• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Don't forget the accent over the E BD...

Also, the comma after 'good' should go. The comma only exists when the words are interchangeable. In this case, good modifies 'quality BALL'.
You wouldn't say 'quality, good BALL'...sounds funny.

I don't think he's modified the item descriptions; that's the way it is in FR/LG. I believe it's meant to mean good and quality. Removing the comma wouldn't make sense; you'd have to change it to 'high quality'. Basically, I think you should keep it the way it is.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey! Thanks everyone for the nice comments, and Delt I will fix the accent thing and I do think Wichu is correct about the comma...

Now an ~MUSICAL UPDATE~

Yes, I started working with remixes these last weeks and now I have plenty of them! They are all mp3s which makes the overall file size A LOT bigger. That wouldn't be an issue cause as soon as I release a demo there would have two versions, one with mids and the other with the high quality mp3s.

Here is the link to the new title music. It's a remix I made from a GB Pokémon TCG music...

listen to it here

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hmm... I've heard that before. It has a pretty good melody, but I think it needs some more instruments or something to just help break up all the silence.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
The sound's a bit too harsh. The high sounds are really metallic and there is almost no low. It's also pretty barren and atonal music should be used VERY sparingly. You should make this more balanced.

If you give me the MIDI I could fix it up for you. Just email it ([email protected]).

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The sound's a bit too harsh. The high sounds are really metallic and there is almost no low. It's also pretty barren and atonal music should be used VERY sparingly. You should make this more balanced.

If you give me the MIDI I could fix it up for you. Just email it ([email protected]).

Yeah I agree with the comments but about you fixing the MIDI... it's impossible. For some reason any software that is able to save the file as MIDI doesn't work on my PC, the one I use can open MIDIs but is only able to save them as mp3, ogg, wma etc.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, good to say this isn't dying. Good work JV.

We never get close to that 0_0... Anyways

~SMALL UPDATE~

~The revamped starters

Zephyr has finally finished revamping Flager and Inflagetah that needed a revamp so I'll reveal all of the new sprites ^^.

ORCHYNX:
72d0rc.png

METALYNX:
2dr56wx.gif

FLAGER:
6ygr28.png

INFLAGETAH:
juifio.png

ELETUX:
2vxf82e.png
(PichuK did that one)

ELETRUXO (same old sprite):
25ku6uq.png

Thats all for now, some comment on these new sprites would be great also expect a BIG update soon!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Yeah I agree with the comments but about you fixing the MIDI... it's impossible. For some reason any software that is able to save the file as MIDI doesn't work on my PC, the one I use can open MIDIs but is only able to save them as mp3, ogg, wma etc.

You could just email me the raw MIDI and I could make a few adjustments in 10-15 minutes that would automatically make it sound better. However, for my game I'm doing custom tracks that are elaborately remixed.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hello everyone ^^. Even though it has been some days since the last time I or anyone else posted on this thread, it doesn't mean that I'm not active anymore xD. Actually I've been preparing this update for a few days and on that one I'll present something that will impress everyone! So... Have fun

~VIDEO~

I forgot to post on the thread the new video that was shown on GDW first issue, so for those that hadn't seen it yet, here it is..

Spoiler:

~FINAL SUMMARY~

Zeph and I have finished thinking on the plot and all. She made it look pretty solid, and all I have to say is that it's possible to make a great game out of it (Thats what I'm trying ^^). She wrote a new summary for this thread, for those interested, here it is:
Spoiler:

~THE NEW MENU~

Yes, exactly what you heard ^^. A few days ago finished what is Uranium's most different system till the moment. It's working smoothly and has no bugs as far as I know, It was entirely done by me with no help at all. It's similar to a ring menu but on a Uraniuesque way (My graphic style etc..). I named it Octodiamond menu ^^.

PUMENU.gif

NOTE: The menu works A LOT faster than that.

Thats all for today friends =p. I'm expecting some positive feedback from that. Construtive comments would be nice, cya!

Years
Nice update, ~JV~.
Octodiamond? Octo-Diamond? 'Octo'? (remind me about octopus). lol.
Keep up the good work.

It's name is derived from octo meaning 8 and Diamond referring to its shape. The menu has 8 items to choose and is in the shape of a diamond, so that explains that. I like the menu, it is different and is unlike anything I have ever seen from a game. Good work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2010
Looks great, expecially the diamond bag, is there a demo out yet? X_X ive got poke'ivitus

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Looks great, expecially the diamond bag, is there a demo out yet? X_X ive got poke'ivitus

Thanks, and I wont be telling any date..

Can't believe I never checked out this thread before. The new menu screen looks quite interesting and creative. The fakemon sprites are among the best I've ever seen from this board so far.

Glad you liked, I'm certain the both Zephyr and PichuK are really proud of their work xD

It's name is derived from octo meaning 8 and Diamond referring to its shape. The menu has 8 items to choose and is in the shape of a diamond, so that explains that. I like the menu, it is different and is unlike anything I have ever seen from a game. Good work.

Exactly ^^.

The octidiamond menu looks really cool. It's nice to see you doing a different take on the menu. Well done.

I'm really happy that you liked it, after all, you're the best with custom systems/menus on this forum ;p.

Here is a teaser screen for fun..

30xddnn.png

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Well, I've seen the features in the update before, so I think you know that I like them, however... I do have to comment on your new teaser screen.

The style of that new sprite doesn't seem to go well with your new style. I think the difference is mainly in the perspective, or the pose. For that new sprite, you have a very conventional pose from a head-on perspective, but many of the new sprites you've shown seem to use poses and perspectives much more like Platinum.

Also, the battle background is a bit off in my opinion. It looks not so much like Pokemon as Final Fantasy, or gritty Fire Emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back