• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
The only game i ever sold was CoD: Modern Warfare 3 because i just hated that game so much over time, i just wanted to get rid of it for good.
Games I sold:
-Gears of War 2
-Pokemon White
-Street Fighter 4 IV 3D (Rebought for cheap on a holiday when I was in a fighting games mood...only to find out I left the 3DS at home anyway, and never ended up playing it. :V)
-Star Fox 64 3D (Rebought because I figured the game is all about consecutive playthroughs after my initial disappointment of it being too short)
-Mario Party 8
-Sonic Genesis Collection DS
-Skyrim
-Sonic Generations 3DS
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Mario and Sonic at the Olympic 2012 Games.

I know I'm forgetting some. Either way most of these are games I didn't end up playing much (Gears, Generations, Party 8) or disappointed me (Pokemon, Skyrim, SFxT), and the ones I did regret selling I ended up rebuying anyway, so no big loss.

On the other hand, I lost/broke loads of games. I had this big ass PS2 collection I tell you, all gone. ;_; As for consoles, I let a friend borrow my Gamecube after getting a Wii (and he lost it), a PS2 that bricked recently, a Wii that bricked due to several unfortunate accidents, lost a backlit GBA SP (THIS ONE HURTS), a broken DS Phat, and 2 broken DS Lites. Curse of being in a big family I suppose, since none of these were really my fault. :P

Last edited:
Years
Aren't all PS3s BC with PS1? Mine plays them perfectly fine.
My brother is knowledgeable on the PS3 and he says only the original model is BC with the PS1 and PS2. I forget though if the newer models after the original are BC, but I do know that the newest model isn't BC with the PS2 and I doubt the PS1.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Aren't all PS3s BC with PS1? Mine plays them perfectly fine.
Yep but as far as I know, it's pretty dodgey. (sound quality glitches and missing textures I believe.) I haven't tried it myself since all my PS1 games are NTSC (my PS3 is PAL), but I heard it's better to just buy the games on the store anyway.

TY

As far as i know, only the first gen PS3's had that ability, since i cant play any PS2 disc on my new PS3

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Hm, I was never able to ply PS1 or PS2 games when I had an older PS3 couple of years ago. :/

I've heard that if you pay a little more, that you can find backwards compatible ones. My friend had one and constantly bragged about it.

TY

Well i also had one, i bought that one 6 years ago (one of the first PS3's ever) and that one had that capability, so i think its only the really first gen of PS3's

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Well i also had one, i bought that one 6 years ago (one of the first PS3's ever) and that one had that capability, so i think its only the really first gen of PS3's

Oh, mine was probably second gen then. :p

I probably will buy an older PS3 when the price goes down a little more. I really want to play all of the God of War Games and the collections. Also Uncharte, inFAMOUS and Killzone are good as well.

TY

I guess so, since my friend bought one a month later and he didnt had that capability.
Or mine was just really special xD

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
All PS3 systems should be able to play PS1 game. PS2 compatibility is limited to the first generation.

And the PS3 is absolutely worth it at this point. So many great games out, with Uncharted 2 being the best of the best, and some of the more obscure titles like Sly 4 and Puppeteer. What a turnaround from the initial disappointment.

Spoiler:

TY

Yeah i do agree with the Wii being better :P
I should get one after my stupid sis selling it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Dunno about the Wii being better since I didn't play a lot of Wii games to judge the console.

TY

Neither have i lately, but the Wii (and other Nintendo consoles/handhelds) has lots of exclusives like Super Smash bros. Brawl and Mario Kart, in comparision to the PS3, and the PS3/Xbox counterparts to them are rubbish.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Neither have i lately, but the Wii (and other Nintendo consoles/handhelds) has lots of exclusives like Super Smash bros. Brawl and Mario Kart, in comparision to the PS3, and the PS3/Xbox counterparts to them are rubbish.
I don't play any Mario, SSB, Luigi games so Nintendo consoles aren't really appealing to me even when some other games are nice.

TY

I have played them at a friends place though. But its just personal tastes :P

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I don't play any Mario, SSB, Luigi games so Nintendo consoles aren't really appealing to me even when some other games are nice.
You're missing out
-Zack and Wiki
-Punch Out!!
-Little King's Story
-Metroid Prime 3
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Rhythm Heaven Fever
-Trauma Center
-Trauma Team
-Disaster
-Resident Evil 4 (The best version)
-Excite Bots
-Wario Land: Shake It
-Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
-Red Steel 2
-Sin & Punishment
-Tastunoko vs Capcom
-Warioware Smooth Moves

All great games that aren't Mario. And then you have the fact it has some of the best Mario games anyway (Galaxy 1 and 2 are the highest rated games, NSMB Wii is a very tight and polised 2D Mario, Strikers Charged is arcade fun, etc). It's definitely a strong contender for the best of this gen.

Brawl and Mario Kart Wii got nothing on their predecessors though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
It's in General Entertainment now?
Come thinking of it, I often watch some shows on TV, like a certain motivational show and comedy show. And I was watching a soup drama which surprisingly surpass even Pokémon in the case of the number of episodes, even though debuting in less than a year.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This weekend was awesome in terms of TV though. the Doctor Who special, new season of ponies, and then new episode of The Walking Dead in which I am cringing towards next week imo. aaaaaaagh ;;

Back