Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2014, 06:59 PM
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to DJTiKi

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taconinja View Post
Tragic events? I wasn't aware the assasination of Bin Laden was tragic for anyone, other than maybe someone related to him or something. I didn't really think that would be a problem.
I meant 9/11 and its context to it. Not a lot of people will apperciate it.

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Links For All The Things:
DJTiKi's Guide To Planning Your Awesome ROM Hack! Planning For Dummies
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things!
A (Very) Short Dictionary To ROM Hacking Lingo!
Old September 17th, 2014, 07:50 PM
PokeHunterBlack

I've put up a thread waiting for it to get approved, it's about mutant pokemon (yeah, it changed a lot from my other idea, from the supernatural hack) but this one has different worlds, time travel 3-5 diferent regions, original characters (aka; Blue, Red, Leaf) as champions of other regions (Blue being my favourite so is the strongest champion and you battle your ancestor (sir Black) who is the meant to be the toughest battle in the game, so i need some help working out the kinks.

I put it up 4 days ago and is has not been approved
Dragons Rule!
My ORAS Team: Sceptile Mega, Salamance Mega, Altaria Mega, Flygon (Mabey mega), Dragonite, Latias/Latios (mabey mega)

My clubs
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 03:48 AM
NotThatOneAgain

It's not impossible to have 3 regions, 4 och even 100. One idea could be that, after you have collected 16 badges, you're told to trace down Team [Insert-Gang-Name-Here], and you do so, fighting their members and attempt to take on the leader. You're about to enter a doorway, when suddenly...

Someone is knocking you unconscious.

You wake up in a dumpster at some unknown area (A huge city in the 3rd region) with NOTHING left. No Pokemon, No items, Nothing. Not even a Pokegear or a Town Map. And your wallet has been robbed, so you have 0 Cash left.

You basically have to start completely from scratch.

From there, you have to search for items which you can sell, so you're able to buy a starter Pokemon from a Dirty Pokemon Lord that sells Pokemon Illegal. Then you're able to continue your new adventure in the third region and finally confront the evil Team that left you there in the first place. When the 3rd and 4th region has been completed, something else will happen again so you will be forced to start from scratch yet again.

By the time you've reached the 100nd region, you will get every Pokemon that was taken away from you, right back. They will sit in your PC.

This is just an idea. But you get what I mean. It's the "GTA of Pokemon" - The Bigger, The Better. The final regions could be entirely free roaming affairs with lots of sidequests, missions and stuff, with super-big maps many houses and forests to explore.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:54 AM
MinccinoZ

To get some creative minds going,you can make a game about being your rival

If you truley hate minccino,copy the licky and this text and paste it in your signature.

Spoiler:
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 03:27 PM
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to DJTiKi
Interestig concept to be a rival, but doesn't that go against being the rival, unless you are forced to lose to the better player. Then if you save the day, then techically it would make the rival the hero in the end.

How about a shift in perspecitve where you experience a Rival's psychi in losing and such?

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Links For All The Things:
DJTiKi's Guide To Planning Your Awesome ROM Hack! Planning For Dummies
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things!
A (Very) Short Dictionary To ROM Hacking Lingo!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:53 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
Interestig concept to be a rival, but doesn't that go against being the rival, unless you are forced to lose to the better player. Then if you save the day, then techically it would make the rival the hero in the end.

How about a shift in perspecitve where you experience a Rival's psychi in losing and such?
To me that doesn't seem like a hugely innovative thing - it's not uncommon in games for you to sometimes lose, sometimes win against your rival or the enemy. Plus the whole 'Rival' term doesn't really work, I mean in the main games you are a rival to your rival. Everyone is a rival.

However, taking the idea of playing the game from a losing side - what if you were one of those 'bad' characters that never get a shot in the limelight. The main rival is normally important, skilled and pretty badass but the other friends tend to be left behind. What if you played as that friend, forever in their friends' shadows?

The game could start off pretty friendly; with you being trained with your friends, hearing about their great stories, being in awe of them. Then a big event would either remove them, their pokemon, or their ability to battle out of the equation leaving you to be the hero. Not exactly ground breaking but it's a rather atypical beginning.

slightly inspired by Sakura in the naru-sasu-saku triangle
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:38 AM
lsmash

I'd like to make a more "competitive" pokemon hack. Since I got that idea a few days ago, I don't have much to offer that would differ from other hacks.
However, here are some things I would change/add so far (I'll surely use a 3rd gen ROM as a base):
Spoiler:
Pokemon dex
Pokemon typings and movepools
Pokemon stats

I'll add more to it, after doing some research.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here