• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

L.A The MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Actually, DrCoolSanta, you could easily build a dual socket Xeon processor with 2GBs of ram and a 40GB hard drive for under $500, and the Eclipse engine (which he is using) easily only needs around a 500MHz processor, 128MB of RAM, and 100MB of hard drive space.

By the way, I would suggest you scrap using the Eclipse engine. If you do not know C++ (Or the programming language that Eclipse uses), then you can't really make anything that useful. I would suggest something like Sphere.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
I might be able to have the server up at certain times but for like 2-3 hours a day which really sucks or just blow a whole lot of money having my own internet connection for it.I wqas thinking that I could install a registration key in the install and you have to pay $5.00(nz) to get the registration key.But I figured that it would be really annoying to the people in other countries. Im planning on learning c++ this year but it would take a while.So until I have learnt c++ we will just have to use Eclipse.

Edit:
The Server May Be Working Now Please Try It!

Soz for DP but I need to get people to play this mmorpg.I will post a download link for it now.

Here is a download for the game if anyone wants it.I will try run the server.

http://rapidshare.com/files/83623623/Setup.exe.html

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
I might be able to have the server up at certain times but for like 2-3 hours a day which really sucks or just blow a whole lot of money having my own internet connection for it.I wqas thinking that I could install a registration key in the install and you have to pay $5.00 (nz) to get the registration key.But I figured that it would be really annoying to the people in other countries. Im planning on learning c++ this year but it would take a while.So until I have learnt c++ we will just have to use Eclipse.
l

Umm... What about a Flatrate?
Don´t think someone would pay for a MMORPG in 2d made by an 11 Years Old Kid ;)

I don´t believe you learned c++ just now ;) Coz it´s really complicated.

I will test it out though :)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Umm... What about a Flatrate?
Don´t think someone would pay for a MMORPG in 2d made by an 11 Years Old Kid ;)

I don´t believe you learned c++ just now ;) Coz it´s really complicated.

I will test it out though :)

Please read the topic.

-------------------------------
4/25/2006 8:13:35 AM
File: modClientTCP.bas
Procedure: HandleData
Error #401
Description: Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed

4/25/2006 8:14:01 AM
Error #9
Description: Subscript out of range

7/01/2008 4:17:49 p.m.
Error #401
Description: Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed

15/01/2008 4:17:01 PM
File: modGameLogic.bas
Procedure: Main
Error #339
Description: Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Anyway I think that you have not put in the infomation yet that is needed, like a domain name - although I have not used eclipse before.

Server is not working.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
Hmmmm....... My firwall is so annoying sometimes!It keeps blocking the server from accessing the internet.I've tried nearly everything. Ive gone into my firewall options and added it to the list of exeptions but it won't work.But one thing I havent tried is getting everyone who downloaded it to change the IP address in the IP config to:

That may help but Im not sure.(I have no way of testing it myself.)

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
PortForwarding?Dunno what that is.No-one has ever ttold me anything about portforwardinding...

Edit:
Im not allowed to PortForward.My dad said Im not allowed to.
:(:disappoin:'(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back