• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendly Competition, 3 pokemon, fire red

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Some friends and I decided to have a little competition on our fire red/leaf green games. To speed things up, we will only use three pokemon per battle. Also, there are three of us, each one of us begins with a different starter. Mine is squirtle.

Our rules:
no glitch exploitation
no trading with other games (including to evolve)
no legendary pokemon (mewtwo, lugia, ho-oh, zapdos, moltres, articuno, entei, raikou, suicune, etc)
semi legendary pokemon are ok (dragonite, tyrannitar, etc)
After every second badge, is acquired, all of us will stop training and have a single battle. another will be after the pokemon league.
as said above, you can only use 3 pokemon in a battle

Also, you technically don't have to use your starter in later battles. its only required in the first one.

Here's what I had in mind:

Aerodactyl
Adamant or lonely
Moves:
Earthquake
Rock slide
Double-edge
Fly (dont think he can get drill peck)

Jolteon
Mild
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
Pin missile
not sure

either.....

Blastoise
Relaxed
Moves:
Surf
Ice beam
rain dance
not sure.

or

Gyarados
Lonely or adamant
Moves:
Surf
Ice beam
Flamethrower
maybe shockwave?

What do ya'll think? will it work?

Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put this in the "what's your team" thread because that thread is literally for stating your team and I wasn't sure if posting there would be proper. I apologize if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll move this to CBC, since that's the place you wanna go for good battle strategy. But that Gyarados ummm lol why would you ever want an Adamant nature on a purely special attacking Gyarados? Why even a special attacking Gyarados in the first place? That's just terrible. Gyarados is meant for physical attacking. Personally, since this is gen III, I'd just skip out on the Gyarados entirely, because it doesn't really get good usage of its STAB moves until the next generation. And Aerodactyl is pretty frail...you're not gonna want Lonely. It doesn't need the loss of defense. You definitely want Adamant on that thing. The same applies to the Jolteon. You don't need frail Pokemon taking a defense loss. But you should pick something better than Jolteon. Its movepool is shallow. I love Jolteon, but I'd take Electrode or even Raichu over that...unfortunately, you're stuck to generation I Pokemon. So sorry for you.

But yeah, moving this now...hopefully CBC people don't come in here and say I'm terrible with this stuff, lol. Though, I do recommend you do a little research on what natures do...it seems like you don't have a good concept...a special sweeping Adamant Gyarados is just...terrible. Even when it's not Adamant. lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Some friends and I decided to have a little competition on our fire red/leaf green games. To speed things up, we will only use three pokemon per battle. Also, there are three of us, each one of us begins with a different starter. Mine is squirtle.

Our rules:
no glitch exploitation
no trading with other games (including to evolve)
no legendary pokemon (mewtwo, lugia, ho-oh, zapdos, moltres, articuno, entei, raikou, suicune, etc)
semi legendary pokemon are ok (dragonite, tyrannitar, etc)
After every second badge, is acquired, all of us will stop training and have a single battle. another will be after the pokemon league.
as said above, you can only use 3 pokemon in a battle

Also, you technically don't have to use your starter in later battles. its only required in the first one.

Here's what I had in mind:

Aerodactyl
Adamant or lonely
Moves:
Earthquake
Rock slide
Double-edge
Fly (dont think he can get drill peck)

Jolteon
Mild
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
Pin missile
not sure

either.....

Blastoise
Relaxed
Moves:
Surf
Ice beam
rain dance
not sure.

or

Gyarados
Lonely or adamant
Moves:
Surf
Ice beam
Flamethrower
maybe shockwave?

What do ya'll think? will it work?

Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put this in the "what's your team" thread because that thread is literally for stating your team and I wasn't sure if posting there would be proper. I apologize if I am wrong.

Aerodactly @ Choice Band
252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Trait: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Wing Attack

Slap a Choice Band on this, makes it extremely powerful. Needs a Jolly Nature to capitalize on its top notch speed. Fly is a bad move as they can just switch to a resist use Hidden Power Flying instead, if you cant breed for hidden powers just use Wing Attack instead.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid Nature
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass/Ice] / Agility
- Thunderbolt

Jolteon is one of those Pokemon who essentially NEED a hidden power to work properly you could put Agility over it to Baton Pass it to your pokemon but you lose coverage. Up to you though. If not there is always this to use instead;

Electabuzz@Leftovers
84 Atk / 208 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Cross Chop
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power Grass / Fire Punch

Awesome coverage pretty much.

Gyarados@ Leftovers
68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power Flying
- Earthquake

Dont use special moves on Gyarados, its sp.att is pathetic. Hidden Powe Flying is the best STAB this thing has along with EQ for coverage. Dragon Dance to increase your speed and attack whilst Taunt stops status moves and other non attacking moves. Another option to replace it and toise would be this if you cant breed Hidden Powers;

Starmie@Leftovers
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
Trait: Natural Cure
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Recover

Totally outclasses Blastoise in the special department. Amazing speed, special attack and movepool AND Natural Cure. Dont use Blastoise when this is available to you.

Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Thanks for all the help!

I can't believe I didn't think of starmie, good call!

Back