• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a guide on holographics?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Like something that could show me all the holographic Pokémon cards in existence. I am planning on going after/getting the original Generation I cards of the legendaries (Mewtwo, legendary birds, etc.) first. I didn't realize until searching as to how many non-legendary cards are in holographic form, making my "journey" somewhat more complicated. That's why I am asking if there is some kind of guide or such that can show me how many holographics there are so I can narrow my search. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Each set has certain holos in it. Google Base set pokemon. Bulbapedia is a good source.

Years
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Base_Set

^ From that page, you should be able to get to just about every single English set list to find out just about every main set holofoil rare.

Will you also be looking to collect secret rares and ultra rares when you get to sets that have the ultra and secret rares? And will you be collecting reverse holo cards? And what about alternate foil prints?

There are quite a large number of cards that have holofoil of any kind on them.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Base_Set

^ From that page, you should be able to get to just about every single English set list to find out just about every main set holofoil rare.

Will you also be looking to collect secret rares and ultra rares when you get to sets that have the ultra and secret rares? And will you be collecting reverse holo cards? And what about alternate foil prints?

There are quite a large number of cards that have holofoil of any kind on them.

I'm mostly seeking the ones that just have the holographic part in with the picture, like alot of the Generation I cards. Articuno, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia and Ho-Oh are the ones I want currently.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
The neo ho oh and lugia are expensive. Im lucky to have the lugia, plan on getting the ho oh eventually.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
The neo ho oh and lugia are expensive. Im lucky to have the lugia, plan on getting the ho oh eventually.

I regret not getting the Lugia one when the mall back home had those booths where they'd be selling alot of different products. One guy was selling cards and I saw a Lugia card that was holographic and I didn't think much of it then and never got it. I hope I didn't make the guy too upset by passing up on it, because I sure am. I was going through a Digimon phase then and had already spent my allowance on a Digimon figure.

Back