• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ok you are kiddin me right? Your leaving due to a 1 star rating? Even the newest expereinced people dont do that. If i left every time i got bad critism bout the way i post or the way i quit or just cause im making something i would be gone everyday. So yeah cheer up dont be stupid and continue it here. No way your goin to find a better site with better hospitality. Some sites acually make you feel like you wanna quit.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Nice map :) Is Lugia/Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno available here ?

1. Before the release of Version 2.0, the three legendary birds will appear in Victory road/Power plant/Seaform island respectively like the original pokemon R/B/Y game series. Lugia, however, is unable to be caught in current Pokemon HOF.

2. After the release of Version 2.0, the three legendary birds won't show up in these three areas before you accomplish the Shamouti Island(to free those three birds from an evil pokemon collector, as is shown in Pokemon movie). Lugia will appear on Shamouti Island as well but it's unable to be captured. You may still wait for the release of future Pokemon HOF in order to capture a Lugia on Whirl Island(probably in version 2.5 or even later).

Remember, we're trying to make all Pokemon catchable but those Legendary Pokemon are only available for once. So please take your chance when you face them. Those are the tips I can give to you, have a good time!

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Good to know, I was kinda hoping that the bit from the movie would be in the game :)

Is any other bits of any of the movies gonna be in the games ? Or you gonna keep quiet about that :P

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Good to know, I was kinda hoping that the bit from the movie would be in the game :)

Is any other bits of any of the movies gonna be in the games ? Or you gonna keep quiet about that :P

The Shamouti Island event is from the movie indeed and I'm gonna implement the New Island event as well when the Orange Islands region is completed. The New Island will be made in this game at the north side of Orange Islands featuring a powerful Mewtwo. The storyline will be almost the same with the movie(Mewtwo strikes back) and Mewtwo is actually created by Blaine(as it was in Manga series). I'm not sure whether Mew will be included in this event though but it's certain that you're unable to capture both Mewtwo and Mew on New Island. You will, however, be able to face a catchable Mewtwo(which is projected to be the same Mewtwo as it appear in New Island) again in Cerulean cave once this New Island event is completed. I currently don't have any other plans for sidequests from pokemon movies but it's possible for me to implement more sidequests like this.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
I have a bunch planned for the regions from the side games (Orre, Fiore, and Almia). Because they're from non-traditional Pokemon games I'm doing stuff completely diffferent from the games, so expect to have a lot of fun.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Update time!

Due to the fact that Mandarin Island is much bigger than any others, we decided to make it a unique region(which means that it will have its own regional map). We also divided it into different cities, towns and routes/searoutes. Please check the screenshot below to learn more information about this:

mandarinregion-1.png

Besides, the first part of Mandarin Island ---- The Bizzaria Town(Bizzaria Harbor) is already completed. It will feature a future event that would transfer the player to Shamouti Island(currently inaccessible) by S.S. Clara Ferry. Please take a view of the pictures below for more details:

Bizzariaharbor-1.png

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
I was hoping the Mewtwo event would be in :) I didn't actually know Blaine created Mewtwo(I'm gonna look into this :) )

Lovely map of the region HOF lol, I'm sure it'll be good when you make the actual map :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
UMBREON used Dark?

Dark what? "Dark" by itself doesn't sound like an attack - you might want to change it to "Dark Wave", "Dark Rush" or something like that. I'm curious though, what does it do?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I was hoping the Mewtwo event would be in :) I didn't actually know Blaine created Mewtwo(I'm gonna look into this :) )

Lovely map of the region HOF lol, I'm sure it'll be good when you make the actual map :)

Thank you for saying this, hope you enjoy playing this fan game!

UMBREON used Dark?

Dark what? "Dark" by itself doesn't sound like an attack - you might want to change it to "Dark Wave", "Dark Rush" or something like that. I'm curious though, what does it do?

Well, "Dark" is a powerful Dark-type move(a special attack) in this game. It has a base power of 95 with 100% accuracy and may lower the foe's special defense. It's a damage dealing move that can be learned only when specific Dark-type Pokemon are raised to higher level(above 60). I added some fakemoves like "Dark", "Blackhole" ('cause there's currently no Dark type moves with a base power more than 80 in Pokemon video game series) and some new moves for the three new Pokemon types I created. I wish to make this game more balanced and playable by doing this. Also, it's encouraged in this game that players use tactics to win in battle rather than rely completely on powerful Pokemon.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years

1. I made that map.
2. Yes, it will look better when I make the actual one for the game.

Anyway, update time. While Hall of Famer is working on Mandarin, I'm upgrading the graphics using the Don Patch. For example, this is how the Pallet Town will look in the future:

newpallet.PNG

Last edited:
Years
Mate, I get an error when I open Game.exe after I have extracted it.

It shows RGSS102E.dll could not be found.

Would you help me please?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Mate, I get an error when I open Game.exe after I have extracted it.

It shows RGSS102E.dll could not be found.

Would you help me please?

You don't seem to have RTP installed on your computer. Try search RTP for RPG Maker XP on Google and download the latest RTP file you'll be fine.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
I do hope you're continuing this project. It's a very good project, and you shouldn't allow a 1-star rating get you down. Not everyone is going to agree with you; you just have to ignore those people who want to express their negative opinions and focus on the people who have continued to show you their unwavering support.

However, you never replied to my PM. :(
I'd like to use your graphics for my own project, but I want to have your permission first.
So, would you be willing to give me your permission?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I do hope you're continuing this project. It's a very good project, and you shouldn't allow a 1-star rating get you down. Not everyone is going to agree with you; you just have to ignore those people who want to express their negative opinions and focus on the people who have continued to show you their unwavering support.

However, you never replied to my PM. :(
I'd like to use your graphics for my own project, but I want to have your permission first.
So, would you be willing to give me your permission?

Thank you for saying this. Well, I did read your PM days ago. I can answer your questions in fan game making but it might not be possible for me to teach you how to use starterkit detailedly. You'll have to learn this process by reading Note.html or check the rmxp.org/forum to learn how to use RGSS.

Btw, I'm okay to share most of the pictures I have. However, some D/P graphics are made by other fan game makers so you'll have to get their permissions in order to use those graphics. For instance, you'll not be permitted to use ShinyLugia or Venom12's battle graphics unless you have their permission. For the tilesets I have, download the Pokemon HOF Version 1.1 and you'll be able to find them in the picture folder. Have a good day!

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
I actually managed to find the tilesets and such in 1.2, I'm pretty sure.

I just wanted to be sure I had your permission before I used them.
I'll be sure to credit you for giving me permission to use your tilesets. Once again, thank you.

And I'm always happy to offer my support to those who deserve it. It's far beyond anything I could do :S

elynxer

Sworedyz
Years
Dude, you should totally have it that during the mewtwo island events, Mewtwo clones your party like in the movie, and they're all stronger than your pokemon(Of course, you'd have to fight them and win). And actually, the other trainers who get to the island also have THEIR pokemon cloned, so this could easily lead to a very epic event!( You could follow the movie further, and have mewtwo capture everyone's pokemon.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back