• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
I took both of your advice, and downloaded XSE 1.1.1 and downloaded Free Space Finder. Using FSF, I found a free offset, and plugged it into the following code
Spoiler:

Then I compiled the script, copied the @start offset into Advance Map, and booted the ROM. This time, I have no idea what's happening, but when I went to speak to the NPC, my character walked up one tile, and the screen turned black. Anyone have any help?

Hmm, it should be working just fine..... Though I don't know if it'll make any difference try compiling with the offset 0x800000 and try again. If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for a more advanced coder to come on...

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
Hmm, it should be working just fine..... Though I don't know if it'll make any difference try compiling with the offset 0x800000 and try again. If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for a more advanced coder to come on...

Just got stranger... I tried switching the offset to 0x800000, and upon talking to my NPC, I got slot machines, where apparently I've run out of coins. Could this be a rom problem, or do I have a faulty XSE or Advance Map? Everything looks like it should be working, but I keep getting the strangest results.

Years
Just got stranger... I tried switching the offset to 0x800000, and upon talking to my NPC, I got slot machines, where apparently I've run out of coins. Could this be a rom problem, or do I have a faulty XSE or Advance Map? Everything looks like it should be working, but I keep getting the strangest results.
Ok in free space finder make sure you load your rom and click search from begining of rom. Then copy the offset it gives you and paste it into your code. If your script still isn't working then you mave have a corrupted rom

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Trying to make a tile warp, but when I compile, PokeScript gets an error "has stopped working" and closes:

#dyn @start
lock
warp 0x3 0x66 0xFF 0x10 0x24
waitspecial
release
end

What's wrong there?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Trying to make a tile warp, but when I compile, PokeScript gets an error "has stopped working" and closes:

What's wrong there?
I'm not sure if something is wrong with your Pokescript, but as far as the script goes, it seems pretty simple. If anything just make sure your bank and map numbers are in hex.

Years
Ok i need help with my script. It is a level script and for some reason at the end of the script there japanese text starts popping up when the script is just supposed to end!
Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x6D2A3C
#org @start
setvar 0x4033 0x1
setflag 0x201
applymovement 0x3 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move4
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move6
waitmovement 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @move6
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= [PLAYER]! It's me dad!\pBefore you say anything abut my\nhair! The hair dresser screwed up\land gave me this emo cut!\pAnyway, i'm back! It is so nice to\nsee you [PLAYER]!\pI don't have much time but let me\nshow you around a little bit!\pFollow me.
#org @2 
= This in front of us is the\nPokemart.\pIn here you can buy and sell\nthings.\pThere is one of theese in almost\nevery town, city, or villige.
#org @3 
= This is the Pokemon Center.\pHere you can heal up all of your\ntired or fainted Pokemon back to\lfull health.\pIn the upstairs part of the\nPokemon center you can trade and\lconnect with people world wide!
#org @4 
= Right in front of us is a Pokemon\nGym.\pGym's consit of trainers that you\nmust battle to challenge the Gym\lLeader.\pThe Gym leader is a very powerful\ntrainer.\pEach gym usses a different type.\pFor example a gym might only use\nFighting types.\pOr a gym might use all electric\ntypes.\pWhen you beat a gym leader they\nwill usually give you a new TM.\lAnd shall always give you a badge\lto show you beat them.\pWhen you get all 8 badges you can\nenter the Pokemon League.\pThere you can battle the Elite 4\nand the champion.\pThey are the strongest trainers in\nall of the Arorian Region.\pIf you can beat the Elite 4 and\nthe champion without losing all\lyour Pokemon then your are truely\lthe Pokemon champion.
#org @5
= Will you look at the time!\pI have to go [PLAYER]!\nI'll see you soon.\lBye

Ok does anyone know how to fix this?

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Ok does anyone know how to fix this?

Was there a lot of space at the offset you used? If not, there's a chance that the script may of run over into other data, and so it's putting that in the message box as well.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Ok, I updated the tile warp script, and now it's better, but as soon as I step on the tile the game freezes.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
warp 0x3 0x66 0xFF 0x10 0x24
waitspecial
release
end

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
Hmm Haia, I got a question, i hope you someone of you can aswer it.
Ive been scripting for a while now and almost made my home town complete, I need to resue some1 and he gives me a pokemon bla bla bla. but my question is what if i die in that first battle? is my whole game screwed up? and im planning to make a battle against my rival with lvl 5 pokes, what is he/she defeats me? what do i have to do to prevent this? :S
It would be nice if i can rebattle or something but doing the whole conversation again.

Thanks in advance all.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
I'm a bit new to scripting and I'm having trouble with this one.
I'm writing in XSE for a FireRed hack. The script is fired off by a trigger/"green S" tile.

What I want to happen is, after the right flags are set, have a person walk toward the player, say something, then initiate a battle. I've looked at the scripts for the Giovanni Silph Co. battle as well as the Pokemon Tower rival battle for comparison but can't see where the important differences are. My script is below (the overuse of #raw 62 is just filler from debugging).

The trigger behaves well enough before I have the flag set, so that works, at least. But once I set the flag, everything just freezes. Nobody moves, and no battle begins. I tried attaching the script to a person event, but that makes the person move without initiating the battle.

Spoiler:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
This is a question for all you Emerald hackers on the site.

What I want to do is move the camera during an event, then move it back. I am well aware that (in FR at least) this requires a special "lock" and "release" command, as well as the standard applymovement 0x7F.

Does anybody know if Emerald requires these "lock" and "release" specials, and if so, which specials they are?

ETA: Never mind, I found out which specials they are. In Emerald, it's special 0x116 and 0x117 instead of 0x113 and 0x114 like on RS and FRLG.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
Yay, I failed at a basic script again -_- This time I tried following a youtube tut (Hack Tutorials: Script Lesson One). I followed the tutorial exactly using Pokescript (I know its outdated, but i've been having no more luck with XSE, so I'm willing to try anything. Instead of getting a message box that says hello, I'm getting a choice between "buy" or "quit", neither of which I can select, and I can't back away either. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm fairly sure it isn't my rom, I downloaded a new one to try this on.

Notepad Code

Spoiler:

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
Yay, I failed at a basic script again -_- This time I tried following a youtube tut (Hack Tutorials: Script Lesson One). I followed the tutorial exactly using Pokescript (I know its outdated, but i've been having no more luck with XSE, so I'm willing to try anything. Instead of getting a message box that says hello, I'm getting a choice between "buy" or "quit", neither of which I can select, and I can't back away either. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm fairly sure it isn't my rom, I downloaded a new one to try this on.

Notepad Code

Spoiler:

NinjaLizzard i read you are using pokescript cuz you dont have more luck with XSE, but i can tell you this: downloads XSE 1.1.1 and look for any helpin the Diegoisawesome mega-huge xse tutorial, im kinda beginner but that tutorial helped me a lot. then the script would be:
Spoiler:

isnt this easier, the 0x6 is the same as boxset 6. it is al explained in the tutorial. if you sdont know how to get xse 1.1.1 pm me oki? REally XSE is far more easier

Can some1 help me?
My problem: Over and over again battling with a Weedle.
Its like this: You start, walk somewhere and then you have to rescue prof oak by killing the weedle. he says thank you and its done. but it can also happen if you you fail against the weedle. then you go back to you mommy and go to prof oak again over and over again until you defeat that weedle. my problem is when i killed the weedle and walk over the tile again its okej, no worries. But when i walk in house and go out again and walk over the tile again it starts the battle again.

I hope you guys understand me. I also made a video for the problem and i put the scripts in the disription, i also will put the script here.

Video: i cant post url yet but the video link is in my Visitor message so you only have to press on my name and the link will show up i guess

Script for starter and killing weedle:
Spoiler:

And the script for when you didnt kill the weedle:
I think something is wrong in this one:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance, could you pm/vp me the solution?

Last edited:
Years
Ok i need help with my script. It is a level script and for some reason at the end of the script there japanese text starts popping up when the script is just supposed to end!
Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x6D2A3C
#org @start
setvar 0x4033 0x1
setflag 0x201
applymovement 0x3 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move4
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move6
waitmovement 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @move6
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= [PLAYER]! It's me dad!\pBefore you say anything abut my\nhair! The hair dresser screwed up\land gave me this emo cut!\pAnyway, i'm back! It is so nice to\nsee you [PLAYER]!\pI don't have much time but let me\nshow you around a little bit!\pFollow me.
#org @2 
= This in front of us is the\nPokemart.\pIn here you can buy and sell\nthings.\pThere is one of theese in almost\nevery town, city, or villige.
#org @3 
= This is the Pokemon Center.\pHere you can heal up all of your\ntired or fainted Pokemon back to\lfull health.\pIn the upstairs part of the\nPokemon center you can trade and\lconnect with people world wide!
#org @4 
= Right in front of us is a Pokemon\nGym.\pGym's consit of trainers that you\nmust battle to challenge the Gym\lLeader.\pThe Gym leader is a very powerful\ntrainer.\pEach gym usses a different type.\pFor example a gym might only use\nFighting types.\pOr a gym might use all electric\ntypes.\pWhen you beat a gym leader they\nwill usually give you a new TM.\lAnd shall always give you a badge\lto show you beat them.\pWhen you get all 8 badges you can\nenter the Pokemon League.\pThere you can battle the Elite 4\nand the champion.\pThey are the strongest trainers in\nall of the Arorian Region.\pIf you can beat the Elite 4 and\nthe champion without losing all\lyour Pokemon then your are truely\lthe Pokemon champion.
#org @5
= Will you look at the time!\pI have to go [PLAYER]!\nI'll see you soon.\lBye

Can somebody please Help me with this!?!?

Years

Use offset 800000 or something bigger.

I used offset 830000.Now the view radius works correctly,but instead of saying something,the screen turns red and the game freezes.
I have XSE 1.0.0,so I'm going to try downloading XSE 1.1.1 and then tell you guys what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back