• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Oh wow. o_o That's incredible, and somehow someday making that into a title screen would easily be awesome. Although until such a creation is made or worked on, I think the new one is a fine medium. At least it's an improvement.
Yeah, if only I could sprite, I could make it look exactly how I want it to look.

Yay its back.
i have to say that the hack has gone a lot farther than before, and that the title screen is absolutely beautiful.
the dragons lineage one looks very mountainous, a bit like a canyon. and the genesis one looks a lot like space(obviously), but it has a calm feeling to it.
It looks much better than the real games, and i only have to wish you the best of luck dshayabusa.
Thats exactly what I was going for with the Dragon Lineage.

Dshayabusa I am playing the fixed beta 2 now and I have noticed the following glitches.

1. A movement permission error on the fence just outside Gary's house

2. A guy walking in the first town keeps on walking when you talk to him

3. lots of movement permission errors at the top of town two.

Sorry if these have been pointed out already.

I like your The Dragon Lineage title screen and your new genesis title screen is better.
So far the game has been great except going through the mountain with out flash and then dieing and now trying to do it again.
Thanks, they've all been fixed now. This happened because I had to use a backup.

That's slightly off topic, but looks amazing.

Did you try this yet? I think it's probably better to just have the one larger Arceus, or one large Giratina, because in it's current setting the Giratina just looks out of place.
I really want to have them both in the titlescreen since they are both equally important. But I agree they do look a little out of place.

The Giritina's wings look a little weird to me, but other than that, both titlescreens are great!
Really? I think this sprite looks better than the old D/P one.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but I'm finally done with the titlescreen, theres still two bugs I haven't been able to fix. Perhaps someone else will know?

Click the image to see a video. One of the problems is the two squares near Giratinas feet, I'm not sure whats causing those. The other is the stars flashing which is unavoidable I think.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Wow! The new title screen is beautiful! You really overworked this one, dshayabusa.
I hope you find out what caused those oddities.

Otherwise, good luck with Pokémon Genesis.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Wow! Nice titlescreens! If only I could make 'em as good. -sigh-...
A bit offtopic here, but ca you teach me?

Well, I like the one with Arceus and Giratina more than the one with Arceus by itself. It doesn't REALLY matter, seeing as most people are only gonna look at it for a few seconds anyway... But it's still cool!

Years
It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but I'm finally done with the titlescreen, theres still two bugs I haven't been able to fix. Perhaps someone else will know?

Click the image to see a video. One of the problems is the two squares near Giratinas feet, I'm not sure whats causing those. The other is the stars flashing which is unavoidable I think.
If I can remember back to when I did my title screen. The flashing stars is probably due to the palette. There's some ASM code that interchanges a few colours in the title screen (See flashing "Pree Start"). I think that's what is happening with the Stars.
The other one is probably just a little error in the image? But there's only so much you can see from that little video.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Wow! Nice titlescreens! If only I could make 'em as good. -sigh-...
A bit offtopic here, but ca you teach me?

Well, I like the one with Arceus and Giratina more than the one with Arceus by itself. It doesn't REALLY matter, seeing as most people are only gonna look at it for a few seconds anyway... But it's still cool!
I might put it in the tips and tricks for RHN. And I totally agree, title screens shouldn't be a big deal, you'll only ever see it once in the game (if you use save states).

If I can remember back to when I did my title screen. The flashing stars is probably due to the palette. There's some ASM code that interchanges a few colours in the title screen (See flashing "Pree Start"). I think that's what is happening with the Stars.
The other one is probably just a little error in the image? But there's only so much you can see from that little video.
I put the space background in press start image so thats definitely whats causing it. The only image that could be causing the two boxes would be the space background (since its behind Giratina) and theres nothing wrong with its tilemap. Maybe theres anther layer in the titlescreen?

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
*is playing Genesis when he walks into a house and warps to a different town and reloads has to beat the dark tunnel again*

Okay this is getting annoying I have beaten that tunnel 3 times. The only reason I keep playing is because it is soooo good.

Okay if you have not fixed it, the warp is in latim city next to the Mart.

Edit:

Yay I just beat the 2nd gym. I really like your "borrow my pokemon" script it was awsome

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
that was one AWESOME titlescreen! :D
keep things up. ;)

edit:
pk_fire_red_pyp_usav_01-8.png

I can't get up... -__-

Last edited:

Dratii

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Proud owner of a shiny Duskull.

Another thing that will make me want to play this more.

Spoiler:

EDIT:

When I battle Gary on route 4 it comes up with a black screen and then it screws up.

Last edited:

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
i'm having the same problem with my rival on route 4. when i talk to him, the battle music starts, but just goes to a black screen.
i've tried 2 different roms, re-downloading the patch, and i've made sure to delete all saves/etc. and patch to a clean rom, but it still happens. other than that, i haven't found anything else that hasn't been reported.

aside from that, i've really been enjoying myself while playing. i love the new titlescreen you posted, especially the background. keep up the awesome work. ^^

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
*is playing Genesis when he walks into a house and warps to a different town and reloads has to beat the dark tunnel again*

Okay this is getting annoying I have beaten that tunnel 3 times. The only reason I keep playing is because it is soooo good.

Okay if you have not fixed it, the warp is in latim city next to the Mart.

Edit:

Yay I just beat the 2nd gym. I really like your "borrow my pokemon" script it was awsome
Fixed thanks.

that was one AWESOME titlescreen! :D
keep things up. ;)

edit:
pk_fire_red_pyp_usav_01-8.png

I can't get up... -__-
Fixed and thanks.

Proud owner of a shiny Duskull.

Another thing that will make me want to play this more.

Spoiler:

EDIT:

When I battle Gary on route 4 it comes up with a black screen and then it screws up.
Fixed.
Spoiler:

i'm having the same problem with my rival on route 4. when i talk to him, the battle music starts, but just goes to a black screen.
i've tried 2 different roms, re-downloading the patch, and i've made sure to delete all saves/etc. and patch to a clean rom, but it still happens. other than that, i haven't found anything else that hasn't been reported.

aside from that, i've really been enjoying myself while playing. i love the new titlescreen you posted, especially the background. keep up the awesome work. ^^
That bug is caused by the script going into an infinite loop, I think I've fixed it now.

I've reuploaded the beta with all the bugs people have reported fixed. You don't have to start again just use your old save files.

Dratii

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
The gary script still doesn't work. I know I have the fix version because of the title screen and the other glitches have been fixed.

Edit

Relief it works but it just goes black for a while. Just KO gary

Edit2

On route 3 the when you CUT the bush it regenerates when you step on it.

At The end of route 25 there is a boulder blocking the way which says
Hello, are you here alone?
If you're out at CERILEAN's cape.....
Well, it should be as a couple.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Hey why is it that after I beat the second gym, the old people are still blocking my way south? I patched it with the latest beta and loaded my old savestate, but they're still there?
Help's greatly appreciated.

Great work by the way, best hack I've ever played.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Maybe you shouldn't head south :?

I dunno I never got that far in but I'd suggest wandering around, you'll probably stumble upon where you need to go next :)

Dratii

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
^^^^That should be in the help thread^^^^^^
but I got stuck there too so
Spoiler:

Edit

Ohhh I went the wrong way.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the Pokemaniac before the cave on route 7 can make the game freeze, no matter if you are playing the bugfix or not.

Glitchv1.jpg

See the red dot besides the boulder? That is me after battling him.

Glitchv5.jpg

Another possible result is this. But this time, I can't move.

Glitchv4.jpg

And this guy doesn't say anything. It is not a glitch, but a little bit strange.
Sorry if this have been mentioned.

Besides that, this is a wonderful hack, and I wish you the best of luck! :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I really want to have them both in the titlescreen since they are both equally important. But I agree they do look a little out of place.

Really? I think this sprite looks better than the old D/P one.

It's about time, Dsayabusa! It looks really neat too!
It's hack number 7, to have a customized titlescreen!

Good luck, those squares, are because of...The wrong color!
That's why you should've inserted, both Girantina, and Arceus on the same tilemap, rather than blending Girantina into the background...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the Pokemaniac before the cave on route 7 can make the game freeze, no matter if you are playing the bugfix or not.

Glitchv1.jpg

See the red dot besides the boulder? That is me after battling him.

Glitchv5.jpg

Another possible result is this. But this time, I can't move.

Glitchv4.jpg

And this guy doesn't say anything. It is not a glitch, but a little bit strange.
Sorry if this have been mentioned.

Besides that, this is a wonderful hack, and I wish you the best of luck! :)
Thanks for those, they've been fixed now.

There is a mapping error near Ivy's Gym, the museum has a warp error.
Thanks, fixed.

It's about time, Dsayabusa! It looks really neat too!
It's hack number 7, to have a customized titlescreen!

Good luck, those squares, are because of...The wrong color!
That's why you should've inserted, both Girantina, and Arceus on the same tilemap, rather than blending Girantina into the background...
Yeah I thought that I had accidentally used the wrong pallete in some parts of the tilemap too. I went over those areas with the correct palletes but it didn't make a difference. Giratina and Arceus are in the same tilemap. The Giratina sprite just uses a different pallete to Arceus.

Back