• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
A quadruple battle?? No thank you! It'll make things very complicated and will most probably lag the entire gameplay. Triple battles are where I think it should stop at. So I shall say no to quadruple battles until someone can prove that it won't make things more complex. :/

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Maybe if this game is a possible genetics theme, there can be pokemon whose 'molecules' are scrambled, and their genetic coding becomes out of wack, so there might be some interesting dual types, liiiiike types as you said, pokemon that have dual types that conflict with each other like Fire/Water, or maybe Flying/Ground.

That sounds unbelievably interesting ;o
Pokemon with screwed up DNA, I love it <3 <3 Maybe they'll finally introduce Pokemon fusion :3 (I hope not).

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
I was thinking, maybe not even that. Maybe there could be some 2 headed thing that could be both fire and water without actually conflicting...or something.
So, aditional evolution methods? We've had them in the past.
1st gen basis of evolution
2nd gen trading with an item, not sure if that was new, but I think so. At any rate day and night happiness evolutions were new for sure, and actually regular happiness evolutions might have been new too since I'm not even sure happiness existed in first gen.
3rd gen: erm. Maybe my theory is broken here. I actually don't think there was a new evolution method.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway... Sinnoh.
4th gen: Area based evolutions, and also evolutions based on team members (mantyke's evolution.
5th gen: We have the trade with a spesific other Pokémon method.
I'm not sure if there was any other new evo methods introduced, I've forgotten now.
So, if any, what kind of new evolution methods do you think may be added?
Something that would be really really annoying would be regional evolution. For the Pokémon to evolve, it has to be traded with a person from another country. This takes away the ability to trade with yourself. And it just seems like the annoying thing game freak would do. As annoying as this would be, I am actually not apposed to it. It would be interesting to have to work that hard for an evolution. I'm not saying this for tons of Pokémon, but maybe just for 1 spesific Pokémon, or perhaps 2 at most.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've been waiting on Fire/Water for a looooong time. Fire/anything really. I want Fire/Ice really bad too. I just think it'd be so neat.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Well you guys are right, according to Bulbapedia, Kyogre is in fact based off Leviathan, which honestly makes no sense as it doesn't look like Leviathan(which is serpent like according to its myths of origin), nor acts likes it(destroying ships... etc). u_u
Oh well, guess a Kraken based Pokemon will have to do...
I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be a Leviathan, but more like the idea and context around it. Groudon was apparently inspired by a Behemoth, but has the behavior and looks of a Tyrannosaur Rex. (Making it the best Pokemon ever.) They probably looked at an Orca as a base for Kyogre's design.

Honestly I think Groudon and Kyogre are both the most interesting legendaries and the ones that feel most inspired. Lugia/Ho-Oh I also really like for the Japanese background. Dialgia/Palkia (as much as I like them) and Reshiram/Zekrom got an interesting idea behind them, but were executed poorly and their design are something left to be desired. Gen 2 and Gen 3 in general are the peak of legendaries design and concept wise. The new legendaries in gen 6 seem to be a vast improvement design wise, and got potential.

Give me a Beelzebub and Megalodon legendary!
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was thinking, maybe not even that. Maybe there could be some 2 headed thing that could be both fire and water without actually conflicting...or something.
So, aditional evolution methods? We've had them in the past.
1st gen basis of evolution
2nd gen trading with an item, not sure if that was new, but I think so. At any rate day and night happiness evolutions were new for sure, and actually regular happiness evolutions might have been new too since I'm not even sure happiness existed in first gen.
3rd gen: erm. Maybe my theory is broken here. I actually don't think there was a new evolution method.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway... Sinnoh.
4th gen: Area based evolutions, and also evolutions based on team members (mantyke's evolution.
5th gen: We have the trade with a spesific other Pokémon method.
I'm not sure if there was any other new evo methods introduced, I've forgotten now.
So, if any, what kind of new evolution methods do you think may be added?
Something that would be really really annoying would be regional evolution. For the Pokémon to evolve, it has to be traded with a person from another country. This takes away the ability to trade with yourself. And it just seems like the annoying thing game freak would do. As annoying as this would be, I am actually not apposed to it. It would be interesting to have to work that hard for an evolution. I'm not saying this for tons of Pokémon, but maybe just for 1 spesific Pokémon, or perhaps 2 at most.

Well, if you want to be technical about it, Gen III introduced the idea of certain pokemon evolving under strict conditions, like.. you have to max out the 'beauty' condition of Feebas, and even though Nincada evolves to Ninjask at level 20, it can 'technically' evolve to Shedinja too if you have a spare pokemon slot and a pokeball... I think.

Anyway, whatever the new evolution method is, I hope it's not really a 'DNA' evolution based... cause that reminds me too much of Digimon. D=

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
What's a lava fish?

Submarine volcanoes are a good way to introduce a Fire/Water type. I'd love something related to boiled water or steam, though.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I think Triple battles were a huge mistake, Rotation battles on the other hand are fairly interesting and tactical.

I think the point of Pokemon is that the meta-game is that it will never be fully balanced - just as in real life there are some that will be weaker than others, not everything should be useable in competitive battles.

Echidna

Years
What's a lava fish?

Submarine volcanoes are a good way to introduce a Fire/Water type. I'd love something related to boiled water or steam, though.

Oh nice, a fish that spouts steam ;o
Maybe a water Pokemon based off submarine volcanoes entirely? Or perhaps, one with the same concept (i.e. lava core, production of heat... etc).
;-;
I think Triple battles were a huge mistake, Rotation battles on the other hand are fairly interesting and tactical.
True that, Triple Battles were a disappointment. :/

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Video is broken.
Oh nice, a fish that spouts steam ;o
Sarcasm or not? I personally think that's a neat idea, and a good way of thinking outside the box. Fire type doesn't have to be related to actual fire, so why not hot temperature?

EDIT: Pistol Shrimp is really interesting, exactly what I want!

Last edited:

Echidna

Years
I never miss the oppurtunity to Post this Video.. Ladies and Gentlemen , a TRUE Water/Fire pokemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPrGxB1Kzc
What. The. Hell.
o.O
Video is broken.

Sarcasm or not? I personally think that's a neat idea, and a good way of thinking outside the box. Fire type doesn't have to be related to actual fire, so why not hot temperature?

EDIT: Pistol Shrimp is really interesting, exactly what I want!

Not sarcasm ;p
We truly need a Fire/Water type and a submarine volcano is a potential concept for one (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back