• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Tbh, I always thought this should've been Kyurem :3 There's a rumor that Kyurem has an altered form being released in the future, so if that's true I really hope it gains a Poison typing! Also I reckon a Poison/Ice mix could be interesting too...

TBH, i thought Hydreigon was poison. Not kyurem though. He's not really fit being a poison type.

@Sector: I thought also of that, but how would they design it? A microscopic germ/bacteria/virus seems pretty hard to conceptualize.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
TBH, i thought Hydreigon was poison. Not kyurem though. He's not really fit being a poison type.

@Sector: I thought also of that, but how would they design it? A microscopic germ/bacteria/virus seems pretty hard to conceptualize.
How did they come up with the gooey stuff? LOL

I have no idea, they came up with this ugly Heatran looking fella, they could come up with a germ if they worked on it I'm sure.

Hydreigon as Poison? He looks perfectly Dark to me -_- haha

Honestly? I think the way the typing are, Poison is by far the underrated of them all. Right next to Ice. Rarely ever see anyone use Poison type Pokemon or use it for that reason. (Like Vensaur, advantage-using Grass type, Gengar advantage-using Ghost type, etc)

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hi everyone!! :D I look forward to participating~

Name: Hydro
Partner Pokemon: Tentacruel
Reason for Joining: Although not one of my favourite types, I do like using Poison Pokemon because they generally require strategy, rather than just attacking with what ever move is super effective. That is evident by how Poison Pokemon are only super effective on Grass-type Pokemon, yet there are many Poison-type support moves, such as Toxic and Toxic Spikes.

miltankRancher

Years
Poison could be both a support and lead attacker, of course. Sludge Bomb/Wave are good attacks, though the moves you said are the more commonly used.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I'll join!!!!

Name: gunnerpow7
Partner Pokemon: Vile the Vileplume
Reason for Joining: I like Poison Types because, for one thing, my favorite pokemon are actually here...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to both new members! :)

Hmm, this germ/bacteria legendary sounds interesting... Tbh I reckon it'd just end up looking like an evolved version of Reuniclus? :3 Certainly would be interesting though! I'd quite like to see a new Poison type Pokemon based on poison ivy. Really Snivy could've been this with a few adjustments, but I guess they weren't up for that... :p Maybe it could evolve into a poison oak tree o.o

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I have a sudden urge to want a 'Gas' Pokemon. That's just gas/air-like. Kinda like Gastly in the Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow with no round head. Mmmm

092.png
092.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Name: Xeberos
Partner Pokémon: Drapion
Reason for joining: Poison-type Pokémon are pretty dangerous and lethal and that is pretty cool. :D They have powerful moves and moves has cool animations.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
OMG! Where have you been all my life. O_o

Name; Nagaraja
Partner Pokemon: Naja Naja the Arbok
Why I want to Join: Poison is my favorite type, not to mention Arbok is my favorite pokemon. With Seviper and Ekans at a close second. There are so many awesome poison types.

Years
Name: Xeberos
Partner Pokémon: Drapion
Reason for joining: Poison-type Pokémon are pretty dangerous and lethal and that is pretty cool. :D They have powerful moves and moves has cool animations.

Hi Xebby, you decided to join too?

Drapion is such a cool Pokemon, I mean Paul's Drapion in the anime was tough.

OMG! Where have you been all my life. O_o

Name; Nagaraja
Partner Pokemon: Naja Naja the Arbok
Why I want to Join: Poison is my favorite type, not to mention Arbok is my favorite pokemon. With Seviper and Ekans at a close second. There are so many awesome poison types.

Hi Nagaraja!

Given your love of Jessie from Team Rocket, no wonder why you chose Arbok (cos Jessie actually used one in the anime).

Welcome to both of you and we will continue the love of Poison Pokemon.

Last edited:

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Poison could be both a support and lead attacker, of course. Sludge Bomb/Wave are good attacks, though the moves you said are the more commonly used.
Yeh definitely, I totally agree with your post. It's just unfortunate that some singular-typed Poison Pokemon are at a disadvantage when it comes to STAB coverage.

Thanks, Alex~. It's a pleasure to meet you. :3

On-topic: Hmmm I'd like to see a Poison/Dragon type Pokemon being viable one day. Those who have played Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door would know of Gloomtail, a dragon who can induce poison with his breath. A similar concept in the Pokemon world would be nice, in my opinion. :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
On-topic: Hmmm I'd like to see a Poison/Dragon type Pokemon being viable one day. Those who have played Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door would know of Gloomtail, a dragon who can induce poison with his breath. A similar concept in the Pokemon world would be nice, in my opinion. :)
Ahh the good 'ol Paper Mario franchise. Honestly were my favorite games of all time

Gloomtail? I thought it was Hooktail? Oh well..probably called both ways but in case most don't know what this Dragon looks like (Good observation Hydro Pumper):
Spoiler:
so a fat Poison/Dragon type? Sounds unique.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Thanks~! :) But yeh in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door there are actually three dragons- Hooktail (the one you posted), Gloomtail and Bonetail. XD Gloomtail is Hooktail's older brother and is encountered towards the end of the game (whilst Hooktail is a boss fairly early in the game~).

Gloomtail.PNG

Anyway Gloomtail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki.

In the Pokemon world a Poison / Dragon type would probably have decent offensive stats from both sides of attack. Like some of the other offensive-inclined Poison-types, I guess it would have mediocre defences. I'd like to see it as the next Pseudo Legendary (600 base stat total, three stage evolution line, etc). :3 As for its concept/origin I have no clue XD.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Thanks~! :) But yeh in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door there are actually three dragons- Hooktail (the one you posted), Gloomtail and Bonetail. XD Gloomtail is Hooktail's older brother and is encountered towards the end of the game (whilst Hooktail is a boss fairly early in the game~).

Gloomtail.PNG

Anyway Hooktail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki.

In the Pokemon world a Poison / Dragon type would probably have decent offensive stats from both sides of attack. Like some of the other offensive-inclined Poison-types, I guess it would have mediocre defences. I'd like to see it as the next Pseudo Legendary (600 base stat total, three stage evolution line, etc). :3 As for its concept/origin I have no clue XD.
Ahh it's been so long since I played this, I don't even remember there being 3 Dragons :(

Oh yeah, I'm sure they will have another Dragon Pseudo Legendary when 6 Generation comes along. They seem to keep bringing in more and more. I'd be interesting to see how much newly form 'Poison' Pokemon they can bring in.

I think they should bring in more spiders (I know..yuck). I can only think of two right off the top of my head, but with all these poisonous spiders out there, I'm a bit disappointed. Galvantula who isn't even Poison type, and we have the lone Poisonous Spider, Ariados.

miltankRancher

Years
welcome all new members! :) nice to see you all around here. :)

Ariados is a lame excuse for a spider. I mean, yes, spiders are poisonous and such, but they are not that weak. Galavantula is a better one. I hoped they make it Electric/Poison.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
welcome all new members! :) nice to see you all around here. :)

Ariados is a lame excuse for a spider. I mean, yes, spiders are poisonous and such, but they are not that weak. Galavantula is a better one. I hoped they make it Electric/Poison.
Lame Spider is better than no poisonous spider? I never focused to much on Ariados personally but...it has been a disappointing Pokemon to say at the least.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Gloomtail.PNG

Anyway Hooktail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki.

This is actually a really interesting idea, one that I could easily imagine becoming a reality, as it doesn't seem out of character for Nintendo to do such a thing, though it would probably not be based on Gloomtail, if they were to include such a Pokémon. I like the idea of it being a pseudo-legendary, though I'd rather see it as a legendary, as it just seems more fit for that type of Pokémon. Either way, I'd back up this idea 100%, as it's a really good idea and because I'm frankly too lazy to try thinking of a new kind of Poison type Pokémon rn. I probably couldn't even make up an interesting Pokémon in general even if my life depended on it >_<

Last edited:

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Aww thanks, Olli. :3 I wouldn't mind a Dragon/Poison Pokemon being a legendary Pokemon either, as long as we have a Dragon/Poison Pokemon, I'd be happy.

When I said this earlier:
"Anyway Hooktail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki."
I was meant to write Gloomtail there, not Hooktail. >.<

Another idea: perhaps a stingray Pokemon, so Water/Poison. We only have Tentacool and Tentacruel with that type combination, so I'm sure there is a lot of potential to develop another Water/Poison Pokemon. There is only one mantaray originated Pokemon too, being Mantine which is Water/Flying, with no Poison-type traits at all. :)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Another Water/Poison would be pretty good. The Poison/Dragon is also like what everyone wants to see, but I actually want to see a Steel/Poison Pokemon. I've been wondering how that would work out for a couple days. Maybe it'll be some rust monster, but I don't know.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Hmm, the Gloomtail idea is pretty interesting... I can imagine that as a Pokemon, but I reckon it'd have to look more threatening etc to become a legendary, or even a powerful dragon - especially if it's affiliated with ideas such as poison and death. And ice/poison type could be interesting too, what do you think that'd look like? :3 All I can think of right now is a Dusk Stone evolution of Vanillite xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back