• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Magneton. It had sturdy, which almost guaranteed I could paralyze the opponent. Then I could infinite-heal from the bag until the opponent got paralyzed, and abuse sturdy again.

Years
Always had to rely on my starter (Osha-/De-/Samurott for Black 2) the most in every Pokemon game, but once I caught some of my favorites (such as Volcarona, Riolu/Lucario, etc.) I started using them more. Can't say for sure I had one distinct MVP, but I believe I used Lucario, Samurott, Volcarona, and Magnezone a lot compared to the rest of my Pokemon pre-Hall of Fame. Post-HoF, I started importing Pokemon from my SoulSilver, and MVP status shifted to Dragonite, Metagross, Tyranitar, and Hydreigon. (All pseudo-legendaries I just noticed...maybe that's why ;) )

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I did not really have a MVP through the main game and the E4. But my Krookodile is my main pokemon atm. He helped me get through all of the White Treehollow. He also played part in my team for the E4, but he wasn't my main.

Years
My MVP is Kyogre with Surf, and it can take out just about anything (excluding Pokémon with Sturdy of course) in one hit, since it's at level 100.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
My Metagross from the Giant Chasm is my MVP. All of those resistances made it easy to wipe out the Elite Four and Iris. I also use it almost every time I participate in the PWT.

kgarra8649

Black 2= Beat in 1 day!!!!!
Years
My MVP (surprisingly) was Starmie. My Starmie knows Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Surf, which surprisingly took out most of the Elite Four and the Champion. Who Knew!

Moose

Pokemon Master,
Years
My entire team was amazing, with good stats all around, and I loved them all.
However, if I were to pick an MVP, it would be Tron the magnezone. I got him just to beat Roxie, but I'm glad I kept him. He hit and could take hits like a boss (unless it was a ground type hit)

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
My Haxorus.

In the first game, I didn't know what Haxorus' stats were like, so he had a few special moves there, which took up space for his physical moves.

Then, I realized my mistake, and made a monster. All I needed to beat any gym was to Dragon Dance at least once, and then Dragon Claw everything. And when Dragon Claw was replaced with Dual Chop, thus getting an extra 20 STAB for each hit, with each hit having a base of 40, meaning that the attack is already as powerful as Dragon Claw, with an extra 40 STAB bonus, meaning it's more powerful than Dragon Rush, and add a Super Effective hit to it makes that damage double to 240.

Sheesh.

And if, by some unholy chance that Haxorus faints, then all I would need is my Lilligant, who you likely already know the moveset of.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Sawk, he took out most of Ghetsis' team. Besides that, probably Druddigon who helped me defeat N's team after the Elite four.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
My MVP was Porygon2. It was a TANK, and it could learn some great moves. Took hits like a boss!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Excadrill was my MVP, but Haxorus was pretty close. They wrecked basically everything. D:

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Hmm... Lucario saw a lot of use. I evolved it by the third gym. Genesect was a major help against Roxie and continued to be a staple of my team... Lucario helped me with the PWT and certain gym leaders. He's my favorite. I really EV trained him too. I don't usually do that.

Years
My Mienshao was usually the front-fighter and took out a lot of the stronger opponents. That didn't change in Black 2, either. :D

Years
My Crobat, Mithradite was my MVP for the actual run, but for the battle against Iris, my MVP was definetly my Krookodile, Queen, partly due to the fact that she knew Outrage and didn't have to worry about that pesky weakness she would of had if she was Dragon.

Back