• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
@shinygoldash: there is no way to get to the boulder in that area, im pretty sure. also the other ladders wont get me further :S anyway this game is super and i hope to get further :)

Vincent11998

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Glitch

When I went to Goldenrod City,my name changed from VINCENT to VINNT. Is this a glitch?

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Hya Zel!!

Has Mastermind_X already send you the tutorial to edit the Map?
I really hope so!

O jeah! Also:
I was Thinking, Could'nt you change The Rivals Script to a "just-a-trainer" script?
I mean just like you did with Bugcatcher Ard and Carlos!
Because if you do that you can give Lance the Champion Title,
(and also: If you save your game and start it again, there is the text:"you beated the Champion" If you only won a random battle to it :S! If you Give him the Normal trainer status, this wont happen)

Pizzakoe

Last edited:

Vincent11998

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Yes,it's one of the legendary glitches no one knows how it happens. Can you give some information of what you did before?
When this glitch happened,I went to Goldenrod City and talked to this Pokemon Name Rater and than my name changed.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
is carlos going to be at the battle tower cuz u could have a room where u can face all yer rivals.i heard that in the original u could face the rival(you choose the name)in pallet town once u had all 16 badges .are u going to do that or have him at the battle tower.
YOU'RE THE BEST ZEL! if u want me to give u the maps for mt silver just pm me

cool name change!i wonder what name won't get glitched........i have it.the name that won't be glitched..........ZEL(lol)

Last edited:

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Hya Zel!!

Has Mastermind_X already send you the tutorial to edit the Map?
I really hope so!

O jeah! Also:
I was Thinking, Could'nt you change The Rivals Script to a "just-a-trainer" script?
(and also: If you save your game and start it again, there is the text:"you beated the Champion" If you only won a random battle to it :S! If you Give him the Normal trainer status, this wont happen)
is carlos going to be at the battle tower cuz u could have a room where u can face all yer rivals.i heard that in the original u could face the rival(you choose the name)in pallet town once u had all 16 badges .are u going to do that or have him at the battle tower.

cool name change!i wonder what name won't get glitched........i have it.the name that won't be glitched..........ZEL(lol)

Is there even going to be a battle tower in shinygold?

Pizzakoe
Or maybe he could make a new just-a-trainer script and for the music on the script would a clone of the champion music (I don't know if you can do that or not just making a suggestion)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

Pizzakoe

Or maybe he could make a new just-a-trainer script and for the music on the script would a clone of the champion music (I don't know if you can do that or not just making a suggestion)

The problem of giving someone the champion title is that that person will automatically get the rival's name. Knowing it, he gave him that title, changed it to "rival", and now, since that music can't affect anyone more, he will change it for the GSC rival music. If he uses a random title, changes it for "champion" and changes its music for the G/S/C champion music, he would be changing all the music of all the normal battles! Up to date, there isn't any other solution.

And what do you mean with the "just-a-trainer" script?

Pokemon_X

Trainer
Years

actually the place you fought your rival in g/s/c was when you tried to enter the E4 he sometimes showed up and challenged you the trainer in viridian was either a trainer with a lv. 50 of each of the johto starters or the last person you gave a mystery gift(i don't remember if there was anything in pallet (except Oak who gave you the permision to enter mt. silver) though)

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
The problem of giving someone the champion title is that that person will automatically get the rival's name. Knowing it, he gave him that title, changed it to "rival", and now, since that music can't affect anyone more, he will change it for the GSC rival music. If he uses a random title, changes it for "champion" and changes its music for the G/S/C champion music, he would be changing all the music of all the normal battles! Up to date, there isn't any other solution.

And what do you mean with the "just-a-trainer" script?

regular trainers, I'm talking about just making another trainer class and assigning a clone of the champion music to that new trainer class. (if you can do that at all)

Zowayix

hi
Years
hmm... strange about all the name changing, but my name in ShinyGold is "Zowayix" and it hasn't changed at all...

And I think that there seem to be too many phone booths in Goldenrod City.

[offtopic]Is it possible to add an extra trainer BGM to the game, that is, to add another trainer BGM without overwriting an existing one?[/offtopic]

Pieandcowz

Teh Moo Cow
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
great game but my save file got corrupted and i had to start all over....

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2007
I started working on a Locations Pokedex for this game yesterday. I wonder if Zel will let me post it if it ever gets finished, or if he wants to keep the location of rare Hoenn Pokemon a secret? I've only found 4 different ones so far (Poochyena, Wingull, Nincada, and Zigzagoon) but I intend to keep trying until I find them all.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
I started working on a Locations Pokedex for this game yesterday. I wonder if Zel will let me post it if it ever gets finished, or if he wants to keep the location of rare Hoenn Pokemon a secret? I've only found 4 different ones so far (Poochyena, Wingull, Nincada, and Zigzagoon) but I intend to keep trying until I find them all.

you'll have to pm him for that

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm liking the phone booth ideia, but isn't it a bit too much two in the same screen?
I think only one per city would be enough, but it's ur hack....
Keep it up!

Well, Goldenrod is a big city, don't you think it would be reasonable to have more than one phone booth there? (yeah, all of them have the same effect, anyway)

sorry zel. i got a bit carried away.can i help u.i have played every game so i could tell u some ideas through pm ing. could u tell me if u would like to have me as a helper.shiny gold rocks

SHINY GOLD RULES!

No, I don't need any help for now. I'll ask when I do.

Great hack zel, i relly cant belive that i have been reading like the 175 last pages of shiny golds forum, Shiny gold is the reason to i join this plase, so keep up, and your new tiltle i locking great!!!

175 pages... Hmmm... Close to the >200 that I had to read for the FAQs in this thread's first post :P

Yes, the same problem happens to me! Zel, maby when you'll enter 6 or 7 letters name, the game will cut it (makes 2 letters shorter). I had Marcin, and when I saved and load the game, it cuts it to "marn":\

I'm sure that it must be some problem in the rom you are using, but... who knows? It's still a mystery to me...

When this glitch happened,I went to Goldenrod City and talked to this Pokemon Name Rater and than my name changed.

Name Rater causes the problem...? Confirmations Anyone?

Yeah, if you want to do it, go ahead and give me a link when you are finished.

Well, for the "Trainer Class" assignation to Silver, remember, it's related to the BGM for him. If it's possible to change the BGM that will be played for the trainer to be battled (most likely ASM would be needed), then I'll fix that.

Okay, these will be the beginning of the screenshots of new stuff!
And we start with Rock Tunnel.

image015bc0.png
image016pa8.png
image017nj2.png

That's all. Don't think I'll be posting new screenshots every day, it's gonna be a little slower this time ;)

[EDIT]: Oops... I forgot to tell that I am working on the Trick House's maps. So far I have 8 out of 11 maps available for the next Beta.

Last edited:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Yes! It's the season for Screenies! ^^ I cant wait to see what you have to offer.. Good Luck Zel!

Back