• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Sparkling Yellow

What region should I add after Kanto?

• Johto

Votes: 182 43.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 58 13.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Orre

Votes: 129 31.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
What i really mean about earning more pokemoney in different ways is - would there be mini-games that pay us pokemoney?

And by upgrade system i mean would it be possible to upgrade our pokeballs to great balls by doing great ball cost - poke ball cost = cost of upgrade from pokeballs to great balls

and the formul would work for great balls - ultra balls.

It would just save wasting good money, because later in game poke balls arent as sufficient.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
That's what I meant I always assumed it was a one time event in yellow that went along with the anime with ash getting his Pidgeotto.

Yeah, now I get it. It won't be as high as Lv17 though. It will be Lv9.

What i really mean about earning more pokemoney in different ways is - would there be mini-games that pay us pokemoney?

And by upgrade system i mean would it be possible to upgrade our pokeballs to great balls by doing great ball cost - poke ball cost = cost of upgrade from pokeballs to great balls

and the formul would work for great balls - ultra balls.

It would just save wasting good money, because later in game poke balls arent as sufficient.

Oh, ok now I get it. Upgrading Pokeballs...hmm...that seems like a cool idea. I will see what I can do about that.

Yes, there will be mini-games, also, that you can play to earn money. I am not sure what, but there will be some easier ways to earn money than battle.

________________Mini Update__________________________

Okay, so there is one new glitch that I found out while playtesting the beta. Elm walks under your player. I tried everything and nothing works.

Also, there is a new character. His name is Evra. Basically, he kind of just shows up throughout your journey and helps you out.

If you are low on cash, he will hand you about $4000

Sometimes, he will give you an item, or even just tell you where to go.

Unfortunately ( For you ), I will not be showing the graphic until I release the demo.

DEMO SHOULD BE RELEASED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. MAYBE EVEN TOMOROW, DEPENDS ON THE BUGS I HAVE TO FIX.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I love the overworld graphics of pikachu ^_^ who made them?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
Ah one more question for now also - in the original yellow edition you could turn around and check how pikachu is feeling, is the same system going to be implemented into this?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I love the overworld graphics of pikachu ^_^ who made them?

They are the HGSS Sprites. GameFreak made them :P

Ah one more question for now also - in the original yellow edition you could turn around and check how pikachu is feeling, is the same system going to be implemented into this?

I am going to try to implement the feature. Depending on if I know how to check their happiness :P

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Checking hapiness is easy, I have done that with the starterkit before, I will look up how to do it again and edit my post.

Would you like any help with the game? I am looking to join a team. I am a slow spriter, and I mainly have to edit things but I can sprite meh, I can map and event fine, and I have been using the RPG maker series sense 2005 :D

Though I mainly use GM now lol

EDIT:
Found the hapiness checking:
$game_variables[53]=$Trainer.party[0].
happiness

Sets pokemon in slot 0's hapiness to variable 53, you just need to configure it for your game, also you may need to do a check to see where pikachu is in the party

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Checking hapiness is easy, I have done that with the starterkit before, I will look up how to do it again and edit my post.

Would you like any help with the game? I am looking to join a team. I am a slow spriter, and I mainly have to edit things but I can sprite meh, I can map and event fine, and I have been using the RPG maker series sense 2005 :D

Though I mainly use GM now lol

EDIT:
Found the hapiness checking:

Sets pokemon in slot 0's hapiness to variable 53, you just need to configure it for your game, also you may need to do a check to see where pikachu is in the party

Wow! Thanks a lot. Um, if you would like to be um...a mapper. I can loan you the tileset. I really need somebody to help me remake the original yellow maps.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Sure thing!
Do you have MSN or AIM, I can contact you there to get information, but if not PM is fine I guess ^_^

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
you wouldnt happen to need an idealist would you?

oh and btw, i just noticed, the menu feels a little cluttered..... i mean on both sides of the screen it looks kinda disorganised.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
you wouldnt happen to need an idealist would you?

oh and btw, i just noticed, the menu feels a little cluttered..... i mean on both sides of the screen it looks kinda disorganised.

Actually the term idealist isn't used that way. But yeah I could use someone to help me with the features.

And about the menu, it isn't always like that. It only appears when you press 'x'

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Is pokemon sparkling yellow and it's speacial edition going to be worked on at the sametime or will you finish sparkling yellow and then start working on the special edition?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Is pokemon sparkling yellow and it's speacial edition going to be worked on at the sametime or will you finish sparkling yellow and then start working on the special edition?

Once, I finish the regular edition. I will make the Special Edition.

I know I haven't updated in a while. I had to reboot my computer since it got some stupid spyware :P

But, I do have a new idea.

Character Customization.
This feature, you will be able to change your outfit, Such as a Team Rocket's outfit, A Bug Catcher's outfit, etc.

When you wear these new outfits, certain things will be unlocked, such as getting into TR's bases, specific bug catching contests. Things like that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
really like the look of this, but just looking at your sig...gary's first pokemon is squirtel, not eevee

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
really like the look of this, but just looking at your sig...gary's first pokemon is squirtel, not eevee

Actually, in Red+Blue his Pokemon is the type that your pokemon is vulnerable against.

But, in Yellow, his Pokemon is Eevee ;)

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I don't like the idea of changing outfits, it doesn't seem pokemonish to me.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
For those of you who want to know, I have been working on this game. Not as much, but it has gotten some progress.

I have had some trouble with the game. Alucus is going to start the Pokemon Center Tiles, so once I have those, the demo will be released.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Can't wait :D
By the by, when am I going to map something? @_@

Back