• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you believe Game Freak should do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Save the R/S remakes for Gen VI. Fan speculation be true, the first new Pokemon would be unveiled summer 2013 at the latest, but the same happened with Munchlax, and D/P came out two years later.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'd have to agree with Aeon. Although Hoenn is my favorite region, I think if they have enough time to think about changing some storyline, adding better gameplay, maybe new formes, etc. That it'll become the best remake ever. Title belongs to HG/SS so far I think.

ExMedic

Don't trust me
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Well, of course, it'd be nice to see a R/S/E remake before they progress onto another generation. Not only that, but based on GameFreaks model for New Gen Vs. Remake, it's probably going to happen.

Not only that, but that extra time spend remaking the game is also going to give them time to think out the new generation. Understandably, remaking a game isn't going to be a walk in the park, but, surely it's easier than a new generation. They don't have to design new pokemon, already have a range of locations to use and a viable story to draw from.

GameFreak should do the remake. People have been showing interest in a R/S/E remake since Black and white were released - speculation probably started when the G/S/C remakes were announced. They'd make money off it, and it'd be less effort than having to start from scratch on a new generation.

Years
Gen 4? Worst Gen Ever? I think that title belongs to either Gen 3, due to the whole borderline between the fanbase, or Gen 5, due to the controversy regarding GF's unpredictibility. Besides, Gen 4 brought forth necessary evolutions and gave us the new physical/special mechanic.

That said, GF would start working on Gen 6, but it'll take a while for the company to give us the games for the 3DS, so it won't be out next year as everyone is expecting it to be. A R/S/E remake is more popular choice, but how are they going to incorperate its story given how Emerald is considered to be canon, so they can't use Ruby and Sapphire's story where one team is the villain and vice versa. Then again, a year without a main Pokemon game would be a good thing, as it would GF enough time to create a wonderful next-gen game that'll hopefully surpass Gen 2's popularity and Gen 1's sales.
yh im not saying that Gen 4 sucks, i love gen 4 if anything i played it more than gen 3 but tbf it was mainly the pokemon fanbase who was saying that gen 4 is the worst gen that got me towards gen 3, dont get me wrong i did a diamond playthrough a couple of months ago and i loved it. Im just saying the general fanbase say that gen 4 is the worst

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
What I think they will do next is a R/S Remake followed closely by the announcement of Gen-VI, with some Gen VI pokemon reveals.

What I want to see: :cool:

~ 3D version for the PC (long shot) or Wii/Wii-U:
NOT a game like colosseum or stadium. An actual adventure RPG game like the Gameboy/DS titles.

~An Eeveelution that can FLY dammit:
Wanted to do an all Eevee team for a while but the lack of flying capability puts me off, switching one out to fly everywhere irritates me, as does excessive walking. But Eeveelutions for every type would be awesome.

~Less "new" species of Pokemon:
We have enough as is! If I'm honest, I dislike the design of about 90% of the Gen-V Pokemon. Less legendary pokemon too! there's more and more each gen, eventually there'll be a game that is nothing BUT legendaries. instead.....................

~Expand on existing Pokemon:
Give some older Pokemon new evolutions. I always wanted Pinsir to evolve. Scyther got a bug/steel evolution when steel and dark were introduced. Pinsir should have gotten a bug/dark one to follow suit.
Other Pokemon that perhaps could evolve:
Torkoal, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Jynx, Pinsir, Delibird..........and so on.......
Just as long as they don't end up looking ugly or stupid, yes I'm looking at you Magnezone/Probopass!

~A new story:
Something a bit different from the typical - 8 gyms + rival + elite 4 + crappy bad guy team. Maybe even having the 8 badges beginning after your pokemon are lvl50+, like in HG/SS where after you defeat Lance you go on to collect the extra 8 badges. But instead of facing the elite 4, have it defeating the leader of "Team [insert name]"

"Wow I cannot believe you defeated "X"! now that you are so experienced as a trainer you should take the "Y" region gym challenge. The gym leaders of the "Y" region are unlike any other, they are very skilled and powerful trainers. Once you defeat all 8 of them them and collect their badges you will really be able to test your skill against our "Y" region's very own Elite 4!"

~More diverse trainers/battles:
-It's always bothered me seeing trainers will dodgy teams. A fisherman carrying a whole team of Magikarp, or a Bug Catcher with a team of weedles/caterpies. There's 649 pokemon now, why do they have a team of the same thing?
-Stop the bad guys using the same Pokemon/type all the time, Team Rocket pretty much all had Rattata, Zubat, Koffing, Ekans. For a group that steals Pokemon they sure do steal crap.
-Gym Leaders, The Elite 4, and top bad guys should all have 6 Pokemon and should have mixed type teams.

~Get rid of Triple/Rotation Battles:
Double battles are fine, Triple and Rotation just feel gimmicky to me. Keep things simple.

~Veteran Modes:
An option for NO TUTORIALS!! I've been playing since RBY If I don't know how to catch a Pokemon by now, I never will.
Hard mode: Increased trainer Pokemon levels, Wild Pokemon stay the same, Items cost more, battle handicaps which increase your prize money.

Just a few things I want to see :)

Years
You know what the part that mainly got me was the new story, i hear a lot of fans say they should change the gyms needed or make the elite 4 different but one i think they should really do is a moral system where your opinions may change how people view you in the game but mostly i see it in like in gen 3 how their is two different teams (aqua and magma) and what they could do is to be able to like either choose sides or be neutral toward the clash depending on the story events. I always thought that concept may be interesting

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I don't really like pokemon in PC, I think they should be sent to the regional proffessor and you can come back and play mini-games with them, the graphics would be very good as well....

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I want them to not make any more Eevees or a RSE Remake.

Also, Gamefreak, make the games more challenging again plz. BW and BW2 were fantastic, but they were just pushovers.

Gryphon Pokemon would make me love Gamefreak 5ever.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Generation VI seems to be next. :) Closing this now since there's a forum for the new games, so go and feast your eyes on all the goodness, dears!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back