• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
*Sigh*

Where is the Rate my Team thread?

I'm sorry to hear your game got robbed.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Since you're making a competitive team, post in here. However, I think you should start fleshing out your team, with some natures, EVs, and especially movesets.

@Pwnyta Jockey:

Share Shelf Trading: 1 Point
Berry Picking: 10 Points
Watering a friend's berries: 10 Points
Winning a minigame: 10 to 30 Points
Sending a Pokemon to the Entree Forest: 50 Points

So from this, it doesn't look like there's any perks to being someone's Dream Pal. However, all my resources seem to say "friend's" berries. It's unclear whether it's a stranger or Dream Pal this is awarding points to; I'm assuming the former, actually.

@ceremony:
It sort of depends. You may get a high IV out of those, or you may get a low one. After all, having the characteristic "Capable of taking hits" has a possibility of you having your IV for Defense as 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, or 31 (It's probably not the lower numbers though).

I suggest using Veekun's stat calculator to determine IV's.

http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calculator

Hopefully you haven't battled or used any vitamins on them yet, and if you did, I hope you know what EV's you allocated them to (Or maybe you can approximate if you don't really know).

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Hey, i was contemplating taking a few of my legitly trained pokemon on the new random battle system today, but before i do that can anyone tell me what its like? For example do people use hacked pokemon and teams full of Ubers and shinies with perfect Ivs?
I personally only play with pokemon ive raised from eggs in game with their legit imperfect evs and hard to earn egg moves. Just makes the game seem so much more fun when you win with something you have invested alot of time in.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Hey, i was contemplating taking a few of my legitly trained pokemon on the new random battle system today, but before i do that can anyone tell me what its like? For example do people use hacked pokemon and teams full of Ubers and shinies with perfect Ivs?
I personally only play with pokemon ive raised from eggs in game with their legit imperfect evs and hard to earn egg moves. Just makes the game seem so much more fun when you win with something you have invested alot of time in.

Um, I dont really battle, but im pretty sure you cant use ubers and legendaries like Zekrom, Reshiram, Victini, unless perhaps theres an option to? But yeah, you cant ^_^. People probably use hacks because their too lazy, but most people probably wouldnt.

Years
ok, so i was breeding litwicks and one of them when i look in the summary is facing backwards, and you can't see it's eyes. what is that about? o.O

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
ok, so i was breeding litwicks and one of them when i look in the summary is facing backwards, and you can't see it's eyes. what is that about? o.O

You must've poked it. Try poking it again.

If you touch the Pokémon in the status screen, they'll switch from front sprite to back sprite. :)

@geek2k8: Echoing with Seeds Horizon said, there probably will be some illegitimate Pokémon with megastats hanging around Random matchups. But I'm sure the ratio would be so low, and if you care about ratings, the amount of battles you'll win over a few bad apples in the mix would be nothing to really worry about. Besides, you can always just disconnect right in their faces once you realize their Pokémon are blatant fakes. :V

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
DREAM WORLD

20 some minutes til i can next do Dream World.
Haven't yet woken my last tucked in Pokemon.

Will NOT waking waking it interfere with a later Dream World attempt?

It necessary to wake the tucked in during the Dream World's "cycle" of 24 hours?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
DREAM WORLD

20 some minutes til i can next do Dream World.
Haven't yet woken my last tucked in Pokemon.

Will NOT waking waking it interfere with a later Dream World attempt?

It necessary to wake the tucked in during the Dream World's "cycle" of 24 hours?

Nah, I don't think it's needed to. I kept my Golurk inside the Dream World after my 1 hour was up, for instance. So yeah, I think everything will be fine. XD

@Neiko Star: Try getting a nature that favors Speed. Zoroark would be pretty deadly as long as it's faster than its opponent (Since its Defenses aren't that good). Timid will work, that's +Spd -Atk. If you have a mixed Zoroark, then consider Naive, which is +Spd -Sp.Def.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
About the dreamworld i sent my Accelgor in and got it back out in 1 hr and hve been waiting 2 weeks to get back in bc it just says its it needs time to recharge and its still recharging and recharging and recharging and i cant get back in. whats the deal?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
About the dreamworld i sent my Accelgor in and got it back out in 1 hr and hve been waiting 2 weeks to get back in bc it just says its it needs time to recharge and its still recharging and recharging and recharging and i cant get back in. whats the deal?
Have you put the game into another DS, or messed with the clock of your DS?

Years
In the Giant Chasm after you go through the cave and all, I already have kyrum but once you go all the way north theres a part with stairs that go up how do you get there???????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I assume you're talking about when the snow isn't there? The inaccessible staircase is the one you took to get to Kyurem in the first place. It just looks a bit different with the snow off.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Walk up it? If not, if you havent beat the E4 the second time, pretty sure it all thaws out or your allowed to access all of it afterwards. *shrugs* I never beat the E4 the second time, not yet at least, since I reset my game twice. But as I was reading a walkthrough (Making sure I hadnt missed anything) I saw something about how after you catch Kyurem the area seals off until you beat the E4.

Years
the innaccessable stairs you do not have to take to get to kyrum, i already caught him and beat hte elite 4 23059 times, is it possible to go up those stairs or no cuz i no b4 you did not have to and now i want to no if u can

Walk up it? If not, if you havent beat the E4 the second time, pretty sure it all thaws out or your allowed to access all of it afterwards. *shrugs* I never beat the E4 the second time, not yet at least, since I reset my game twice. But as I was reading a walkthrough (Making sure I hadnt missed anything) I saw something about how after you catch Kyurem the area seals off until you beat the E4.

you can not just walk up them lol i would not be asking then right now. I wanna no how to get there in the first place

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Dude, they're the same stairs you went up to get Kyurem! I said that already, but maybe I wasn't clear enough. They just appear to be a different set because the snow's not there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back