• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey tributes and victors, congratulations on 100 posts! To commemorate this milestone, I am going to temporarily put a break in the rules. From now on, every Pokemon you catch or receive get an extra life. All you have to do is say "1UP" when a Pokemon dies in your game, and you can heal it. Note that you can only do this once per Pokemon per game.

Anyway, I would like to share an update of my progress with the other tributes.

Update #3 - Progress with Problems

What happened:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

That's all for now. Remember the rule break and use it to your advantage! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Crescend

Breeder
Years
This seems like an interesting challenge, I'll give this a spin ;)

To be honest I never watched the hunger games, so I ended up picking some of the answers at random, but I ended up at dist 11 which sounds about right. Fighting types are my favourites anyways ^^ Though I do wonder why dist 11 used to be bug/grass and is now bug/fighting?

Username: Crescend
Game(s): FireRed, and more if I succeed
Ultimate: Maybe
District: 11 (bug / fighting)

Optional rule: Not capturing any duplicates, nor trading / hacking any pokemon in. I'm not going to use the 1-ups, because I'm a glutton for punishment.
I was also thinking of going even more hardcore and not using pokecenters, until I realised I would've had no way of replenishing PP so I gave up on that idea.

Team so far:
Spoiler:

Edit: Day 2
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Welcome to the challenge!

District 11 got changed? I don't really know; I didn't come up with this idea.

Sorry to hear about Rockington. :(

Last edited:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Jeez, death counter just jumped way up... This isn't as easy as I first thought I'd be.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
I'm going to be totally honest, I never did start my challenge because of being busy with school and such, but I do plan on starting this weekend.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
A bit of a short one this time around.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
I beat Elite 4 and the champion! ^^

The full story:
Spoiler:

Now the problem is that I did not bother to figure out why the in-game save wasn't working, so I had been using savestates up until now. I didn't think it'd be a problem but the game restarts after the credits, with no option to continue playing after beating the elite 4... I've been reading all over forums that the only fix is to change the emulator save type and redo the whole game... {D:}

Will this still count as a victory, even if I'm unable to reach the official goal of finishing the sevii islands miniquest...? I did beat the first 3 islands when Bill appeared in Cinnabar Island, but the rest of it is inaccessible. Replaying the whole game from scratch is a bit too much for me, I'd much rather just move on to HeartGold. I'm going to take a bit of a break first though before starting.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I beat Elite 4 and the champion! ^^

The full story:
Spoiler:

Now the problem is that I did not bother to figure out why the in-game save wasn't working, so I had been using savestates up until now. I didn't think it'd be a problem but the game restarts after the credits, with no option to continue playing after beating the elite 4... I've been reading all over forums that the only fix is to change the emulator save type and redo the whole game... {D:}

Will this still count as a victory, even if I'm unable to reach the official goal of finishing the sevii islands miniquest...? I did beat the first 3 islands when Bill appeared in Cinnabar Island, but the rest of it is inaccessible. Replaying the whole game from scratch is a bit too much for me, I'd much rather just move on to HeartGold. I'm going to take a bit of a break first though before starting.

Yeah, I think the Sevii Islands miniquest is a little bit too far. But, good job! And to everyone, congratulations to Crescend for becoming the Victor of this year's Hunger Games! Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Name: Polymus 1
Game(s): anything above firered (exapt for leaf green)
Ultimate: No
District: 12

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Name: Polymus 1
Game(s): anything above firered (exapt for leaf green)
Ultimate: No

Could you be more specific about which game you're playing? Saying "anything above firered" does not tell me anything, really.

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Like the masochist I am, I'm back for some more! After the taste of victory, I now aim for Ultimate!

Name: Crescend
Game(s): FireRed (done), HeartGold, Sapphire, Platinum, Black
Ultimate: Yes
District: 11 (bug/fighting)

Optional rules:
1. No trading (except in-game trades)
2. No 1UPs
3. Not catching duplicates in any circumstances.
4. If a pokemon is not my type but evolves into one, I'm not going to use it in battle before it evolves. Until then, it is strictly an EXP-leech. (Starter's the only exception)
5. Not looking up info on wiki to get unfair advantage. I only look up bulbapedia to see my teammates stats.
6. No restarting a game. If I get completely wiped out, I consider my Ultimate streak lost.

Update on Sapphire:
Spoiler:

Edit: Day 2
Spoiler:

Heha I feel like I should cut my stories to atleast half shorter than this in the future... ~_~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Name: Polymus 1 (P1)
Game: Emerald

FIRE!!! LETS BURN THE PLACE UP

STARTED GAME
named myself P1 as i do for all challenges
got torchic for district 12
saved proffesor
beat May
made my way to 1st gym
beat 1st gym no hassle
evolved torchic
TEAM
Combusken
(lv 17)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Name: Polymus 1 (P1)
Game: Emerald

FIRE!!! LETS BURN THE PLACE UP

STARTED GAME
named myself P1 as i do for all challenges
got torchic for district 12
saved proffesor
beat May
made my way to 1st gym
beat 1st gym no hassle
evolved torchic
TEAM
Combusken
(lv 17)

Like the masochist I am, I'm back for some more! After the taste of victory, I now aim for Ultimate!

Name: Crescend
Game(s): FireRed (done), HeartGold, Sapphire, Platinum, Black
District: 11 (bug/fighting)

Optional rules:
1. No trading (except in-game trades)
2. No 1UPs
3. Not catching duplicates in any circumstances.
4. If a pokemon is not my type but evolves into one, I'm not going to use it in battle before it evolves. Until then, it is strictly an EXP-leech. (Starter's the only exception)
5. Not looking up info on wiki to get unfair advantage. I only look up bulbapedia to see my teammates stats.
6. No restarting a game. If I get completely wiped out, I consider my Ultimate streak lost.

Good luck to both of you! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Well, let's give this challenge a try,
it's my first challenge ever, so, wish me luck :)

Username: Tjakka5
Game(s): Heart Gold for now.
Ultimate: Nonononono
District: District 3 for the win!

I will try to keep my 'story' as precise as possible.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Well, let's give this challenge a try,
it's my first challenge ever, so, wish me luck :)

Username: Tjakka5
Game(s): Heart Gold for now.
Ultimate: Nonononono
District: District 3 for the win!

I will try to keep my 'story' as precise as possible.

Good luck! and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I'm in.

Username: GoldenRayquaza
Game: HeartGold, Platinum, Black, White 2.
District: Capitol (oh yeah, this will make some good legendaries)

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Just a little update for me:

I havent started yet, my game keeps freezing, so I just downloaded a emulator, and so, I will also do Leaf Green.

So, to be clear...

I'm still doing Heart Gold on District 3.
And I'll do Leaf Green on District 3, but, as there are no Steel types, I'll switch that to stone.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Pokemon Red

Day 1:

So...
I just heard I have to take part in the Hunger Games, together with my Cousin 'Gary', great.
I had to choose a temporary friend, to help me survive, and so I chose 'Squirtle', as I knew the first
tribute Leader I had to challenge was focusing on stone, and I could easialy beat him easialy.

I started off, killed my Cousin, and then went to 'Viridian City', I returned the Parcel, and trained my Squirtle to level 10.

I then went into the forest, often returning to the poke-center, and eventually I got to Pewter City.
I instantly challenged 'Brock' the tribute Leader, dominating him with some bubbles :D

After that, I spend ~20 minutes, searching for a Pickachu, cought it, and named her Voltz.

Team so far:

-Voltz [Pickachu] Lvl 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back