• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Aquamarine Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Hello... again. This is Lorem Ipsum, presenting his game, Pokémon Aquamarine Version. Last time you saw it, it was filled with bad Fakémon concepts, bad graphics and a bad storyline. Now, I have improved greatly, and the region of Eldar is better than ever before...

Made with: RPG Maker XP
Started in: September 2007

THE STORY
The story of Aquamarine is as follows.

In the quiet town of Alderwood, in the far South West of Eldar, nothing huge ever happens, or has happened. It is a quiet place for people wishing to see the countryside to live. It just so happens that it is also the home of the Hornbeam Pokémon laboratory, where trainers in the rural area of Eldar are given their first Pokémon, and sent to experiment and grow with them in the fields nearby. But we start our story with our hero waking up in the morning to a shock. Team Enigma has struck for the first time in Alderwood Town.

In the night, it appears that Artemis'* sister, Fiona, has been kidnapped in the night, and it was all too easy to see that the perpetrator was in fact Team Enigma, the renowned villains of Eldar. Fiona is in need of help, and the only person who can help is Artemis.

Leaving him a choice of her three favourite Pokémon, Strigiphyl the Grass type, Kindlepig the Fire type, and Ursizu the water type, and also equipping him with Pokédex. After Professor Hornbeam enquires about the subject, he suggests Artemis take the Pokémon League challenge to travel Eldar in hope of discovering the Enigma Base, and to teach him a lesson in Pokémon.

As Jonathan takes the fateful forest walk through Route 1, he wonders what adventures will come to him with his new Pokémon, and the dangers that lay ahead...

Meanwhile, after extracting information from Fiona, Team Enigma are on the move to Fortel City, a place in the very centre of Eldar, on the Legend Mountain itself, in search of a missile, which will propel the universe as we know it into a different universe, controlled by the mysterious creatures AMBIPHERE and GARNAMID. Will the entities of good and evil collide at the climax of this trouble? Will the power of AMBIPHERE and GARNAMID be unleashed? And what peril will fall Jonathan as he journeys to rescue his helpless sister?

THE SCREENSHOTS
capture005.jpg
capture002.jpg
capture003.jpg
capture001.jpg
capture006.jpg

More to come later, once I have finished a certain something that I think you will enjoy ;)

THE FEATURES
151 New Pokémon
A whole new region
New items and characters

THE CREDITS
poccil & Flameguru - Pokémon Essentials
The Spriter's Resource - Additional charsets
Fangking Omega - Tileset

WHAT WE NEED
A quality Pokémon style spriter. I don't mean that they can sprite, I can as well. I need somebody who can actually sprite 80 x 80 pictures in a Pokémon style.

ALSO, I need a tileset creator for gyms.

NOTES
This game is being made in ENGLISH. However, after the full version is released, probably in the next year and a half, work will be done to translate it into the following languages:
French
Spanish

Keep in mind however, that a translated game will not be completed in the forseeable future, unfortunately.

NEWS
The mapping and eventing is nearly done for everything to be included in the demo. All I need is a quality spriter as mentioned above. Question in the thread or by PM for more information.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Probably, but they wouldn't be very good, seeing as how we had no sprites. But, seeing as how I am including the original 4 generations...

I'll upload some in a minute.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Not bad, but it seems it has SKS (Starter Kit Syndrome). Even from taking a quick glance I immediately recognized it as being based on Poccil's Kit. Try to edit it a bit to make it unique; anyone can download the Starter Kit, use all the default resources and call it their own work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
You're right, Mr.Chewy... the thing is, I need a team, but have no idea how I am going to get one...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
You're right, Mr.Chewy... the thing is, I need a team, but have no idea how I am going to get one...

Getting a team together isn't as important as you might think. I've been working on a project for quite some time now were I have done EVERYTHING from mapping and story creation to scripting and even spriting. I wasn't particularly good at any of these when I first started, but after practice and practice I'm quite effective at all of them.

There are so many resources available to you that getting a 'team' is not only unnecessary, but makes things go much slower.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I can script and sprite, but nothing I sprite looks like it would have come out of a Pokémon game, and I don't think that they will for a rather long time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
No. There are none I can find on the web. Oh, I also managed to get that screenshot of a battle for you. It is a Strigiphyl battling a Strigiphyl, the first trainer battle you will ever fight. It's in Route 1, and this will show my inability to scratch Pokémon style sprites.
screen5di7.gif

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
OK, try going here and then click on the "C Spriting Forums" link. There's lots of scratch tutorials in the "Resources, Tutorials & Spriting Help" section.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The sprite isn't horrible, with a little work it could look like something from a Pokemon game. You're doing well for someone with no training in scratch spriting. And the game is doing quite well also.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Thanks you guys :P

The game is coming along quite well at the moment, I am working on getting some tiles for the first gym.

I can also reveal the first every gym's type and leader.

The Oceanlake Gym will be led by Phil, who takes command of all Water and Ice types. If you beat him, you will be rewarded with the Frost Badge, and the TM Icy Wind.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
No. There are none I can find on the web. Oh, I also managed to get that screenshot of a battle for you. It is a Strigiphyl battling a Strigiphyl, the first trainer battle you will ever fight. It's in Route 1, and this will show my inability to scratch Pokémon style sprites.
screen5di7.gif

My god, dude, update your software. That version of Pokémon Essentials is months and months old :/

No. There are none I can find on the web.

Have you actually tried Googling "scratch spriting tutorials"? I just did, and it came up with tons, lol. You obviously weren't trying very hard :P .

Last edited:

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
i could atempt at making a couple pokemons if u want
EDIT: i just searched google on tutorials and i got a video one specificaly on pokemon for scratch spritinng!
so... i guess u didnt even look...

P.S. heres the link to the vid : http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-xJP1dW6s

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I'm not stupid... I have already seen all three of Medical Meccanica's sprite tutorials, but none of them helped really.

Mr. Chewy, I don't really want to update my version of essentials, seeing as how there is nothing vital I really need in the newer versions at the moment.

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2008
mr.chewy no offense but i think ur getting on mr lorem's nerves just a lil bit

anyways what program are you using to sprite maybe thats the problem

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Game is looking a lot better and cleaner now Lorem, good job.

I suggest THIS guide if you're just really starting scratching. Just study Nintendo's Pokemon a lot, and see how they are made up. Then just try to copy the style.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Mr Glitch King: I use nothing more than MS Paint to sprite, and use Mozilla Firefox's ColorZilla extension to pick out colours I might want to use.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
mr.chewy no offense but i think ur getting on mr lorem's nerves just a lil bit

anyways what program are you using to sprite maybe thats the problem

He stated that he 'couldn't find any scratch spriting tutorials', yet I found literally dozens in a few seconds. I'm just saying that he was being quite lazy; I'm not trying to be offensive, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back