• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Sparkling Yellow

What region should I add after Kanto?

• Johto

Votes: 182 43.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 58 13.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Orre

Votes: 129 31.0%

• Total voters

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
No mean to mini-mod, but your are asking for a release date, which is against the rules. :/

Thanks, and if he read a couple posts on the previous page, it would tell him.

The demo is going to be released: FEBRUARY 12th

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
oops sorry i thought since he said on one post he would probally release tommorow, not tommorow as in real time thats what he said on a post and it is techincally late if he didn't sa probally i thought it would not be against the rules. i am very sorry.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Nice! I want to play this. Yellow was always my favorite and I just love what you have done with it so far. ^_^

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Well, I guess there really isn't much to it. I am going to upload the demo with brief message.

Thanks for all the support on allowing me to make this demo, and supporting me on this.

PLEASE REPORT ALL GLITCHES/BUGS TO ME BY PM, OR POST!

-->DEMO LINK<--

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Okay, a glitch:
If you walk into the Pokemart in Viridian City using th right entrance, you still get the same
walking movement, and you get stuck in the right desk. =.=

I hadn't saved yet, so it was really annoying.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
So far, I've noticed that if you try to change screen size, it will crash. As I play through I'll make some notes...
- Why hasn't the battle theme been changed to a Pokémon one (same for the victory theme)?
- The backsprite for the Trainer is still Brendan from RSE?
- The dialogue can get kind of redundant sometimes. At one point the word "Pokémon" was used in four sentences in a row.
- When you exit Oak's lab from the sidedoor you are stuck on the roof.
- There is no healing jingle when you heal your Pokémon at the center.
- When you enter the Virdian City PokéMart from the right side, you are stuck/glitched. -_- This is getting annoying.
- When Oak is taking your Pokémon to the computer it would be best to implement a "Wait for Move's Completion"; otherwise, the player is able to move freely while this is happening.
- Kay... Uhh... there is simply a gaping black hole to the west of Viridian City?
- There is nothing blocking the Gym. You can walk on top of the door.
- I think that's it?

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
So far, I've noticed that if you try to change screen size, it will crash. As I play through I'll make some notes...
- Why hasn't the battle theme been changed to a Pokémon one (same for the victory theme)?
- The backsprite for the Trainer is still Brendan from RSE?
- The dialogue can get kind of redundant sometimes. At one point the word "Pokémon" was used in four sentences in a row.
- When you exit Oak's lab from the sidedoor you are stuck on the roof.
- There is no healing jingle when you heal your Pokémon at the center.
- When you enter the Virdian City PokéMart from the right side, you are stuck/glitched. -_- This is getting annoying.
- When Oak is taking your Pokémon to the computer it would be best to implement a "Wait for Move's Completion"; otherwise, the player is able to move freely while this is happening.
- Kay... Uhh... there is simply a gaping black hole to the west of Viridian City?
- There is nothing blocking the Gym. You can walk on top of the door.
- I think that's it?

Wow. Um. I didn't realize all of those glitches. I am soo sorry. I will fix those as soon as I can. I may get the newer version out by Sunday.

Okay, a glitch:
If you walk into the Pokemart in Viridian City using th right entrance, you still get the same
walking movement, and you get stuck in the right desk. =.=

I hadn't saved yet, so it was really annoying.

Again, I am so sorry.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Awesome Guy! for the Vehicle thing in Orre I suggest an airplane landing in some random city in between the PKMN HQ and That coastal city that goes to citadark isle.That way you could implement some team rocket or snagem members on the thing and have some sort of takeover event that leads to Events in orre!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
Awesome Guy! for the Vehicle thing in Orre I suggest an airplane landing in some random city in between the PKMN HQ and That coastal city that goes to citadark isle.That way you could implement some team rocket or snagem members on the thing and have some sort of takeover event that leads to Events in orre!

Or the two teams could be complete rivals and you somehow get stuck in in the middle some sort of war between them

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
That too.Anyways I will keep reading for updates.I'm trying to learn about RMXP right now so I can start on my project.Hopefully i can release it by the end of the year if i get everything together.

I just played the opening of the demo.Its not bad!The only bugs i see are that they jump out of the grass and not the fence yet, and you cant resize the game.Also there isnothing on the title screen except Pikachu and the word pokemon but i guess you already knew that.But i like it!Not an EXACT remake but i like this one better than the old one.

lso from entering from the side door of the pokemart,the game freezes...

lso from entering from the side door of the pokemart,the game freezes...

Did i mention your sprite is Brendan from Emerald?But again i guess you knew that...

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow. I do realize that there are a lot of glitches. I plan on fixing them.

But one quick question. I am thinking of changing the graphics to HG/SS.

What do you guys think about this? I understand you used to like the old graphics better. But, these new HG/SS graphics will be improved. Muuch Much improved.

Changes?
- New Player Overworld (Including Female)
- More detail into the maps and graphics.
- Some extra custom tiles.

That's it so far.

By the looks of it, I am also probably going to need a new tiler to tile. PM me if you want to be a tiler. You must have proof of work!

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Wow. I do realize that there are a lot of glitches. I plan on fixing them.

But one quick question. I am thinking of changing the graphics to HG/SS.

What do you guys think about this? I understand you used to like the old graphics better. But, these new HG/SS graphics will be improved. Muuch Much improved.

Changes?
- New Player Overworld (Including Female)
- More detail into the maps and graphics.
- Some extra custom tiles.

That's it so far.

By the looks of it, I am also probably going to need a new tiler to tile. PM me if you want to be a tiler. You must have proof of work!
You should use your old graphics or the HG/SS Graphics

Oh and I found a glitch if you use the pokemon center in pewter city you end up in viridian city.

Back