• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New towns speculation thread!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Although we've hardly seen a glimpse of what the new world will look like, I think we've seen enough to make some good guesses about where our journies will take us next October. So what kind of towns are you hoping/expecting to come up in Gen VI?

From the announcement video the game looked to me to be somewhat old-fashioned and very adventurous in respect to the world/towns, so perhaps we'll be seeing some old western style cities or maybe even a jungle town! Perhaps even a city within a cave or mountain?

Years
tumblr_mgb1f0STcv1rqwsbko1_500.png

If this is any indication as to what the big city of the game is going to be, then..YES.

tumblr_mgb17tbIZT1r6xrqvo2_500.png

(is this the same tower? are we in FRANCE??)

I don't know. I'm hoping to see some originality with this generation. I want something cooler than a city in the trees or floating in the ocean on Corsola. I've got high hopes n_n

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
There were a few glimpses of city-like places in the video such as the one mentioned above which sort of looks like the player is in front of the Eiffel Tower. I'm not too sure but I'm guessing Pokemon's X and Y towns will be a mix of famous cities and places in real-life along with a few new twists of its own, perhaps an area filled with obstacle courses, a forest inhabited by a tribe, I can't wait to see what's going to happen <3.

Years
I want to see some old European based cities, with lots of towers and cobblestone. I'd love to see more country towns, like Floccesy, Floccesy was beautiful. I'd love for them to based off of France, maybe Fantina could visit! :D

But I'd also love to see a region or area based off of Ireland. Rolling green hills of clover, quick showers of rain...

Beautiful.

(actually Ireland/New Zealand (omg the shire) is what I want)

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I also noticed the Eiffel tower thingy. It would be cool if we get to go to France, one of my favorite places to visit. As for what I want, I've always wanted a city that's in a rain forest, just my personal little goal, I guess. I think it would be cool to be surrounded by trees, and maybe drops fall from the leaves every now and then, but yeah. It's just a little thing I want.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I think that there will be more metropolitan cities than in previous games. Though I think that we will also be seeing a wider diversity in all of the towns. I believe that there will be towns with certain seasons that will be all day long. Maybe there will be a town underwater? I think that there will also be very rural towns too. I think most of the towns will be futuristic and like the bigger cities of today.

I hope to see some beautiful scenery throughout the game.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd like to see a town that has things like stone hedges and stuff like that, so it would give that European feel to that particular town. But I'd also like to see a high-tech city as well, like how Opelucid City was in Pokémon Black.

And what about a resort of some kind? That would nice to have as well.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I quite like to see something steampunk thrown in, just for a little variety: gears, clockwork, old-fashioned industrial factories, maybe a steam train or two, etc. I doubt there will be room for it, but it'd be a nice change from rustic countryside and modern cities.

A ghost town would be interesting as well...or somewhere with very few people that had that haunted feeling to it. Something like Lavender Town, but spooky, rather than just sombre.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I hope the towns are absolutely vibrant, sort of like the towns and cities you see in the cities on France like this one here:

lyon_city_card_3.jpg

But at the same time, I do like to see more variety used in creating these towns and cities, like in Fortree City or in Solopolis City~

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Although we've hardly seen a glimpse of what the new world will look like, I think we've seen enough to make some good guesses about where our journies will take us next October. So what kind of towns are you hoping/expecting to come up in Gen VI?

From the announcement video the game looked to me to be somewhat old-fashioned and very adventurous in respect to the world/towns, so perhaps we'll be seeing some old western style cities or maybe even a jungle town! Perhaps even a city within a cave or mountain?

I doubt jungle town if it is based of europe. Also, if it IS based off Europe don't expect any deserts unless you happen to be in Pokémon equivalent of Spain. It is likely that a city may be built into a cave/mountain. I'm guessing the mueseum will be built into a cave.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I doubt jungle town if it is based of europe. Also, if it IS based off Europe don't expect any deserts unless you happen to be in Pokémon equivalent of Spain. It is likely that a city may be built into a cave/mountain. I'm guessing the mueseum will be built into a cave.
There is no desert in New York, but Unova had one anyway. I think it's safe to say that even if the region is primarily based off of France, it won't stop GameFreak from incorporating other European styles and locations as well. This will help diversify the region and not make it feel flat or dull in the manner of speaking.

To echo those who've already mentioned it, I'd love to see some of the towns with cobblestone streets and old buildings and towers. But like some have also said, I'd also want some towns or outside routes to have rolling green hills, old farms, etc. and so on.

I think with a European edge, many of the towns can turn out to be quite charming and beautiful. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope the towns are absolutely vibrant, sort of like the towns and cities you see in the cities on France like this one here:

But at the same time, I do like to see more variety used in creating these towns and cities, like in Fortree City or in Solopolis City~

I really like the look of that and I hope they have a bridge leading to a town somewhere that looks like that. :( But the buildings look interesting, which will allow in-game to have a more interesting feel to it (as seen from Unova generation onwards).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I would love to see a bride like that in-game. I feel it would be strange for most cities being all huge, but maybe cool. Hm I would also love to see some Ireland influences.

Town-wise I would like to see about sunnyside? with glass sidewalks and all.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
I'd like to see one huge, central city, like Saffron, but much, much larger! Seeing the Eiffel Tower-like object and the city around it, it seems that I may get my wish.
I would like a less depressing palleted region as well. (Like HG/SS and R/S/E, or Flocessy in W2/B2) The darker colors of the Unova region's main portion just wasn't my thing. At least, I saw them darker.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Hmm, If it was based on France that would be cool. Since there was what seemed to be the Eiffel Tower, I wouldn't be surprised if it was based on France. I would love to see bridges back again though because the bridges were 3D and the Nintendo DS wasnt made for 3D. I would also love to see creativity like the cities in Hoenn.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I'd love to see some new ways to travel to each of the unknown cities. I'd also like to see something like travelling to other regions to extend your journey and have something else to do after-main game. Having a broad variety of cities in Gen 6 would be totally wonderful, instead of what has already been in-putted into previous generations, but, seeing some of the note-worthy cities from past games in a new vista would be amazing.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I'd like my OWN house I can decorate, PokeMOM from every generation! >.<

Animal Crossing meets Pokemon...?

Give me my own town AND gym! Have people playing Pokemon online challenge my gym! Mwahagahaaa!

Back