• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I... like to get up a few hours before leaving for some place, but when I was in school, I was up at 7 and out the door by 7:30. I was a master of getting ready in a hurry, shower and all.

So they're just "anti-pop". Ask them if the like ABBA or Michael Jackson. :P

You're not the only one. But I don't dabble in rap too much anymore.

What the heck is cuddle core.

Michael Jackson probably, ABBA nooooo.

I love ABBA though!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Wait,what the hell is cuddle core? lmao
The most sickeningly sweet genre you will ever listen to, capable of enlightening your soul or driving you into a pit of despair from which few have ever returned.

s'good stuff. (mostly)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
The most sickeningly sweet genre you will ever listen to, capable of enlightening your soul or driving you into a pit of despair from which few have ever returned.

s'good stuff. (mostly)

So tempted to go google it but I think this is something you're gonna have to introduce me to...who's a good artist in the genre?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I think sickeningly sweet I think like...The Egg Song.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I'm not sure why multi-quote isn't working for me so you'll have to make do with the one.

Beyonce > Mariah Carey any day of the week.

Man I wish I was on as much drugs as you right now.

Nah, I really do like Beyonce and I think she's the definitive diva and performer of our generation. Mariah Carey has a much more well established career though. Carey also has without a doubt the most technically sound female voice in the entire business and she hit five octaves and is just generally amazing.

Also Tyler, The Creator is a pathetic **** excuse for a human being and I will judge you if you like his music because he's that awful. I've never felt more personally uncomfortable listening to music than with his songs.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
So tempted to go google it but I think this is something you're gonna have to introduce me to...who's a good artist in the genre?

These guys are my favorite. There's no specific sound to the genre, it's mostly just "hey, this song is stupid cute and or the band has a name like bunnygrunt" and stuff.

This is also pretty nice. It's not the most substantive music you'll ever find, but it's got its charm.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I looked at one and...did not like it. :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I looked at one and...did not like it. :(

Haha, yeah it's definitely an acquired taste. One of these days, I need to find the song that introduced me to the genre. The music video for it is so hilarious, basically just a sad robot walking around while the lyrics tell you how sad he is.

Years
Michael Jackson probably, ABBA nooooo.

I love ABBA though!

Well, they like pop music then! Though Michael Jackson's earlier solo music is distinctively R&B as opposed to pop, which is what his later stuff became.

These guys are my favorite. There's no specific sound to the genre, it's mostly just "hey, this song is stupid cute and or the band has a name like bunnygrunt" and stuff.

This is also pretty nice. It's not the most substantive music you'll ever find, but it's got its charm.

...I think I've heard some of that stuff before.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@Ryoutarou: Hahahaha I'm actually digging this. I can see its charm

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's different because Michael Jackson is good pop and everything else is bad pop.

Sir Codin

Michael Jackson's the only pop artist I don't completely hate. Thriller and Bad are fantastic albums, especially for pop music.

And the only rap groups that haven't earned my ire are The Beastie Boys and The Roots. Immortal Technique is decent, I guess.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Ah, Michael Jackson! One of the best artists I've ever known. His works are what I call music, unlike the 'music' these days. I grew up listening to him and I still listen to him today. :')

Sir Codin

Take a look at my avi, then take one wild guess what I normally listen to. However, other genres I occasionally break into are regular rock (usually progressive/classic hard rock), hardcore punk, downtempo, classical (especially organ symphonies), some really lounge electronic like Amon Tobin, etc., and video game soundtracks.

I was also listening to some Indian classical music last night, mostly Ravi Shankar; very soothing.

Here's what I'm listening to right now:

Nice space music.

Sir Codin

Like I said, Thriller and Bad are fantastic albums. Get 'em.

Also, on a music related note:

Spoiler:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
There's a reason why MJ is called the King of Pop. My favorite pop artist, bar none.

I'm really excited! Just ordered a small game package with Pokémon Black and Black 2. It will take a while to arrive, but it's all good. I heard they run better on the DSi because they use the DSi higher clock frequency, but I also got them because my wifi connection is WPA and 5th gen is the only generation compatible with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back