• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
I got a question. I got a LC 3.1 beta. an when i turn teh game on and i am about to start. Hmm You woke me up!? Will you check the clock for me? What time is it? Wha? The clock has stoped? That can't be right hmm Try and read clock again....

you need to change the real time setting in your emu. go to options then scroll down to emulator then check the list carefully. there should be a option that is not checked called "real time clock" right below AGB Print. Just put real time clock on and u should be good ^^

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
i gotta admit the weather in LC 3.1 is really depressing especially with cindaquil as a starter... all i'm getting is rain, rain, and more rain.... What happened to sandstorms and hail?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
You can use YAPE to fix the compatibility, I think it's the only way.]

Playing slots all day, eh? :)

What is YAPE?

i gotta admit the weather in LC 3.1 is really depressing especially with cindaquil as a starter... all i'm getting is rain, rain, and more rain.... What happened to sandstorms and hail?

Agreed - I picked Totodile, which is great for the rain but training Arcanine is a pain.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
i found an invisible wall in the dark cave but i don't know how to post images on the forums so can anyone teach me?

oh and i also found and captured Jirachi near in the deepest part of the dark cave ^^

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey guys, i think i may sound like a noob but, since the new live log is at another page, then, where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, i'm confused....i want an ASAP reply if possible....
EDIT:well, i also want to ask, i defeated team saturn at saffron, and earned the badges from vermillion, saffron and celadon, then, i was told to do some event at lavender town, but i can't get there from saffron, then, the only way is to go through fuchisa, and this may sound noob, again, but, that means that i have to earn fuchisa gym badge and then go to lavender town and do the event?
EDIT 2:well, also, the move tutor at goldenrod that teaches dragon claw, when i talked to him after doing the pkmn league 1st time, he was talking like if he already taught the move, well, i have a salamance, and for some reason...it can't learn flamethrower for the guy that teaches that move for coins....then again, what moves do you recomend to put on my salamance...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2012
I don't know if these have been reported yet, but I found some bugs.

1. Teleporting takes me to Cerulean City even though, I'm only in Azalea Town.

2. Talking to the third trainer after defeating him on the top floor of Sprout Tower crashes the game.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
Is it any way to get Charmander/Mareep/Larvitar/Dratini?

charmander is at fusha city right left of the pokemon center goin the house and talk to the girl she'll give u a charmander.

Mareep can be found a cherrygrove city right in the pokemon center on the far right bottom corner should be a guy with yellow hair capature a poliwag and trade it to him for a mareep.

Lavitar can either be caught a Mt Silver after defeating all of Johoto and Kanto gym leaders. It can be accessed right before victory road where the guy that used to block you first time when u meet elite four will be gone. Or get enough money for coins or get enough coins (game tokens from slots) and trade it in at celedon city (need 8888 coins)

Dratini can be caught at dragons den. Or gotten from an old man at the dragons den after defeating team what ever it's name is. I did not get it from the old man so i do not know if the dratini received from him will know extreme speed or not

hey guys, i think i may sound like a noob but, since the new live log is at another page, then, where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, i'm confused....i want an ASAP reply if possible....
EDIT:well, i also want to ask, i defeated team saturn at saffron, and earned the badges from vermillion, saffron and celadon, then, i was told to do some event at lavender town, but i can't get there from saffron, then, the only way is to go through fuchisa, and this may sound noob, again, but, that means that i have to earn fuchisa gym badge and then go to lavender town and do the event?
EDIT 2:well, also, the move tutor at goldenrod that teaches dragon claw, when i talked to him after doing the pkmn league 1st time, he was talking like if he already taught the move, well, i have a salamance, and for some reason...it can't learn flamethrower for the guy that teaches that move for coins....then again, what moves do you recomend to put on my salamance...

well for the latest ip patch i don't know. But you can either get the gym badge or not before going to lavander town but you'll need the badge to get through the two guys in saffron. I do not know salamance's move because i never trained one before but dragon claw would definately be one to get. Salamence can learn the move at level 79 by it self so....

i think it should be
Hidden power (flying)
Crunch
dragon claw
double edge.

these worked out pretty well for me ^^

I mean right now LC cannot battle other players so level will determine almost all pokemon battles in a NPC encounter. Why waste time figuring out movesets that counter certain things?

Last edited:
Years
Yes you should defeat Fuchsia gym and the route there is the only way to go to lavender town but when you complete the event there the outpost between Saffron city and Lavender town will open up so that you don't really had to go back all the way again...

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2017
Where does this beta end? I'm at Leaf Bay City and beat the guys up north. Everywhere else is closed so I can't go any further. Is this the end of this beta?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Can anyone PM me where can i find or buy a leaf stone? I searched at the Celadon mall and there's nothin'
EDIT 1: Nevermind, I found the guy at lavender.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
Yes you should defeat Fuchsia gym and the route there is the only way to go to lavender town but when you complete the event there the outpost between Saffron city and Lavender town will open up so that you don't really had to go back all the way again...

ok thanks, and how do i get the pokeflute or pokeflute app to wake up the snorlax at vermillion?, and where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, oh, and did the zapdos event at lavender, then, do i go back to saffron and battle laz and zeikku on my way to cerulean??

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hello everyone! I have an announcement. I was busy this weekend with a few surprises. All of the changes announced today are due to a sudden raise in demand for LC.

Live Beta System Evolved!
Over the last week something happened with LC. It was posted onto Reddit and since then, there's been over 6000 new downloads. This is amazing news and consider this my thanks to everyone for the support, but there was a problem I had to address. On the night that it was posted, the Live Beta IPS link was exhausted from all the new downloads and eventually it went offline. The service I relied on had blocked the file from being able to be downloaded due to bandwidth. This meant that nobody could download LC until I fixed it.

So I fixed it, and recreated the download page to match LC's Bootscreen. I also added 4 mirrors, so that if it ever happens again there's a mirror to turn too. All 4 of the mirrors are Live Beta compatible, so they all give the latest release!

But, that's not quite all of it...

LC's Main Hub
For ever since I can remember, this was the main base for LC. It was posted here first back in 2007, and has continued to be the place that's kept updated the most. The Main download was located on my forums, The Pokémon World being the exclusive place to get it. Well, due to Reddit and high activity of LC that can't be the case any more.

From this day forward, I have created a new site dedicated to LC, over at http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal. You can find a lot of things on the site such as the main Download link, Features, Videos and other information about LC that you guys might not be aware of.

But, there's something special on that site that will be useful to you guys.

The Development Journal - New Live Log
For a while I relied on the Live Log as the primary means to update everyone on the latest additions and fixes. That method works flawlessly for people, but only if they come to this thread and find the link to the Hack Bug Report Database on the first post. While I consider this to be sufficient for everyone following this thread, it's not sufficient for new-comers that don't know about Pokécommunity or The Pokémon World. The Hack Bug Report Database is also not findable easily from The Pokémon World forums.

That's why I decided to build a new solution, the Development Journal located on the main LC site at Linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/journal. It's a blog which completely replaces the Live Log and is integrated to the main LC site. Over there i'll be posting *everything* that happens with LC whenever it happens. Instead of just a simple change log item, there will be a blog post with explanations and other details, reasons and all sorts of stuff you might find interesting.

Every time I make a post to the Journal, it get's automatically posted to My Twitter and the new LC Facebook Page. This means that the auidicene for LC has reached a much much larger area than just a simple hidden section on The Pokémon World. So it's official, the Live Log has moved to the Journal, Twitter and Facebook. It also means you can follow my twitter and Zeikku's Twitter to be informed of the updates. I guess what I'm really saying, is that I no longer have the time to post updates on the forums.

What Should You Do
Well I would like to encourage people to visit the Development Journal and to subscribe via Email, the you can be informed of the updates that way. You can follow mine or Zeikku's twitter for the Journal updates too. Oh, and if you can go ahead and Like the Facebook page that would be great! For the time being the Hack Bug Report Database will remain at The Pokémon World, so continue to use it like normal. When I get back to work on LC I'll be going through the bugs posted there again and fixing what I can.

Also, I'm just gonna say this and you can take it how you please. These services are starting to cost me quite a bit of money to keep running. If you ever feel like supporting me and LC to the max, then feel free to use the donate button on the main site. This isn't a request but I'm just letting people know I added a button there.

Oh, and if there's any problems with the site then let me know and I'll get it sorted! I'll still be around here but just expect less frequent updates from me and Zeikku here.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Just wanted to say that I've been playing this for a few hours now (I am late to the rom hacks game I'm afraid) and I am loving it. I've played every single Pokemon game since Blue/Red were released and I really do think that this holds up against them (and in a lot of cases is a much better game!)

Many thanks to those who were involved

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2012
I found a couple more bugs. I don't know if they are known or not.

1. In Ilex Forest if you interact with the Farfetch'd, but leave the area before getting it back to its owner it will glitch. Whenever you interact with it from now on it will get stuck in a tree and not move.

2. At the Day Care if you talk to the old lady she'll say you have a pokemon that can be picked up, even though you haven't left one off. The pokemon you receive is a BAD EGG.

EDIT: Found another mistake. It's not really a bug.

1. The sign on the left of the Poke Center in Goldenrod identifies it as a Poke Mart instead of a Poke Center.

EDIT 2: Is there anything wrong with the weather? In my game it is raining about 75% of the time.

EDIT 3: After getting the squirt bottle. The girl who gives it to you has a spelling error. She says "on't do anything too dangerous!" The "D" was left out in don't.

Last edited:
Back