• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region [OOC Thread]

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Yay, Dream! We'll be waiting for your glorious return with baited breath. :P

RavenStar: Lol, good luck with the love triangle. I think that'd be pretty darn funny to read. Go forth and wreak havoc!

Years
This filler is fun. HOT WING EATING CONTEST WILL BE SERIOUS BUSINESS :D

Oh oh oh, I was wondering...who will be playing members of the PXS? Will Mira be controlling all the baddies, or will some of us need to/be able to make up some bad peoples?

Given that Sheila's parents are in the PXS I'm especially curious.
And I like making evil people sometimes. :D

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Im stuck for posts, I was doing a JP with The Warden, who has completely dissappeared on me. Anyone else want to do a JP?

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
I'll put a post together when I find the time, which unfortunately may be a while. Until then, it's safe to assume that Audrey is where Isabel is. :3

Hm, good luck with those hot wings. I never could stand spicy food myself.

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
I'm so sorry for disappearing again, guys >.< *shame*
My post will be up in a moment.

Now back to doing homework and writing my novel @~@''

I'm doing National Novel Writing Month... You should all do it next year, if you don't mind your life being eaten.

Last edited:

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
*crawls over, half-dead* Yeah... not... something to... try at home... *coughs violently*

It's happily nomming upon my life as well. Speaking of, Mira, I caught a couple Sylvias in there. ^.~ And just for the record, Audrey's visit back home went much more happily than Isabel's, but I don't feel like writing a post full of fluff when I still have large amounts of novel writing to do today.

My computer likes to be mean to me, so it won't let me look at deviantart. Disappointing, because links make me curious.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Bah, I only saw two... When I glanced over it briefly... >.>'

Anywho, in case y'all didn't catch my subtle hint, you should probably get back to the tent/wherever you're staying the night so that we can get on to tomorrow. Just sayin'.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Well Wolf's char is looking for something, and I'm the tour guide >.> xD

Mira

restless spirit
Years
I have returned. There's no need to be alarmed, just be sure to keep your hands plenty busy otherwise I may have to send rabid weasels to nom on your feet until you get a post in...

*cough* I mean... Er... Get ready guys, 'cause the RP's gonna get moving and we'll have a lot of fun! :D As long as you keep up...

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
Of course, when you're done with NaNo and I'm not. You would, Mira, you would. -.- Don't bother sending the weasels my way; they're already here. *nurses battered ankles* ^^'

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
I eat rabid weasels for breakfast.

... that's probably why I'm a zombie...

On a totally unrelated note, it snowed where I live! :D

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Well... it's a few months late. But, better late then never? *laughs awkwardly

Here's Charlie! Oh, and for all of you people wondering... the PXS infiltration part was agreed on between the two of us in advance, so don't freak ^-^'

It's good to be back :3 I miss the good ol' days.

Name: Charles "Charlie" Cooke

Appearance: Charlie is now a tad taller at a height of five feet and six inches. He still has retained some of his previous girth, although, the growth spurt has evened some of the weight out more evenly. Charlie has the usual Caucasian skin pigment and average baby blue eyes. His blond hair is matted down with a silly vanilla swirl for "style."

As for clothes, Charlie is not the most well-dressed. He never ventures past his usual attire of a white T-shirt, khaki shorts, and sneakers. For winter weather he has a jacket, although, if it gets cold enough he sometimes retreat into his pair of sweatpants. Charlie also carries around a frying pan, perfect for smiting enemies or cooking on the go, and a mountain backpack of which he uses to carry supplies and his poke balls. Currently as part of his PXS infiltration he is wearing a PXS uniform.

Personality: Charlie is still the same carefree and goofy person he was before the three year gap, although, this time around he's developed a more serious side. After taking into consideration what Ashleigh said to him and accepting his previous rejection from Isabel, he has formed this new serious by relying on a new found passion for "the cause." Now when preparing food or fighting battles he takes attentiveness to prepare just the right texture or just the right winning combo. Nonetheless he often fails to keep this straight face of his and often he finds himself goofing off both in the kitchen and on the stadium. Charlie's ultimate goal is to develop into a person of whom can win Isabel's heart.

When not in his new found serious state, Charlie is a little too friendly. He is eager to help others through service and often attempts to cheer the depressed. This trait works both for and against him. At times he may be a little too gullible and trusting or too overbearing.

Background: Charlie was born the son of a chef and a waitress in Sunnyshore, Sinnoh. He lived a relatively normal life of a schoolboy, although, of course he became rapidly interested in his father's profession. At the age of eight he began learning how to cook from his father. Things continued to progress relatively smoothly until an innocent kitchen fire resulted in the deaths of both his parents when he was ten. Charlie, who had no other close relatives, was adopted by the owner of the restaurant where his father had worked at. During these few years, his adopted father primed him for a career in the art of cooking. Charlie would have stayed with him for the remainder of his life, if he hadn't learned about his Aunt and Uncle in the Katsu region. And so at the of thirteen he had been set towards the Katsu region.

Unknown to Charlie, both of these relatives were PXS employees who immediately demanded that he hand over Munch of whom he had just recently befriended a year ago. Charlie quickly slugged them with his frying pan and fled their household. He sought refuge in The Uprising where he served as their chef. It was during this time that he caught both Rudy and Mama. He also developed a slight crush on the leader Isabel and became more enthusiastic for the cause.

During the three year gap, Charlie has infiltrated PXS as a grunt while simultaneously training for the reunion of The Uprising members. It is through PXS that Charlie has been brought here to just north of Chipper City so he can rejoin "the cause."

Additional Information: Charlie's experience cooking has contributed to his battle style. Not only does he use his trusty frying pan for combat, but he also uses his knowledge of berries to both treat his Pokemon and damage the opponent.

Pokemon:
446munchlax.png

Nickname: Munch

Breed: Munchlax

Moves: Metronome, Lick, Body Slam, Natural Gift

Appearance: Other than his regular Munchlax qualities, he has a small scar on his left ear.

Personality: Overall Munch is a total glutton whose dining habits resemble that of his owner. He travels around care free and for the most part is never serious. Munch is completely loyal to Charlie.

History: Munch was the first Pokemon Charlie received. One of his friends caught him and gave Munch to Charlie as a joke. The two bonded over a plate of spaghetti and have become inseparable ever since.

Pokemon:
317swalot.png

Nickname: Rudy

Breed: Swalot

Moves: Sludge, Body Slam, Yawn, Encore

Appearance: Normal Swalot

Personality: The somewhat sluggish and dimwitted Rudy is only in it for the food. He personally believes that he is the one who is in control of Charlie and that he is the one who leeches food off of Charlie. So what if he occasionally fights as long as he gets fed everyday.

History: Rudy was found in the air ducts of the PXS building as a Gulpin. Rudy stole food from Charlie during his unintentional PXS infiltration. The aftermath resulted in Rudy's equally unintended capture and his nickname "Rudy" for his "rude" behavior. Rudy evolved during the PXS invasion of the Pokemon Center in Frosty Gorge.

Pokemon:
473mamoswine-f.png

Nickname: Mama

Breed: Mamoswine

Moves: Ancient Power, Mud Bomb, Ice Fang, Endure

Appearance: Normal Mamoswine

Personality: Towards the majority of the Pokemon (Munch being the exception) she is
quite motherly and protective which is why Charlie gave her that nickname. To Munch, however, she is aggressive. From Mama's perspective she is Charlie's love interest of whom saved her from near uncertain circumstances and will come to adore her even more. She is especially obedient when around Charlie and aggressive towards most women. Munch, who has known Charlie the longest and has a better relationship, is also considered as a rival.

History: Charlie found Mama as a Swinub that was moments away from being deported. Charlie cared for her and the two became attached. She later evolved into Piloswine during a skirmish with PSX mercenaries at a campsite. She evolved once more over the break after learning Ancient Power out of desperation in a battle.

Pokemon:
325spoink.png

Nickname: Piggy

Breed: Spoink

Moves: Psywave, Confuse Ray, Psyche Up, Trick

Appearance: Other than normal Spoink qualities, she has a cut on her left ear and one on the right side of her stomach.

Personality: Piggy has an overall distrust of humans after being abandoned twice. It is Charlie of whom she focuses most on ignoring and rebelling against. It's all part of her trashy view on humans and she's sure that Charlie will tire of her and dump her someday. Towards the other owned Pokemon she acts cold. Her ultimate reason for staying with Charlie is similar to that of Rudy (to leech off of Charlie) and because of that she is closer to Charlie rather than the other Pokemon.

History: Charlie found Piggy abandoned and beaten up in a dumpster. At that moment she was too exhausted to stop him (she might have refused otherwise) and he caught her with the intention of taking her to a Pokemon Center for treatment. Begrudgingly, she decided to stay with Charlie for the food and his protection.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Snow Phoenix: *tips head to the side* It took you several months to write that? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?!!
Eh, whatever. You're accepted.

Ralos24

Resident Hoenn Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2011
Hey all. I've been following this RP for a lilttle bit, and decided to put in my SU before it's too late. This will be my first RP on PC, so I won't be surprised if I don't get it.

Name: Alan Mangrove

Appearance: Alan isn't the tallest of teenagers, reaching only 5'10''. However, his shock of unruly bleached-blond hair gives him an appearance of being taller. Said hair is (barely) kept in check by a black bandanna, tied like a headband across his forehead. The dark headband clashes with his pale skin, an oddity for a trainer from Slateport City. He usually wears a thick black hooded jacket with layered sleeves, the lower half of the sleeves being white. The jacket seems ordinary until you've seen him pull any number of knives from pockets on the inside. Under the jacket, he most often wears a skintight gray surfing shirt. To complement this oceanic garment, his usual choice of pants is a pair of navy blue sailing shorts. Said shorts have a black faux leather belt around them, with his four Poke Balls strapped on in special holsters. His eyes, when not hidden behind a veil of blond hair, are a pale gray, and have a cool and calculating air about them. A thin scar runs across his left cheek, though he is not entirely sure when he got it.

Personality: Alan is a cynical yet amiable person, prone to both open friendliness and dry sarcasm. A dedicated realist, he often resents his label as a cynic, claiming he is only pointing out the facts that others seem to miss. As such, he is often seen as a pessimist by his closest friends. This dark attitude was brought about by a bitter rivalry with a former friend, a rivalry that now seems more and more likely to end in death. Though not outwardly passionate, Alan burns with a blue flame inside, masking his dedication to seek revenge (and new adventure) with a cool and demure exterior. This cold determination often makes him rush into things thinking he has analyzed the situation perfectly, while the reality is that he has jumped in over his head. More often than not, however, his cool reasoning lets him escape with minor injuries. So far, anyway. When not training his Pokemon to bizarre limits, Alan enjoys reading logic puzzles in a book he carries with him. He is a dedicated fan of alternative music, and is seldom seen without his MP3. Through all of these ways to distract himself from the world, Alan might seem a bit detached. The truth is quite the opposite. He opens up to very few people, as his trust was betrayed years before and left him with emotional scars that keep his emotional armor locked tight. Through his cool demeanor, he is actually watching you to see if you are a person worth trusting or just another shallow airhead. He tends to place people into either of these two categories, and will treat you as such until you prove otherwise.

Background: Born in Slateport City, Alan was entranced by the ocean and the Pokemon that inhabit it from a very young age. His parents were avid sailors, and Alan spent many days on the sea watching his parents catch Water Pokemon to sell at the Slateport Market. As an only child, Alan was pampered by his parents and their friends throughout his early years. Somehow, he never became spoiled, as he was logical from even an early age. He wasn't the smartest child of his age, but he wasn't far from it. Not much for math and other subjects he thought pointless, Alan enjoyed mind games and logic puzzles, at which he was better than any in his school. Though his childhood was as tranquil and pleasant as any could hope for, Alan felt there was something missing in his life. On his eighth birthday, he witnessed his first League Battle while on a trip to the Hoenn League. Enthralled by the complexity of the battle, Alan vowed to be just like them someday. Like many aspiring trainers in Slateport, he hung around the Battle Tent just to get a glimpse of Pokemon battles. When it came time for him to depart on his Pokemon journey, Alan chose a Mudkip. The pair returned home to Slateport three years later accompanied by Alan's newer Pokemon, with eight badges and a fourth place finish in the Hoenn League. Bored with life in the tranquil Hoenn region, Alan left on a journey to Sinnoh with two of his friends. When their stolen yacht sank in a storm, Alan managed to cling to his Swampert long enough to order it to find the other two trainers he was with. Realizing that the effort would be pointless in the storm, his Swampert took matters into its own hands and swam him away from the wreck, despite his pleading. After drifting on the ocean for two days, Alan was picked up by a Sinnoh Coast Guard boat. Alan assumed the other two trainers to be dead, and took personal responsibility for it. After traveling Sinnoh for a few months, Alan set off to Johto on a luxury liner. While there, he met one of his friends he left Hoenn with, the only other to survive the crash. Alan, thinking that he could have saved the other, confessed it was all his fault. His friend never forgave him, as the other trainer was the girl Alan and the friend had been competing for, if in a friendly manner at the time. When the friend tried to track him down repeatedly, Alan left for Kanto to find some way to rid himself of the guilt. He got wind of PXS from a group of refugees who fled the Katsu region. Always one to look for new experiences, Alan set of for Katsu by way of Flygon-back air travel. He isn't sure whether he is in Katsu to defeat PXS or to somehow atone for his self-apportioned guilt.

Additional Information: Alan is quite adept with his plethora of knives, though most are small and light. They aren't meant to stab and cut, they are designed to be thrown.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back