• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I'd just like to throw it out that not having chubby characters is nooot really a pattern. Mainly because most body types qualify as "skinny" and only a couple qualify as "chubby".

Skin and Bones, Underweight, Normal, Athletic, Overweight, Obese

That's in order from lowest to highest weight, though athletic can often overlap overweight body builds in terms of weight at first.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'd just like to throw it out that not having chubby characters is nooot really a pattern. Mainly because most body types qualify as "skinny" and only a couple qualify as "chubby".

Skin and Bones, Underweight, Normal, Athletic, Overweight, Obese

That's in order from lowest to highest weight, though athletic can often overlap overweight body builds in terms of weight at first.

Well, yes, but when I said that I was basically saying that all my characters are like . . . really skinny. They don't come close to being chubby, and not athletic a lot of the time either. A lot of them are girls, though . . . xD
They also all lay in the 12-20 age range. I think.

I have . . . so many characters. I need to somehow find them all and compile a huge list. I HAVE SO MANY. Especially if you include NPCs. :x

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
OK, so I'm in the process of making a Medieval RP with a Co-GM. We were wondering ahead of time if we should make this a all human RP, or add in mythical races as well for people to use? Either way, we're sure there will still be magic, and all the other good stuff, but we're not sure if people would prefer an all-human medieval RP, or one with mythical races as well. We can also have it a bit of both, where mythical races are in it, but non-usable by the RPers, or we can have it that there are non at all.

Which would you prefer? Feedback and interest would be appreciated. This isn't something that would come out too soon, however, but rather closer to the summer.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
@ Supervegeta: Personal, i'v always preferred RP's with different races than Humans. It makes the RP more fun, and a more fun character to play to. Plus if it would be set in the Medieval Times, then different races would be perfect and make the story line gr8. :)

Who would your favorite RP character be? It doesn't have to be your own.

Well.... That's a hard decision, but I would say maybe.... Yaibe, played by Shiny Diamond in PMD Rescue Team of Amidala. :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
OK, so I'm in the process of making a Medieval RP with a Co-GM. We were wondering ahead of time if we should make this a all human RP, or add in mythical races as well for people to use? Either way, we're sure there will still be magic, and all the other good stuff, but we're not sure if people would prefer an all-human medieval RP, or one with mythical races as well. We can also have it a bit of both, where mythical races are in it, but non-usable by the RPers, or we can have it that there are non at all.

Which would you prefer? Feedback and interest would be appreciated. This isn't something that would come out too soon, however, but rather closer to the summer.

lol but I'm like already making one :(

I have already said this before, an all human medieval RP would be good. Elves and dwarves are overused and cliched now, imo.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, not all fantasy settings have to have dwarfs and elves. There are many races that you can choose from SV. Personally I like RPs that lets the player have a say in race so in my opinion go with different races. Most fantasy settings I know of have Lizardmen, Drow, Fairies, Nymphs, Griffons, Dragons, Beast men, kobolds, etc.

... yeah, I play a lot of D&D. But still, if you allow players the option of choosing a different race it just give them the ability to make a more unique character. I've always found it a bit weird that most D&D parties are all humans, or all elves, or just stick to the main races. In that diverse a world I would expect at least one of the players to choose a non standard race. My first DM actually encouraged us to choose different races since it would actually change things up from the standard Every hero was a human, is a human, and will always be a human.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
My favorite character would be Kilik. He's in my signature of course, & he's also in Pokemon Fallout.

You know what kind of RP I'm more interested in? A Final Fantasy RP. Since I first started the first game, which was a month ago, I've been obsessed with the series. It would be cool if someone would make a Final Fantasy RP. I know it would include a LOT of work, but still.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
...Last Time I checked Final Fantasy had an extremely inconsistent theme with the complete lack of any remotely long term canonity. owo There are very few things I think about immediately besides standard black/white magic and a couple of races that reccur several times. (Moogles and Chocobos?) Oh and random humans running around with world/reality destroying powers that for some reason don't /actually/ devistate the world every time they're used. (Deja Vu fantasy RPGs everywhere, am I right?)

So my question would be how would one make a "final fantasy" roleplay? The obvious answer is to select any one game and base it off that, but still.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
...Last Time I checked Final Fantasy had an extremely inconsistent theme with the complete lack of any remotely long term canonity. owo There are very few things I think about immediately besides standard black/white magic and a couple of races that reccur several times. (Moogles and Chocobos?) Oh and random humans running around with world/reality destroying powers that for some reason don't /actually/ devistate the world every time they're used. (Deja Vu fantasy RPGs everywhere, am I right?)

So my question would be how would one make a "final fantasy" roleplay? The obvious answer is to select any one game and base it off that, but still.

It's because each Final Fantasy game is its own separate story. Each one takes place in a different place in a different time period. There are exceptions to this such as X-2 and XIII-2, but all of them are different stories. There is no linear story involved, which makes it easier for a new gamer to pick one up since he doesn't have to have any previous knowledge on the other games. The way magic works is just to have familiar gameplay and the reason chocobos and moogles appear in games because they are the the mascots of the game series.

On the subject of the Final Fantasy RP, we had one when I joined. Game Over1375 GMed it but it died out. It was set in Ivalice and we had a good start to it as well.

By the way which game did you start ShinyDiamond? I've played X, XII, part of XIII, Tatics Advance, Tatics, And Tactics A2. There are a whole lot of games and they are all fun in their own little ways.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
It's because each Final Fantasy game is its own separate story. Each one takes place in a different place in a different time period. There are exceptions to this such as X-2 and XIII-2, but all of them are different stories. There is no linear story involved, which makes it easier for a new gamer to pick one up since he doesn't have to have any previous knowledge on the other games. The way magic works is just to have familiar gameplay and the reason chocobos and moogles appear in games because they are the the mascots of the game series.

On the subject of the Final Fantasy RP, we had one when I joined. Game Over1375 GMed it but it died out. It was set in Ivalice and we had a good start to it as well.

By the way which game did you start ShinyDiamond? I've played X, XII, part of XIII, Tatics Advance, Tatics, And Tactics A2. There are a whole lot of games and they are all fun in their own little ways.

I played Final Fantasy I, the first game. I already passed it a few day ago & am currently playing Final Fantasy II as we speak.if each game has it's own different timeline, then perhaps we could make up our own? >.> I'm just suggesting.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I played Final Fantasy I, the first game. I already passed it a few day ago & am currently playing Final Fantasy II as we speak.if each game has it's own different timeline, then perhaps we could make up our own? >.> I'm just suggesting.

You could. A staple of every Final Fantasy game is having of course the magic and combat but you could also consider putting jobs in there as well. You would have to make up your own villains but stuff such as the summons, enemies, and magic you can borrow from any game in the series. If you really are interested in making a RP you can always check out the final fantasy wikia here. It has a ton of info on all of the games. Since your playing the first one I'm thinking that you got the port on the PSP right?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
You could. A staple of every Final Fantasy game is having of course the magic and combat but you could also consider putting jobs in there as well. You would have to make up your own villains but stuff such as the summons, enemies, and magic you can borrow from any game in the series. If you really are interested in making a RP you can always check out the final fantasy wikia here. It has a ton of info on all of the games. Since your playing the first one I'm thinking that you got the port on the PSP right?

:) Thanks for the link. & uh, I downloaded Final Fantasy I on my mobile. I did the same with Final Fantasy II. Hopefullly I'll have time to make a Final Fantasy RP.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@SV YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. WITH DRAGONS AND UNICORNS AND GRIFFONS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im done now.

as for final fantasy, you could have one in ivalice, the most common ff world.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@TiTaN.JuStIn Yeah Dragon are FTW. I remember I actually joined a D&D session where one of the players was a dragon. Of course to not be super powerful he had to be an extremely young dragon that was only fifty years old and had just been allowed to go into the world. Needless to say he had an attitude and most of our near death experiences was attributed to his characters 'curiosity'. I personally think he just had a agenda to see how far his character could push us before we would decide to have dragon stew for dinner.

@Skymin Someone's very excited... or had too much sugar recently.

@ShinyDiamond Yeah, Ivalice is the most fleshed out world in Final Fantasy so if you're still unfamiliar with all of the different worlds then it would probably be a good idea to set it in Ivalice. It would also help hard core FF players by having a familiar setting.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Oh, hey everyone. Just dropping by to say 'Hi!'

My 'Senpai' advised me to drop a line here, so here I am.

I'm new to the forums, and am very interested in the RP section. It sounds like a fun place. I hope I get the chance to work with you people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back