• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

In your opinion who was the best girl to accompany Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest123_x1

I'd say Misty was the best of the girls that accompanied Ash. Despite her fiery attitude (which I found comical at times), she was really the one to advise or redirect Ash whenever he did something wrong or stupid.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
May's always been my favorite. Misty was just too mean for my tastes, and Dawn was just so cheery and unrealistic. Iris is just plan annoying. May is a great coordinator and a pretty decent battler, and she and Ash really seemed to have a nice connection.

Years
May was awesome! She didn't have an annoying voice like Dawn... but i'm an Advancedshipper so I MAY be talking just because of that... I have other may puns too

MAY you have a nice day!
What month is it... MAY?

People sent these to my vms on another forum when I told them I was May x Ash

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I'm very partial forwards May, probably somewhat because her gen was new and shiny, and she introduced contests, and she was a complete change up from Misty. I also just like her character, and her manga counterpart. As far as interactions with Ash, I prefer May and Misty, as opposed to Dawn or Iris.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Most certainly Misty. Do I even need to explain why Misty is my favorite again? xD My second favorite is Iria because I love it when she puts Ash down by calling him a little kid. I will love that forever. My third favorite is May because she's pretty funny and her temper makes me crack up. My least favorite is Dawn because I just don't like her. I don't think I ever liked her honestly.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Misty was the best companion Ash had on his travels. I just loved the friendship between those two. Also, Misty was just a great character with a lot of depth. Misty was the perfect female character for Ash tbh. Even if they were just friends.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dawn, of course! She's so funny and cute and quirky, I loved every episode that had her in it. I guess I'm slightly biased because I love the Sinnoh region hands down above the others so anything set there would be more appealing, but I think Dawn really brought a refreshing character change to the show and was a great change from the nagging of Misty and the obviousness of May. Plus Dawn's team mimicked what I'd train pretty much Pokémon-for-Pokémon with one or two exceptions, so I can relate to her! I also love Iris, but she's not had as much time as Dawn yet so we'll see what happens.

Hiroki Okazaki

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I defiantly agree with DBZ fan! Misty was the best!. I love your personal break down of Misty and her traits :D

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i think im going to change my previous answer because i now believe that dawn is amazing but may is a close second.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I really loved May the best!She was nice,funny,interesting and pretty
Her storyline was unique and the interactions with Drew and Harley were the best XD

Years
Well, I don't have a favorite. Every girl was unique. I think I'll choose Misty because of nostalgia :P but all were good! :)

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
DBZ fan's comment really breaks down why I thought Misty was the best.

Her fiery personality, dynamic with the group, intelligence, resourcefulness, and motherly tendencies (everything from her kindness, encouragement and even when she sometimes nags Ash and the others) makes her one of the most multi- layered characters I've seen in the anime.

A close second is May. Although Pokemon Contests annoyed me to bits and seemed unnecessary, I'm willing to overlook that in May's case because she went through one of the best developed character arcs I've seen in the anime. Contrary to what we see of her in the beginning, by the end of the Hoenn arc, she found a sense of purpose and independence and when it came to Max, she reminded me of Misty a lot. She really grew as a character (which is more than I can say for Reboot Ketchum.....err....I mean Ash).

I don't know why but everything about Dawn annoyed the hell out of me to the point where the Sinnoh arc took me the longest to watch. Iris, in the anime, is only slightly less annoying and seems to come off as incompetent.

Melody

Banned
Years
Personally I think Dawn is the best female companion Ash had. She's not so unlike Ash that he'd find her particularly annoying. There are some particularly tender moments in the Sinnoh generation anime as well which makes me believe that there really WAS chemistry between them, particularly in the start of the journey. While Misty was great for her time, she was always way too mature for Ash. This kind of pushed her into a sort of "Older Sister" role...which doesn't do much for companionship, even if she did care abut him.

Years
Did someone actually suggest Iris? She has to be one of the most annoying characters in whole series. She kept calling ash a kid despite all his world traveling and encounters with legendary pokemon. Plus her dragonite is a joke to all dragonites everwhere. C'mon, a pissed off, over the top dragon?
On another note, Misty has been the only friend that has bonded closer to Ash and Brock and Tracey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back