• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you view on Pokemon Deaths?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
First, Pokemon is mainly targeted towards children, even though the older community likes it as well. We barely see Pokemon die and only in games and most episodes, they just faint and they get taken to the Pokemon Center to be healed.

But let's say if a Pokemon dies. Will you get astonished by this? I mean, I saw Latios die, trying to protect the city and Latios merely lives as a soul in the 5th movie of Pokemon. It was pretty sad at least, but what do you view on deaths on Pokemon? Is it heartbreaking for them to die? What are your views on this? This also centers the games as well, even Hydreigon's death at the hands of Kyurem.

Some get resurrected as Gastly and that's one logic, despite some only living as a soul. I'm not saying they should die, but this is like how you feel when they do. I think that some Pokemon also died in the Manga, if I'm correct. And certain Pokemon can die actually, even when some are legendary.

Last edited:

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Death in general is something I do not like.

Even in videogames, it just feels very odd.
In terms of Pokèmon, it doesn't feel out of place.
Given the context of the worlds, it seems entirely plausible, & is an inevitable outcome.

No matter how depressing it may be.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
nope nope nope

Pokemon will always be a children's game, so death will never makes its way into the pokemon games. If you want an element of death in pokemon games, you could always try a nuzlocke run.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
nope nope nope

Pokemon will always be a children's game, so death will never makes its way into the pokemon games. If you want an element of death in pokemon games, you could always try a nuzlocke run.

...or you could visit the Pokemon Tower/House of Memories/Mt Pyre/Lost Tower/Celestial Tower. Every generation has had a Pokemon grave site.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
nope nope nope

Did you forget about the Pokemon mangas? They have Pokemon deaths in those.

I remember where Gastly ressurected zombie Pokemon in the Pokemon Tower in Lavender town. and Red kept sweeping through those zombies. And at one point, Koga sent out his Arbok against Blue's Charmeleon, and Charmeleon used slash to cut Arbok in half.

Back