• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Welcome Cora! :D (Love that we're getting so many new people lately.)

I like both boys and girls but more into it when girls are more like the boys and boys are like the girls. Not sure if that makes much sense. Guess i'm odd.
Nah, that's not weird at all. I'm more or less the same way, and I know of at least one other person in the club who is.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
Hello all, again.
I have some thing to ask you guys. Back in Febuary I was going in a phase and really wasn't acting myself. I feel really regretful and all. You all where my friends when that was going down, so is it normal for this kind of stuff to go down?

Also, North Carolina politicans suck. >.>

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hello all, again.
I have some thing to ask you guys. Back in Febuary I was going in a phase and really wasn't acting myself. I feel really regretful and all. You all where my friends when that was going down, so is it normal for this kind of stuff to go down?

Also, North Carolina politicans suck. >.>
I think you were just too quick to jump on the bandwagon, once you saw how much support you were getting for it here. I wanted to say something at the time, but never did because I figured I'd end up offending someone. =/ (And I figured you obviously knew more about yourself than I did.)

I kinda did the same thing though, and came out to my mom as gay after only like a month, and eventually realized that I was actually bi. Now, both of my parents think I'm Gay... not sure what's gonna happen if I ever bring a girl home. rofl

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Normal is overrated, TwiDragon. It's never happened to me, so I can't say with any degree of certainty that it's 'normal' or 'abnormal' to go through phases where you think you're transgendered... but if I had to guess I'd say it is. I mean, it has to be a confusing thought for any young person to wonder if you were born in the right body. In any case, you have nothing to feel regretful about. We're here to help each other, no matter what the issue :)

TwiDragon

Years
Yeah, that is what I'm worrying about. I kind of jumped the gun to tell everyone, which was my own fault I guess.
I just don't have the same feeling as I did a few months ago. Theres no way I can say I'm "trans" or any part of the area. I'm pansexual still, but I seem to still be attracted to femminity, and girls in general.

Years
I think it's normal enough to think things like that, like you might be trans or genderqueer or just to have questions. I know a few girls and one says she regularly has dreams where she's a guy and another who says she's always felt very boyish. It might feel a little embarrassing to have to reevaluate the stance you took, but that's nothing that matters. You learned more about who you are and that's gonna outweigh whatever else might come as a consequence.

I'm not saying we have to have gay right before anything, I'm saying it's a logical step in a direction that will ultimately make it easier for trans people to gain similar rights. After all, if gay marriage is permitted then all trans people can get married, no? It's a step in a right direction.

Also I have no idea what your analogy has in relation to it.
What Andy said is sort of what I was trying to say:

@Scarf/Swiftsign - here's the way I see it. There are two ways people fight for equal rights: there is the way SwiftSign fights, which is essentially a results-based strategy where we do what needs to be done to get the rights for everybody as quickly as we can. This is my attitude as well; I can see that society is only just becoming OK with gay people and I can see things happening which will in the end result in everybody getting equal rights (including trans people, since the rights gay people get could only logically be extrapolated to them). The good part about this type of fighting is that it's safe. We're not rocking the boat; we're doing what we have to do and it's fairly likely that one way or the other, in the end it's going to run smoothly. The bad part about it is that it could be seen as 'settling' for less than the community as a whole deserves because while everybody shares in the equal rights, it's only the gay people that get to experience the shift in public attitude that comes along with it.

Then there's Scarf's way, which basically refuses to settle. It's a more indignant and aggressive approach which refuses to take anybody's crap and doesn't leave anybody behind. It's arguably the better and more noble way to think because after all, we all deserve equality and why should we have to follow what society thinks is right in order to achieve what is actually right? But the downside to it is that it is way more risky because if we come on too strong to the general public then we run the risk of alienating them, because trying to change their attitudes toward everything at once is more likely to spook them and get them off our side. In the end it's a choice between reality and idealism. Not everybody is willing to be enough of a risk-taker to adopt the ideal.
To clarify: this isn't entirely how I feel all the time. For sure it's how I feel when I get the sense that someone is saying something like "trans rights will follow in the wake of gay rights" because I don't think they necessarily will and I can see lots of trans issues being taken care of fairly easily if only we had the media presence/outreach that gay people have.

What I really feel is that we should be pushing further than we're comfortable with. We should be asking for everything wee deserve and then some. There's always going to be compromise with rights because close minded people are idiots. I think it's better to start from a more "extreme" place, like bargaining. It's like if you're haggling over the price of something. You say $100 and they say $200 and you'll probably end up around $150, but you don't make your first offer at $150.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
We don't need to go inventing new words. 'Husband' and 'wife' are what we should be called, because when you get married that's what you become. It's as simple as that. The reason we can't have different words is because that implies a separation between homosexual and heterosexual couples - and separate is not equal. Different words come with different connotations. If we allow society to believe that we are different in any way from just any regular hetero couple, then we might as well just call the whole thing off, because what was it all for? We are fighting for marriage, not a separate quarantined version for marriage.
This is my stance on the issue. It puzzles me that anyone would agree with Volt's mother. xD No offense of course.

Oh my bad. Not sure what I am. But I did recently bleach my hair due to hating the color and style it was before. I have been wearing unisex shirts and girl pants for over a year since boy pants just seem ugh.... I like both boys and girls but more into it when girls are more like the boys and boys are like the girls. Not sure if that makes much sense. Guess i'm odd.
I wear unisex shirts and girl pants as well. And I also am attracted to androgyny, girly boys and dykey girls. You are not alone. ^^ It's complicated, but I consider myself both (MTF) transsexual or gender fluid, and demisexual and pansexual. But that's what this club is for--finding your right. Or at least I think it is, at least for people who are new to this community. xD

And of course, welcome to the club! :D Here's your new member crown:
img-thing

Enjoy it while it lasts because I'm stealing it back at the end of the day and enjoy the happyfuntime here in the Rainbow Connection!

Hello all, again.
Yes. Very normal. When I first found out I was trans, I acted more girly than I actually was and acted like I wanted or disliked certain things before later I found out I didn't. The difference being I am actually trans. But that's okay, really. Just be whoever you wanna be. ^^
Also to avoid even more quotes all over the place, I'll just say I agree with Scarf as far as what she said about you. o3o

To clarify: this isn't entirely how I feel all the time. For sure it's how I feel when I get the sense that someone is saying something like "trans rights will follow in the wake of gay rights" because I don't think they necessarily will and I can see lots of trans issues being taken care of fairly easily if only we had the media presence/outreach that gay people have.
This is kind of how I feel; I don't think most, or at least a lot, of people who already have their rights are going to go back and help trans people get their rights. I mean let's be honest--there are transphobic LBG-folk, trans-discriminating LGB-folk, and even then LGB-folk who seem to have no idea we exist at all. I know the people in this club aren't like this, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything, because this is the Internet and you're exponentially more likely to find trans people on the Internet, and also here it's easier to communicate and read things people have already said. However, in the real world, most people don't actively support trans people and I don't see how that's going to change once gay people have all their rights in place. I feel they would just go back to their lives.

That's not saying I don't support Andy/SwiftSign's approach to gaining equality--I'm just not at all willing to believe that trans equality will follow immediately behind it.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

This. Is. AMAZING. Just... incredible.

I love the guy behind her's reaction.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
"anus licking causes sepsis, and if antibiotics are not given within half an hour, people perish."
"gay people rarely live past 40"

Oh... my... god. This was the funniest video I have ever seen in my entire life. I want to watch the others but they're all like 15 minutes long each haha. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this did not pass?

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
SUP PEOPLE. I am wanting to join this lovely group. I myself am pansexual; spent a few years being very confused until I realised this (including thinking I was gay before actually realising I was attracted to one of my guy friends; I even did the whole coming out thing to my parents). People assume I'm bisexual but it's rare for me to be attracted to someone just for their looks or having bumps in certain places.

SO HI EVERYONE.

Also that video reminds me of the articles posted by a 'Christian' website who claim that Skyrim makes you want to 'partake in homosexual activities' after you play it. I expect it's already been posted/ discussed here~

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
That video. xDDDD
She really likes saying "perish".
That guy behind her is hilarious. xDDD
HIV is not a fungus. It's a virus. Lmao.
SUP PEOPLE. I am wanting to join this lovely group. I myself am pansexual; spent a few years being very confused until I realised this (including thinking I was gay before actually realising I was attracted to one of my guy friends; I even did the whole coming out thing to my parents). People assume I'm bisexual but it's rare for me to be attracted to someone just for their looks or having bumps in certain places.

SO HI EVERYONE.

Also that video reminds me of the articles posted by a 'Christian' website who claim that Skyrim makes you want to 'partake in homosexual activities' after you play it. I expect it's already been posted/ discussed here~
Welcome, Roku! :D Well, you know the drill. Here's your new member crown.
img-thing

^-^ Enjoy your time here in the Rainbow Connection!, and remember, always stay crunchy! :D
I'm pretty sure Skyrim does make you want to partake in homosexual activities, because I've always wanted to everytime I played it.

I'll try and come up with a funny homophobic video myself. Hmmmm.

Okay this one is really less funny than actually sad and unfortunate, but it's funny too, right? ;; -I feel bad now omg-

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
Looks like a good club to join. You can call me Bel. I'm not an actual girl but like to be called/treated like one? Besides that I like cute stuff and kinda at times go into an emo mode not sure if that is a sexuality thing even though my friend claims emos tend to be gay or bi. TBH I don't think that is true but I could be wrong. I also enjoy poppy music like Carly Jepsen and Victoria Justice. Not into rap or rock. Again not sure if that is just taste or something with sexuality. But yeah I think I'm bi and trans.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
Can I join? ;A; I'm bisexual and live in the deep south (Texas), but I'm still in the closet lol. So it'd be nice to have people to talk to about stuff like this!

Also, I have to add that I currently have the biggest crush on Jenna Talackova. <3 She's such a wonderful woman and I'm so happy with what she's doing for the trans* community.

TwiDragon

Years
Yeah, thanks guys; I feel a bit better about that. It was an experience, and I have had friends who had gone through phases where they thought they where either bisexual, or straight out "gay".

One thing that has been making me a bit aggravated is that friends online are kind of bringing this up, and even using this against me in some cases. I know there online and all, but people you know; are still people you know.

Also, you two above me. Welcome and such.
Here is your cake, but I kind of ate it....... >.>

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
Oh wow the new member flood gates have opened. xD
Looks like a good club to join. You can call me Bel. I'm not an actual girl but like to be called/treated like one? Besides that I like cute stuff and kinda at times go into an emo mode not sure if that is a sexuality thing even though my friend claims emos tend to be gay or bi. TBH I don't think that is true but I could be wrong. I also enjoy poppy music like Carly Jepsen and Victoria Justice. Not into rap or rock. Again not sure if that is just taste or something with sexuality. But yeah I think I'm bi and trans.
Welcome welcome! :) Those things you mentioned don't have anything to do with sexuality--just taste. But it's nice to have so many new people! :D
Here is your new member crown!
img-thing

Can I join? ;A; I'm bisexual and live in the deep south (Texas), but I'm still in the closet lol. So it'd be nice to have people to talk to about stuff like this!

Also, I have to add that I currently have the biggest crush on Jenna Talackova. <3 She's such a wonderful woman and I'm so happy with what she's doing for the trans* community.
Welcome to you as well! Unfortunately I'm out of new member crowns right now (someone didn't give theirs back yesterday >.>) so you'll just have to share with Bel! Play nice, you two! o3o

One thing that has been making me a bit aggravated is that friends online are kind of bringing this up, and even using this against me in some cases. I know there online and all, but people you know; are still people you know.
Don't worry about it. You are who you are and there's nothing you or they can do about it. Bygones are bygones. Just think of that phase as just another adventure in life. :D For instance, once I was playing football in school and I broke my wrist and had to have surgery to have pins put in it so the bone could grow back properly. Now I look back on it as a fond memory because that was the first time I ever had surgery, and even though it suuuuucked not being able to write for a while, I'll admit I enjoyed the surgery itself.
. . . Not really sure where I was going with that, but yes! ADVENTURE! :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, thanks guys; I feel a bit better about that. It was an experience, and I have had friends who had gone through phases where they thought they where either bisexual, or straight out "gay".

Also, you two above me. Welcome and such.
Here is your cake, but I kind of ate it....... >.>

That just confuses me. Would they rather you just pretend to be someone you're not so they can feel comfortable that they can pigeonhole who you are? I mean, it's not like you knew and were messing with them for fun, so it's not your fault. They're being illogical.

TwiDragon

Years
Allright, thanks guys.

Now I may be getting the wrong message in return; but I'd just like to clarify. I was going through a phase where I thought I was trans back in February, but that wasn't me. xD

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome to Rokusasu, PokeBelGirl and Space Cowboy! :D

PokeBelGirl said:
my friend claims emos tend to be gay or bi.
You know people will claim this is a stereotype, but in my experience I've also found this to be incredibly true lmao. To this day I don't think I've ever met a male emo who was straight. Just putting that out there.

Space Cowboy said:
I'm bisexual and live in the deep south (Texas)
I always did fancy me a Southern boy...
Oh you're a girl nvm

Also CWP, fix yo link.

Back