• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen what did you scream at the top of your lungs when you heard the news?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
what was your reaction from hearing the news?
i heard it from my brother and had to restrain from yelling: "HOLY CRUD! THERE'S GONNA BE A 3DS POKEMON GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then i ran into my room and did a little dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Well, it was 6:30 AM and my roommate and I woke up to see what the announcement was.

Me: Time to check!
Her: ok
*2 minutes later*
Me: it isn't ruby and sapphire remake...
Her: &$@!
Me: Watch this trailer with me.
Her: oh god those starters are ugly
Me: LOOK AT THAT RAINBOW DEER THING HOLY HELL OH MY GOD
Her: it's still quiet hours!
Me: NOT IN THE POKEMON WORLD

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
I was in class. So I couldn't really scream or anything, but I surely was holding in my excitement. I'm so hyped!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
well i just woke up and i'm seriously fangirling right now;; it's about time for it to be in 3D (=

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I checked My Nintendo News this morning instead of PokeCommunity, so it doesn't spoil the surprise, and right in front of the home page was the trailer for Pokemon X and Y. To my disappointment, I made a dull surprise when I first saw it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
"OMG. GENERATION SIX. GEN SIX. OMG. OMG. -heavy breathing-"
I legit get THAT excited for every new Pokemon game just about. JUST ABOUT.
I was legit trippin' out there for a bit and still kinda am. xD"

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I didn't know until juuuust a minute ago when I checked PC. XD

I haven't even had the money to buy Black 2 yet, and then I log on here and see that the new gen info is already out. Holydang! I'm pleased, and excited as heck, because I'll finally get a lot of use out of my 3DS. So I'm takin' a look at all the info that's out, and the starter Pokemon, the fire one is really cute, wow. This kinda made my day, somehow. One of my favorite parts about new games is coming on here and speculating with everyone. XD I can't say that I screamed, because someone is on the phone behind me, but yeah.

Years
I didn't scream anything. Because it was 6AM. lol

Mentally, I was like, YES, 3DS. (And thank god I HAVE one. So many of my friends don't and I feel bad. lol)

Although a part of me still wants to go back to Hoenn... It's the only region not playable on the 3DS, since you can play any DS games on a 3DS, an HGSS have Kanto too. I still hope that ONE DAY we can go back to every region in one game... XD Well that's wishful thinking... hahaha...

But realistically, logically, this is great. I'm really excited!! Especially the SIMULTANEOUS release... I was actually super nervous that I'd have to wait and wait and wait and be angry that I can't import a Japanese game because of region locks and get all impatient. But now we don't have that problem. So I'm pretty happy. =D

I've lately been getting really into 3DS games, I have a few now and I love the graphics. (Granted I'm not so much a fan of the actual 3D mode since it hurts my eyes, but even without the 3D on, 3DS graphics are great, so I'm still super excited.)

Years
The first thing I did when I woke up was check the news and my reaction was instantly to check PC and see what was going on over here. XD; I screamed internally too since I'm just a quiet person, otherwise I would've flipped out. Getting that 3DS XL for Christmas was so worth it omg.

Years
My gf "what are you doing?"
Me "i will travel across the land, searching far and wide"
My gf "huh"
Me" you teach me and ill teach you"
My gf "its 630 in the morning, im trying to sleep"
Me" gotta CATCH EM ALL"
All of my dialogue in a singy voice

Years
I didn't make a sound. I was barely able to afford getting Black 2. I don't even know if I'm going to be able get a 3DS or even get the game. But either way I thought the five new Pokémon shown were ugly.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
*C Talli didn't scream*

The internet when off as soon as Talli heard so that damped his mood from the news of pokemon X and Y

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I feverishly waited all day to get home from school...
Little homework: SUCCESS!
Done in 10 minutes: SUCCESS!
Iwata is blabbing about Pokemon's past: T_T I know, I've been playing since Gen 1....
Pokemon on the 3DS: ERMAH-ERMAH-ERMAH-ERMAHGERD WUB WUB WUB DUB WUB DUB (it sounded somewhat like Skrillex 0_o)

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
(OOC): I woke up about 1:00 PM my time. I knew there was a big announcement but I thought it would be something about the new Mystery Dungeon. I read the name "X and Y" and thought it wasn't a main series game, but when I saw the trailer I was like "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG" and ran downstairs screaming. My mom was like "WHAT'S WRONG?!?!" and when she realized I was happy she was like "Did you find a shiny?" XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I woke up at noon and saw a text from my friend saying, "Idk how I feel about the new game :/" My immediately reaction was, "THE ANNOUNCEMENT HAPPENED???????" I went on my computer as fast as I could, went onto Serebii, saw the screenshots they posted, and watched the trailer. I pretty much flipped the frick out. I went onto Facebook and freaked out, and went onto Tumblr to reblog as much Pokémon-related posts of the new games as I could until I exceeded post limit - which I did. :P

So yeah, I'm really, REALLY happy and excited for these games. October is too far away. :(

Years
Considering it was 3 AM after a long day, I didn't scream anything. While watching the announcement though, as soon as I saw what the battles looked like, I just said "Wow."

Back