• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the hardest ROM hack that you ever played?

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
RD LoG was the toughest, the double battle at the end jesus christ that was difficult. Dark Rising was tough as well, but Umbreon and Victini basically ruined everything together for that game (given Zen Headbutt flinched every time, and Umbreon's ability screwed over Dark Lugia).

Snakewood level jumps made it crazily difficult.

Light Platinum was easy as hell, same for flora sky. Fire red omega was a little more challenging, but not on the level of LoG/Snakewood/DarkRising.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
SkyLine and Life of Guardians are the hardest hack I played.
Well, it's not too hard, I can still play them without rage-quit. xD

Years
Light Platinum or SnakeWood,I dont Frikin' know both are so hard in Light Platinum I was stuck in the Desert Town (I forgot the name of the town) and in Snakewood the part where you first fight a Demon in the Forest.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
The first ever (and the only) hacked game I ever played was Pokemon Quartz, a hack of Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby. It was pretty hard, and the memories are now just blurs because I was so young when I played it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Dark Rising was very difficult
I remember fainting at the beginning a lot because they raise the levels so quickly

Years
I thought Light Platinum was quite hard, but then again I did have a full party by the 2 Gym - LOTS OF GRINDING!

I played through Dark Rising - it was hard. But I restarted the game, and grind a lot at the beginning to get a head start.

Fire Red Omega wasn't that hard, compared to others

Glazed is annoying, but not hard, because of the level gaps.

Probably Light Platinum because its the hack that I've played the farthest through. :P

light platinum was very easy bro!! but speaking of elite 4? its hard

dark rising for me and victory fire for me. i quit dark rising because its hard! XD but i got stuck on the 3rd gym leader of pokemon victory fire... it was freakin hard! light platinum was easy but not with the elite 4... their elite 4 was hard but i tried to beat it

Last edited by a moderator:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
For me it was rijionAdventuresX that I think Disturbed did. Man that was ridiculous!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 2, 2021
Pokemon Dark Rising was extremely hard to beat because of the maxed EV legendaries that the E4 had. >.<

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I didn't play a lot of rom hacks, but the hardest I played was PureWhite. I loved all the changes they did!! (they kept the same map, ut they changes the pokemon you can catch and the pokemon the gym leader has. They made the game a lot more difficult!!)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Pokemon Sovereign of the skies is insanly hard, had to do training every single gym.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2015
Pokemon Dark rising was the hardest hack for me
cause you had to grind so much that your pokemon level would go up than that of your
badge level. and then your pokemon wouldn't obey you!

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
for me is dark rising. level curve rose very quick and have to grind for enough level

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2021
Dark Rising is the hardest!!!

Back