• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is everyone afraid of hacked pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't know if they still can, but at least in the past they had a possibility of ruining your entire game, making you lose all your Pokemon and your save file. Also, they can be banned from online battling and such, so if you trade a good, legit Pokemon for a hacked one to battle with without realizing, you're screwed pretty much. There are so many shortcuts in the game, why hack anyway?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Being banned from online battling is one reason, but another one is because people think that obtaining pokemon from an Action Replay takes away from the game a bit. It's more rewarding to train your pokemon rather than hack to get it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
If this is for trading, people aren't afraid of them. They just like to know if it is a hack or not. I don't want to trade my legitimate event pokemon for some sav generated pokemon that appears to be legit that takes all the sport out of it and is false advertising.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Yeah, but some people like to get certain pokemon early in the game like rufflet and train them from the start too, that can also be rewarding, I guess it's all about your outlook. Also the way getting a pokemon by action replay works is by modifying wild pokemon, so you have to catch it and everything.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
Years
Being banned from online battling is one reason, but another one is because people think that obtaining pokemon from an Action Replay takes away from the game a bit. It's more rewarding to train your pokemon rather than hack to get it.

This. I don't like to feel like I'm cheating, it ruins the fun.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, but some people like to get certain pokemon early in the game like rufflet and train them from the start too, that can also be rewarding, I guess it's all about your outlook. Also the way getting a pokemon by action replay works is by modifying wild pokemon, so you have to catch it and everything.

Well if you're already hacking in stats, you might as well hack in a catch rate maxed out, right?

I'm even uncomfortable with RNG, which is considered completely legitimate in the general community's eyes. There's something about knowing that things they want you to work for can be just grabbed by people that want to look up how kind of bothers me. Although there are challenges where you're expected to hack in Pokemon from the beginning, like the Eeveelution challenge.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
For the most part people just think it takes away from the game. You can easily hack some pokemon but it's way more rewarding to acquire a pokemon legitly and that's why you play pokemon games, to catch them alllll! Not hack them all.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

With online trading as well as GTS negotiations, it's incredibly easy to obtain virtually any Pokémon near the beginning of the game. Through GTS negotiations, I was able to get a Rufflet before I even got the third badge. It is not an excuse for hacking a Pokémon (at least, in my opinion). I don't really have a problem with hacking items with an AR though (though I have not done so since Gen III).

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
Years
It takes the fun out of it IMO. I'd much rather hunt for the PKMN and then capture it in it's natural environment than hack it in somewhere else.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years

Well if you're already hacking in stats, you might as well hack in a catch rate maxed out, right?

I'm even uncomfortable with RNG, which is considered completely legitimate in the general community's eyes. There's something about knowing that things they want you to work for can be just grabbed by people that want to look up how kind of bothers me. Although there are challenges where you're expected to hack in Pokemon from the beginning, like the Eeveelution challenge.

They're not hacking stats, the pokemon's stats are the same, so is the catch rate but honestly I don't see anything wrong with action replay as long as your not competitively battling in tournaments or anything.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
I would honestly only consider using an AR if there was absolutely NO OTHER WAY to get a certain Pokemon or to do a certain thing in game. Say I missed the Darkrai event, there's no other way to get Darkrai other than AR. As long as I don't use it competitively then it should be ok. I don't have a problem with people using AR as long as they don't go online with it.

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
I've never had a problem with Pokemon created through the use of a cheat device, although I don't believe I have any myself - I don't tend to trade for EV'd Pokemon, since I'm not really into competetive battling.

But for some people, EV/IV training is tedious, and yet without doing it they can't play competetively and stand even the slightest chance of winning. If you're creating a Pokemon with an Action Replay or whatever, so long as it isn't anything you wouldn't be able to get in game (like EVs off the charts in every area, etc) then I don't see what is so wrong with it. Perhaps it isn't as rewarding, but it does save several boring hours.

Years
If you opened Mario 64 and found that you were given 120 stars at the beginning. You would probably turn it off and play another game :P

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
There seems to be a big misconception that having hacked Pokemon can damage your game. If you make them properly, they don't and they can be almost indistinguishable from captured pokemon. Besides, there's very little difference between RNG abuse and hacking anyway and I see RNG abused shinies with maxed out IV's getting traded all the time without the stigma.

Last edited:

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Breeding pokémon to use in another game isn't cheating.

Yeah, but then you'd have to buy another game, beat it then breed two pokemon to get the rare ones. Also to all those people that think you are creating pokemon with action replay, your not creating pokemon with action replay your making certain ones show up in the wild.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Hacked Pokemon aren't too different from something you'd get legit =/ Using AR to get that Victini you missed out on is virtually indistinguishable from a legit Victini (Except for the date obtained). Really, I don't mind using hacked Pokemon because the only real difference as compared to the "legitimate ones" is the location caught, the level obtained, and its IVs (Which I do max because let's face it: IV-breeding is too much hassle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back