• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I dont know what causes this problem,but its happened before. I go into the house and a couple tiles mess up and have part of the door animation on it as in the picture below.How do I fix this?

Pokemon-hackyellowfun-Copy2_01.png

Well, move the glitchy blocks to somewhere else in the tileset and your problem is fixed :P

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
is it possible to add more than 26 pokemon in the game
so to have Kanto,Jhoto,Hohen,sinnoh,and more for a total of 500 in a fire red hack?

Yes, but it is probably not something you'd want to do; far too much time. You'd have to repoint a ton of things, like cry, moveset table, the locations of the sprites.. plus, you have to know how to work a hex editor, which most new hackers don't know how to really do. So, for now, I'd stick with the 411 (386 + 25 extra slots) slots that you already have.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Yes, but it is probably not something you'd want to do; far too much time. You'd have to repoint a ton of things, like cry, moveset table, the locations of the sprites.. plus, you have to know how to work a hex editor, which most new hackers don't know how to really do. So, for now, I'd stick with the 411 (386 + 25 extra slots) slots that you already have.
can anyone make a tut for adding more that 25 pokemons?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
can anyone make a tut for adding more that 25 pokemons?

That's not something that someone should make a tutorial about. For someone to basically be, uh, qualified to do that, they'd really have to know enough about hacking to figure it out themselves. It's not something where you just decide "Hey, I want to have 26 new Pokémon in my hack!" It'll take up a lot of space, and you'll have to recognize the limitations that those things set upon your hack.

I fixed it,but i had to move he tiles in the actual tileset,like when you go to edit it in paint.

That is the actual tileset. What I presume you were thinking was the tileset is actually just the blocks (sorry, I forgot the actual name, but this should do :3), where you put together tiles to map with. The placement of those have no relevant meaning, except for if you import a map.

Jennville!

Once Upon a Dyke.
Years
I know this has probably been asked.
But I started my Pokemon Leaf Green again because when I use the code for a Mew is disobays me, and loafs around. So I want to catch my own so I can have it and will obay me. However I can't get the Code working for TM's/HM's It says something about swapping them.

Can someone help me out?

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i dont kno if anyone noticed but a while back i saw some tools and it was referenced to nintendo it had a nintendo logo and it was a pdf file i think has anyone else noticed this? i cant seem to find it anymore though :'(

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
i dont kno if anyone noticed but a while back i saw some tools and it was referenced to nintendo it had a lgo and it was a pdf file i think has anyone else noticed this? i cant seem to find it anymore though :'(

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but I don't think I have.

BliT

Pikachu Fan!
Years
How can you put headers on new maps on AM?
Like I just created a new map.
But I cant edit the music played or the name of the town.
Respond please TYVM

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
is it possible to add more than 26 pokemon in the game
so to have Kanto,Jhoto,Hohen,sinnoh,and more for a total of 500 in a fire red hack?

Yes, with a lot of ASM.

I've got a question:
How does a .bak file work?

It does not "work". It's just a backup copy of a ROM (or whatever). It's an exact copy renamed to .bak.

Are you sure that you've unzipped the ROMs? If you have, you may have a bad ROM. Try another one, and see if it works.

VisualBoyAdvance supports zipped ROMs without problems.

I just need to ask two questions.
Is it possible to edit the oldman event that teaches you to catch pokemon.Like change his name.?

Changing the name is as easy as editing any other text in the game. Anything else, like changing the Pokémon he catches will require ASM.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Changing the name is as easy as editing any other text in the game. Anything else, like changing the Pokémon he catches will require ASM.

Where can you edit the text,would it be in advance text?

BliT

Pikachu Fan!
Years
Lol Mew sorry to be stubborn but you answered like 5 questions and none of them were mine :O

(Sorry off topic)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is thier a similar tool as pokepic that works for fire red? Because as far I know, pokepic only works for R/S

Why using PokéPic in first place? No, just use unLZ-GBA.

Lol Mew sorry to be stubborn but you answered like 5 questions and none of them were mine :O

No one is actually forced to answer anything at all. People do just because they want to. Besides, I couldn't understand your question very much.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
What is a good hex editor for me to hack a Ruby ROM with (preferably free)?

Does anybody have links to download said editor by any chance?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Does anyone know the location Pokemon Hold Item data in the RAM?
I have been looking for it for a while and cant seem to find it, even when using the cheat searcher in VBA...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Does anyone know the location Pokemon Hold Item data in the RAM?
I have been looking for it for a while and cant seem to find it, even when using the cheat searcher in VBA...

Search for Cheat won't be useful as such data is encrypted. The Pokémon party data starts at 0x02024284 - FireRed.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
For example, though I prefer using a hex editor for text editing as A-Text is buggy and can screw up things sometimes.

Then do you know where the icons of the pokemon and thier non-shiny backspirtes?When i search for them beween 644~13?? I only find the frontsprite and the backspirte of the shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back