• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hack of the Year 2013 Discussion Thread

This thread is where discussions regarding the Hack of the Year competition can be held. We're trying out some new competition rules and a different voting method this year so please read up on those changes in the nomination thread.

Please keep all conversation civil and respectful.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Flora Sky and Glazed may win this year. These two games I really love

I think Flora Sky isn't eligible because it hasn't been worked on in 2013.

Question: Once the Nomination round is finished, will we get to see the full results of the votes?

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I really hope Liquid Crystal gets votes as HotY but then again I really liked Pokemon Christmas due to its features.. I do hope they win. Gen II ftw!

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
It doesn't even matter anymore. If last year's any indication, anything actually worthy of winning has no chance

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but,

I would just like to say that I want my hack, Pokémon DarkViolet, to be withdrawn from any nominations (just for this year). Even though it's steadily increasing in popularity, I don't want a hack that only has three badges in the most recent release to be considered for "Hack of the Year". Maybe next year.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I think Flora Sky isn't eligible because it hasn't been worked on in 2013.

Question: Once the Nomination round is finished, will we get to see the full results of the votes?

Yes, all of the votes will be made public once the votes are closed.

If YAFRH doesn't at least win Sideshow HOTY if not overall HOTY I'll be mildly upset.

Since YAFRH is in the Sideshow Showcase it is only eligible for the Sideshow Showcase HotY rather than HotY itself.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but,

I would just like to say that I want my hack, Pokémon DarkViolet, to be withdrawn from any nominations (just for this year). Even though it's steadily increasing in popularity, I don't want a hack that only has three badges in the most recent release to be considered for "Hack of the Year". Maybe next year.

Okay then, I'll update the other thread to reflect this.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I vote for pokemon Red adventures :d BECASUE OF ITS ACCURACY TO THE MANGA STORYLINE AND THE DARK HUMOR AND ACCURATE GAMEPLAY

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Totally Pokemon Glazed. Best one this year.
Too much FR hacks, and I love Emerald hacks myself :3
Too bad Sovereign of the Skies has no English version.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I wanted also focus on other generation hacks, that's why apart from 1 3rd generation hack I voted also a couple Gen2 Hacks.

People always often ignore older generation hacks because they're harder to hack since, while Gen3 hacks have a bunch of programs, these are based almost only on hex-editing asm since there are only a very few programs.

Yes, Gen3 hacks are very very popular (expecially FR\LG ones) but maybe the public should at least know also something about other Generation hacks and know different ways of hacking.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I vote for Red Adventures Red's Story it has very complex scripting, follows the manga 100% perfectly with some bonus chapters he created. Glazed at a close second though.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I wanted also focus on other generation hacks, that's why apart from 1 3rd generation hack I voted also a couple Gen2 Hacks.

People always often ignore older generation hacks because they're harder to hack since, while Gen3 hacks have a bunch of programs, these are based almost only on hex-editing asm since there are only a very few programs.

Yes, Gen3 hacks are very very popular (expecially FR\LG ones) but maybe the public should at least know also something about other Generation hacks and know different ways of hacking.
Well there are of course also people who could easily make, even better, GB/C hacks than we do, but they still prefer hacking gen III pokemon games.
And I don't think gen I and II hacks are ignored because of them being harder to hack - it's just that kids are so addicted to graphics these days that anything other than "eye-catching" won't do - no matter what the real contents of the game are. It's not just about hacking - I'm talking about games in overall.

As for what comes to my own voting - I don't think I'll vote at all. The reason for this is the fact that I don't really care how this turns out, and besides, there's my own hack which I think, deserved to do fine in a couple of voting categories.

Last edited:
Years
CrystalDust got my vote in some categories but i dont think it will get hack of the year because there were no major updates
Imo Red Adventures should get it because it was made months ago and evolved into a very nice hack the story is awesome and there are a lot of cool scripts and "cutscenes" you wont see anywhere else
Bonus chapters and npc dialogues are funny and there are references to tv shows memes etc
The only drawback are bugs but most seem to be fixed on the upcoming beta which comes in just 5 days..
Overall very good hack and the creator seems to have worked really hard
Graphically and with scripting id go with Giratinas Legend which looks like a DS hack lol but its still not released :(
Maybe a 2014 hoty if it gets released :D

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
Totally gonna ride the wave here in the discussion and say Red's adventure for the win~ I love the manga just as much as the game and the way that he's made the game is absolutely awesome. The next beta coming out soon has me biting my nails for probably my favorite part in the manga! I'm as excited for this as for the walking dead season 2 to come out on steam!
But seriously, it's a great game and I always recommend it to people wanting to play hacks~

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Here are my bets for Sideshow:
-Yet Another Fire Red Hack will have a decent following, and will probably win. It should be winning anyway.
-Most of the posters in the Expert Emerald and Fire Red: Generations threads are too new and only stick around to post once, so I don't really expect many of them to vote. I could be wrong though: the pure volume of people looking at it may be enough to topple all the others over out of just plain popularity.
-FireRed Throwback may have a shocking come-from-behind victory.

CrystalDust and Dark Energy deserve some love, but I think Red's Adventure will steal the HOTY for sure. DarkViolet would have had a real shot if the hacker didn't decline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back