• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Its been translated and solved over at smogon, and it can lead to easy shinies, but only if you own certain devices for GBA games, or you can use pokesav to find your secret Id, otherwise its useless to get shinies.

Actually, I believe that the 3rd function (i.e. 3rd button down on the left side) allows you to calculate your SID by using the PID of a shiny you've already caught on that game. To find its PID, you'll need to use X-Act's applet (also on Smogon).
At least, that's what people have been saying; I found mine by backing up my save file on the computer.

The RNG doesn't change when you new game; however, your trainer ID does, so spreads which weren't shiny before could end up being shiny.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
OK I have set up my targets for MM already. I am going to go after Regigigas first and once I get that I will move Heatran as I have wanted both of these shiny for a long time. i already have my save in front of Regigigas and I am going to play Platinum till March so I can get to Giratina and SR for that in March as well. For now I will carry on chaining random shinies that grab my attention and possible ones for my WiFi team which I have lapsed on recently.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
finaly... shiny giratina came!!!
one more shiny legend for me :P
I got it yesterday... it was 1 month of hunting...
here the picture :D
Spoiler:

gratz to the new shinys everyone :)

Congratulations on the shiny giratina.

Here is the pic of my shiny uxie that I promised last time:
View attachment 44972

By the way, what are the rules in march madness?

See ya; Good luck everyone.

Years
Ooooh, my setup time:
First line of Defense: xd
Okay, so here are my MM targets:
Tangela
Rayquaza (But hopefully it'll shine sooner ;D)
Moltres

Hopefully I can pull this off!
Good luck all!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Here are my targets for March Madness:

First of all, my top priority is Charmander!! Should it hatch before March Madness, perfect!! Should it not though (which would suck), it will be part of my to do list in both Ruby and Diamond!!

Ruby:
Groudon (#1)
Rayquaza (#2)
Registeel (#3)
Beldum (#4)

FireRed:*
Dratini (Game Corner/#1)
Scyther (Game Corner/#2)

Diamond:
Insert whatever Pokemon results from running manically around the grasses of Sinnoh!!
Drifloon (On Fridays only, an honor!!)

*Assuming I don't reset my FireRed in order to a Soft Reset the Pokemon that I can't no more, here is the alternative:

FireRed:
Charmander (Pallet/#1)
Eevee (Celedon/#2)
Lapras (Silph Co./#3)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little. O_o

March is 3 weeks away.

I just wanted to remind everyone to go get their Shaymin this week at Toys R Us. There's been very little buzz about it for some reason so it would be very easy to overlook.

It goes on from today (8th) through the 14th.
It's a shame they cannot be shiny, but you can transfer it to Platinum and change it with the Gracidea Flower whateverthingie.

Haven't had time to play much but I did hatch a few more Magikarps.

Good luck everyone and I'm off again

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Is the shaymin event only in the United States?
Do you think they're going to do another event soon where they give the oak's letter, member's pass and the azure flute so that we can activate the events inside our games?

Years
The Shaymin Event will be in all places the Darkrai Event was, but later on.
The Members Pass Event for Darkrai in Platinum will be released about half a year after the game comes out to your region. Oak's Letter will be around 4 months afterwards.
Azure Flute won't be given out in Japan till at the very least the summer.
Going strong on Rayquaza, I'm well past 2,000 SRs, and I will go for about 2 more hours, giving me about 500 more. I hope it will shine next weekend, as I have 4 days to myself; no school. I'm also hoping for a day off this week, c'mon Michigan, be terrible now!
xD
Good luck all, I hope that we can all get a ton of shinies here, since many seem to be facing a dry spell for them.
Other than the 3 shiny Tangela in 1 day thing...

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little. O_o

March is 3 weeks away.

I just wanted to remind everyone to go get their Shaymin this week at Toys R Us. There's been very little buzz about it for some reason so it would be very easy to overlook.

It goes on from today (8th) through the 14th.
It's a shame they cannot be shiny, but you can transfer it to Platinum and change it with the Gracidea Flower whateverthingie.

Haven't had time to play much but I did hatch a few more Magikarps.

Good luck everyone and I'm off again

Lol!! Those are just some of the Pokemon that I want!! I don't actually plan to go for all of those (way too many), just a taste of what I may go for!! XD I actually just want Rayquaza, Charmander, and Magikarp!! =D

I know, I can't wait to get one!! I posted the Shaymin Event info on my deviantART page as a reminder too!! But thanks for the reminder (especially for those that may not have known)!!

Is the shaymin event only in the United States?
Do you think they're going to do another event soon where they give the oak's letter, member's pass and the azure flute so that we can activate the events inside our games?

Yup, the current Shaymin event is in Toys "R" Us around the U.S.!!

Well, for Pokemon Platinum in Japan they released over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection the Member's Card from Dec. 1 2008 to Jan. 15, 2009, and it enabled Platinum players access to New Moon Island and Darkrai!! And Oak's Letter will be available on Wi-Fi in Spring 2009 for Japanese Platinum players and access to the Flower Paradise and Shaymin!!

Should these events be available when Platinum is released elsewhere in the world would just be win!! =D

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
I see, thanks.
I think that it would have been great if they put the key items for D/P.
But it looks like its only avaliable in Japan and that we have to wait until they release Platinum .

By the way, I know it's still a month left to start march madness, but this will be my first time participating and I want to do my best.

Well see ya; Good luck everyone.

Years
Last year, it was May Mayhem, and I caught shiny Palkia and Treecko during it. =3

They're still my last two SRs. .__.;

1125 Dialgas so far. It's going much slower having class to worry about now. Last time, I was able to rack up 500 a day. Nonetheless, I got Palkia, Drifloon, and Treecko despite a 9-5 job, so I can do this.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Well.... if you all haven't heard, theyreally have broken the Emerald RNG code....

So if you know your Secret ID of your Emerald game, you can pair the data up along with your Trainer ID and I think your nature and IVs or whatever and know exactly when to try and encounter a Pokemon to make the shiny or whatever pop up.

Ok.

It's one thing for the PokeRadar, but now this is just getting ridiculous.
First of all, you have to cheat to know your Secret ID. It's supposed to be secret for a reason.
Oh ha ha you could trade an Emerald Pokemon to someone and get them to get your ID for you. I don't care, I still think it's cheating.

Second of all, you have to use this Japanese website timer thingie to let you know when to encounter a Pokemon. Some people are using Synchros and Sweet Scent to make this ridiculously easy... but do you have the right nature and a shiny ID to begin with?

This might be a middle ground but it's too manipulative. You can get what you want when you want as long as you time it right....
And now you can know when. :(

I'll just wait and see how all this goes over....

I'm too busy anyways. I'd rather do other stuff too like play Chrono Trigger and draw, and occasionally hatch a Magikarp or two.

Good luck everyone.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I see, thanks.
I think that it would have been great if they put the key items for D/P.
But it looks like its only avaliable in Japan and that we have to wait until they release Platinum .

By the way, I know it's still a month left to start march madness, but this will be my first time participating and I want to do my best.

Well see ya; Good luck everyone.

No prob!! And good luck!! =D

Last year, it was May Mayhem, and I caught shiny Palkia and Treecko during it. =3

They're still my last two SRs. .__.;

1125 Dialgas so far. It's going much slower having class to worry about now. Last time, I was able to rack up 500 a day. Nonetheless, I got Palkia, Drifloon, and Treecko despite a 9-5 job, so I can do this.

At least you have a *last two*... ;__; Over a year, and I've yet to hatch any shiny... *the games hate me*

Well.... if you all haven't heard, they really have broken the Emerald RNG code....

So if you know your Secret ID of your Emerald game, you can pair the data up along with your Trainer ID and I think your nature and IVs or whatever and know exactly when to try and encounter a Pokemon to make the shiny or whatever pop up.

Ok.

First of all, you have to cheat to know your Secret ID. It's supposed to be secret for a reason.
Oh ha ha you could trade an Emerald Pokemon to someone and get them to get your ID for you. I don't care, I still think it's cheating.

Second of all, you have to use this Japanese website timer thingie to let you know when to encounter a Pokemon. Some people are using Synchros and Sweet Scent to make this ridiculously easy... but do you have the right nature and a shiny ID to begin with?

This might be a middle ground but it's too manipulative. You can get what you want when you want as long as you time it right....

I'm too busy anyways. I'd rather do other stuff too like play Chrono Trigger and draw, and occasionally hatch a Magikarp or two.

Good luck everyone.

I don't like it that you have to cheat at all!! That just takes the point and purpose away from true Shiny Hunting!! And way too easy!! The best ways are when you unexpectedly encounter an unexpected Pokemon and nearly crap your pants freaking out that its going to Teleport, Roar, 'splode, Critical Hit it, or, that you only have the Master Ball as your only Poke Ball that you're saving for that Soft-Reseted Shiny Legendary as your last resort, and ultimately deciding to use it or not!! You know, the works!! XD

Well, I'm about to wrap up finishing hatching the first set of 13 Boxes of Charmander that I've filled up on Ruby, then its off to fill another 13 more, then reminisce on how it all started, and how I'll begin again!! XD

Good luck everybody!! ^_^

Years
Maybe this year will be August Rush?
XP

Yeah, that's why I've given up on Emerald; I'm just gonna stick to the pure Ruby and Sapphire.
Not much to say here, other than good luck all.
I want a shiny Quaza =(
2,400 Resets

Years
Well.... if you all haven't heard, theyreally have broken the Emerald RNG code....

Ok.

Good luck everyone.
The SHC rules state: Contact with any unsupported external device, even if on a different game from the one you're playing on, to accelerate the capture of a shiny Pokémon, is disallowed. Any shinies found this way will not be counted. Finding your secret ID must be done through legitimate means.

It is possible to find your hidden ID through two ways. One involves capturing a shiny on the same savefile through normal means. The other is trivial but takes a lot of luck. I'm not going to walk you through the processes because I don't want to encourage this.

For these cases, I'm going to have to lay down the law: Any shiny found by stopwatch-timing your RNG based on ID calculations on Emerald version qualifies as a Cert Shiny, so you may only count ONE towards credit. This is one from all Emerald games combined, not one from each savefile. As with all captures, this is based on honour code, so I expect all members to be forthright and honest about how they found their shinies, like always.

Sheesh! Now, here's how March Madness and the other monthly alliterations worked: Search for shinies throughout the month using only "traditional" means, ie. soft resets, random encounters unassisted by the Pokéradar, or breeding. In all cases, we assume the RNG gives fair random numbers and isn't being manipulated. Whoever's found the most shinies through these ways by the end of the month wins! What do they win? Lots of shinies? :P

Dialga count is at 1149.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I'm still active in shinies but most of them are PokéRadar, I did get a random encounter shiny Doduo on LeafGreen while trying to look for a Pokemon with Run Away a couple of days ago.

Right now I am hunting on LeafGreen for a shiny Vulpix (new save file). I hope that "3" as the first number in trainer ID thing really works, at least for LeafGreen.

---

I've been having nightmares and all of them have been having shiny Pokemon messing up my game ever since I found out about that Emerald PRNG thing. Hopefully it won't make me scared of shiny Pokemon. lol

Last edited:
Years
The "3" thing is just a myth; a trend that most people shared in Emerald-only.
Not truly a such thing as "lucky file".

Hunting Tangela now, I may switch over to a bird at some point, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
The "3" thing is just a myth; a trend that most people shared in Emerald-only.
Not truly a such thing as "lucky file".

Hunting Tangela now, I may switch over to a bird at some point, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Aww that stinks. Now I don't know if I should continue or start a new file and see what happens.

Years
Well, PC's finally back up.
Still no new shinies; I'm to 3,000 resets for Rayquaza, and I'm hunting for Rare Candies from Pickup Meowth, while encountering Tangela and leveling up my Blastoise. Maybe I'll find a shiny one while doing this; I'm gonna get about 40 or so Rare Candies, but I only get one every two hours or so, which means it is taking forever, obviously, but I know I will be rewarded soon ;D
Good luck all, and congrats to Storm Dragoon on her beautiful news shiny Latios =D

Back