• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ex Egghead panellist CJ de Mooi arrested over Netherlands murder

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
BBC News said:
CJ de Mooi, a former panellist on BBC quiz show Eggheads, has appeared in court after his arrest on a European arrest warrant for an alleged killing.
Scotland Yard said the 46-year-old from Monmouthshire had been arrested at Heathrow Airport on Wednesday.
Westminster Magistrates' Court heard the warrant related to allegations of manslaughter, murder, assault and battery in Amsterdam in 1988.
Mr de Mooi appeared under his real name, Joseph Connagh.
The warrant was issued in May by Dutch authorities who are requesting the opportunity for "further questioning".

I know a lot of you may not watch Eggheads, or have never even heard of it, but I used to watch it so obviously I was very surprised to discover that one of the former panellists had apparently murdered someone in the Netherlands about 28 years ago and has just been found out (because he wrote about it in an autobiography).

Never really liked him anyway, but this was still a shock.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Is this still within the Dutch statue of limitations? I'd think it's been too long then since he felt like he could write about it in a book. Either that or he's an idiot.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I don't think statute of limitations applies for murder, so he can still be arrested for it after all this time.

Reactions: Nah
Years
I have actually watched Eggheads a few times (the show airs in Australia on ABC, albeit mainly the older episodes for some reason) and I did hear about this story regarding CJ earlier. It is definitely a shocking twist for the show, so it will be curious to see how his case will go.

Back