• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Haven III: The Legacy [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hmm...you have a point there :3

Thilough the thing is...nah there's no question :P the hard part is to be able to think of an idea and not have it look completely lame. Though I'm sure the Pokémon fans will get used to it, but still.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm going with Cryogonal as the Pokemon I like the least as an Ice Type. Basically because its design is definitely not Pokemon material, in my eyes. Then there's Beartic. Who absolutely gross me out in its appearance. Wish they could had done better in design with it. Aside from that, battling and the design of the others I have no dislike over. So that's all I can say about this topic right about now.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hi, I love ice-types so I'd like to join!

Name: rykerr1
W-what do you want from me!?: Recognition of my love of ice-types =P
My buddy Articuno, I'll call you Carl!
Answer the current topic!

What ice-type do you like the least... hmm... I'd probably have to go with Glalie on this one. I like Snorunt, but I've never really understood Glalie's design and it's just weird to me.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Beartic
Cubchoo evolves into such a ugly pokemon ie Beartic
PCP613.png
PCP614.png

btw i don't like Glalie too

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
^ I think Bearctic's a BEAST x3

Imma joinin'

Name: Snowdrop - but call me Skitters!

W-what do you want from me!?: I love the winter season, I love the cold, and I love Ice-Types ^^ Even though Normal is my favorite, Ice comes close.

My buddy is Delibird, I'll call her Poinsettia!
Answer the current topic!

My least favorite Ice-Type is Cryognal. It's hideous.

droomph

weeb
Years
Personally Cryogonal (hth you spell that) is fine to me, though I think the idea of a snowflake is kinda uninspired :c

Though yeah it is kinda weird.

Snowdrop

Years
Another one I'm not so fond of is Glalie, it just looks... quite frightening, actually :S And it has a constant angry face, like what are you so mad about you're a floating ice ball xD It's just creepy. Not the biggest fan of Froslass either but she beats Glalie by far.

droomph

weeb
Years
And not only that, but Snorunt was sooooo cute :c

But yeah. Very weird and creepy. Froslass isn't very good either, but it sure beats that ball of ice.

So enough of the negativity, eh?

What ice-type move is your favorite, functionally and aesthetically?

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
So enough of the negativity, eh?

I love Ice Beam. Functionally, it's a really good move. But, more importantly, I think it looks really cool, ESPECIALLY in Colosseum/XD (dont know about Battle Revolution since I've never played it) where it both looks and sounds cool IMO.

I'm also a huge fan of Ice Punch, mostly because it makes Weavile (one of my favorites) awesome ^.^

Snowdrop

Years
I love Ice Beam. Functionally, it's a really good move. But, more importantly, I think it looks really cool, ESPECIALLY in Colosseum/XD

^ Le this. Aesthetically, Aurora Beam and Ice Beam look beautiful, but I like Blizzard as well because of it's sheer power even if it's inaccurate :C I love lots of ice type moves, but my favorite is probably Ice Beam.

As far as Pokemon Myst. Dungeon goes, Powder Snow is probably the strongest of these. Literally just wipe out everyone on the floor if your strong enough, and beating a Powder Snow-abusing Articuno with a Grass Type was fun fun fun

droomph

weeb
Years
Hmmmm what move do I like? Personally frost bite (or with it was), since you get a critical hit every single time. Though in reality it's weak it's just fun.

But I also appreciate Ice Beam being there, especially Drayden is one hard mofo to beat without it.

Snowdrop

Years
Guys. Guys look what I found on Tumblr... it's so perfect 8D

tumblr_m7ybuaTuEd1qjcuiko1_250.gif

<3

Anyways, I have a new and possibly kind of stupid topic: What do arctic Pokemon eat in their habitat? xP

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Guys. Guys look what I found on Tumblr... it's so perfect 8D

tumblr_m7ybuaTuEd1qjcuiko1_250.gif

<3

Anyways, I have a new and possibly kind of stupid topic: What do arctic Pokemon eat in their habitat? xP
awesome pic lol :P :P

Ice Beam hands down. Great special attack, 95 base power, 10% chance of freezing, and it has 100 accuracy.
It almost as much power as blizzard and 3 times. I make sure to teach it to any pokemon that can learn it, wether its an ice type or not.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

I think we all pretty much agree Ice Beam is the best Ice type move. :) I know I love using Ice Beam in competitive battling because Ice is super-effective against Dragons, especially Dragonite. However, in Ruby and Sapphire I had a Walrein that knew Sheer Cold. Even though it has a 30% chance of hitting, the 100% guarantee of an OHKO when it does hit makes it a move to watch out for.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ice Beam! It's just a complete classic and looks awesome haha. The damage is great, the freezing chance is wonderful, the accuracy is brilliant, and the idea of a big beam of freezing ice sounds incredible. So that wins for me by far <3 I also admire Blizzard for its huge power but that's about it. I wish there was an Ice type version of Will-o-Wisp though, it'd be great to have an instant freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back