• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
No, you can't beat the E4 unless you have the ability to use normal saves. The final beta will almost certainly no be ready in August. Also, try to refrain from asking for release dates, you'll never get them
Seriously i know how hard it is to predict if u cant\dont want to give no problem i agree there should be no rush to finish this it was just if u COULD give it
Anyway it would be great if zel could test it on a VBagX 1.20(its a symbian emu for mobiles) and to allow it to save there (no problems in vba)
The strangest of all is that R\S\E\FR\LG run smoothly (well, no earthquake or magnitude animation but whatever) and they save as well

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Seriously i know how hard it is to predict if u cant\dont want to give no problem i agree there should be no rush to finish this it was just if u COULD give it
Anyway it would be great if zel could test it on a VBagX 1.20(its a symbian emu for mobiles) and to allow it to save there (no problems in vba)
The strangest of all is that R\S\E\FR\LG run smoothly (well, no earthquake or magnitude animation but whatever) and they save as well
It all depends on the save type you use, you have to set flash 128 BEFORE playing the game.
Actually most gba games work on 128, although some require 64.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
In trick puzzle IX, I found a way to get stuck forever...except I haven't played that part in awhile so I forgot how it works exactly. I think it involves using the warp tiles so that you can't backtrack because there's a cuttable tree in the way of a pushing boulder that you'd need to cross to get back, or something like that. Anyone else ever run into such a situation?

Also, I notice there was a way to cut half the Victory Road short; when you reach the area where you'd normally fight the rival (and should go south and down the ladder on the first trip), instead you push the right boulder up and break the rock, then push the left boulder back left far enough until the right boulder's position resets; the rock will still remain broken, however. Then push the right boulder to the right and then reach the exit.

Chuck's Poliwrath in the X version also seems kind of low levelled compared to the rest of the opponents you fight.

I know that there are at least two stucking paths on one of the Trick House puzzles (the one you mention), and there's another one on Victory Road (jumping down a ledge and not having Strength), and probably there are some more. That's why if anyone finds any other, just let me know. It's not easy to think on non-trapping puzzles, seriously.

About the shortcut, I'll see how that can be avoided (most likely, making so that you cannot push the boulder to the left too far)

Hmmm... I dont know about Chuck's Poliwrath... Looking back, maybe you're right.

hey zel something happened to the tm/hm case when i checked it in azalea town........there are lots of "?" marks and wierd stuff........then when i try to exit the bag the whole game goes crazy and random things appear........please help me find a solution

I always say, I never use any kind of cheat codes, and I rarely use the ingame save function (unless it's the auto saving on the E4), maybe that's the safest way to play the hack. If not, then it's probably rom-patching problems.

Just some questions:

Well, your questions were already answered, I just wanted to confirm you that ;P
(But, I dont know about that vbagx, so... Anyway, who's crazy enough to be playing a hack on his cell phone? :laugh:)

Maybe someone might make an in game clock editor for fire red.

I doubt it...

I hope you got and read my pm Zel, and not just discarded it as a 'fan mail'

anyway I would like to offer my help in mapping and spriting...so whatever you need, I can facilitate...

the hack looks nice, but I see several (minor) errors, when I can post images Ill show them

First, I dont have any PM in my box currently, so I havent received anything from you (send it again, because I always read everything that comes, and most of the time I reply to everything if I have some time)

In any case, I still dont need spriting help, because spriting is currently not a priority. I'm sure it will in the future though. So we'll see by then.

Yeah, I know it has errors, in fact, just check that long list in the first post and you'll realize how many it has O.o

It all depends on the save type you use, you have to set flash 128 BEFORE playing the game.

True. I still wonder why they dont set it to 128 by default, if most require it -_-

Anyway. If I have some more free time today, I'll start to write a little something about one of the mini-games, just to give you some kind of update (I cannot leave Linux till I make something work, so that means I cannot take screenshots :()

JJK

Years

I know thats why its strange i use both the vba (in the pc) and the vbagx (in my n70)
The first time i ran any Generation 3 poke on my vba it required me to put the save to 128kbs flash i switched it and now i have all of them AND shiny gold x running smoothly
With the vbagx i didnt even had to set it to 128 (mainly because it doesnt have that option :D ) , they all worked fine , but with shiny gold x it automaticly shuts when i try to save in-game (odd...)
I even deleted the FR rom and saves from the n70... nothing
I guess all i can do is to try the regular shiny gold

zel there are 2 reasons to use a mobile emu
1-i cant be in my pc everytime i want, even at home (PARENTS...)
2-PSP's ARE EXPENSIVE (yeah i klnow im just a cheap guy :D )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2008
vbagx shiny gold

I know thats why its strange i use both the vba (in the pc) and the vbagx (in my n70)
The first time i ran any Generation 3 poke on my vba it required me to put the save to 128kbs flash i switched it and now i have all of them AND shiny gold x running smoothly
With the vbagx i didnt even had to set it to 128 (mainly because it doesnt have that option :D ) , they all worked fine , but with shiny gold x it automaticly shuts when i try to save in-game (odd...)
I even deleted the FR rom and saves from the n70... nothing
I guess all i can do is to try the regular shiny gold

zel there are 2 reasons to use a mobile emu
1-i cant be in my pc everytime i want, even at home (PARENTS...)
2-PSP's ARE EXPENSIVE (yeah i klnow im just a cheap guy :D )
yeah i want to play it on my mobile..same problem as you have..when i try to save the game on in-game save the emulator shuting down.i tried shinygoldb5 and shinygold X.plss zel make shiny gold playable on our mobile emulator..thx sorry from my bad english

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
Hey zel fantastic work its awesome!

i just have a problem where it wont save on my flash card.

if anyone has a thingy like goomba or pogoshell that will be able to make save states for a gba rom played on a flash card on a gba, or any other solution to my problem please tell em any help is appreciated =]

thanks

JJK

Years
okay the regular shiny gold didnt worked either
i even tried to patch it directly on the n70... nothing
one thing i noticed when i try to patch it i go to my roms file and there no rom appears with "roms and programs", i have to put it to "all files" , is this normal?
theres one last thing ill try that is i only tried to save from the menu ill use save states until i reach somewer with automatic save e.g. COM center ill tell if it works

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Great Hack Zel!

You mentioned in the old forum that a thing you wanted to fix was the items being hidden? Do you still want them hidden because instead of using "Person Events" use "Signpost Events" in AdvanceMap and then go to 05/06/07 Hidden Item, and obviiusly give every Hidden Item a different Hidden ID and an amount!
I don't know if u knew this, but I'm just saying this because I reralised Hidden Items are still person events in B5. (Doing this will make the Hidden Items hidden, walkable on and ther ItemFinder will work!)

Another glitch I've found is that some bonus (non Gold) trainers like Koga in Fuschia Gym and the Fisherman on Route 27 with the Lv55 Milotic give you items afterwards (PP Max and Choice Band respectively) but I have experienced having a full bag at the time of getting the reward, and then talk to them agian and nothing happens. Also, there's a missing warp in Victory Road, u can fall down holes to there and u cant get out.

Agian, fantastic hack. Can't wait til it's finished?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well people, I am not sure about how you can make rom hacks work on other emus, cell phones, flashcards, whatever. But one thing is sure, it is definitely not my mission to make it work on all of that stuff, and keeping discussing about it is going to off-topic limits. There's an emulation section, which I think fits better for those kind of discussions.

@choatix: The hidden items will be fixed on the next release (on the next series of bugs fixing) because I know AMap 1.9 can handle them better now, I will need to run a deep search through all the maps.
I always said to make sure to have some slots in your bag for items, because I never got used to check if the bag is full (a problem in my scripting learnage), so now, considering the ammount of items gotten through such kind of events, it sounds a bit unlikely that I'll spend some time to fix all those scripts -_- (but, we'll see, perhaps some time... dont know...)
Are you sure about the missing warp in Victory Road? Isnt that the place where there's a hole to the left and you can walk inside the rocks (making your sprite disappear but still is able to walk), if it isnt that part, show a screenshot.

---

MINI-GAME No.1
The "Feebas Factor"

"One of the most annoying to find Pokemon is back, and as annoying as ever!"

So, I was asked if Feebas will be in, and from B6, Feebas will be catchable (yay!), however, as tradition, getting Feebas was never easy, and this time it wont be an exception.
There's only one location where Feebas will be found, and this time, if you are not careful you may end up stuck without a Feebas. The idea is kinda the same as always, there are 8 or 9 tiles where a Feebas will show up, or not (it will only appear on one only, in a random manner, but, sometimes it wont show up anywhere :badsmile:)
The good thing is that the 8 or 9 tiles are fixed, and you dont need to waste your time fishing for Feebas, just surfing is enough, the problem is to guess if Feebas will show up on that tile or on any of the other. Additionaly, appearance rate is also low, so your patience will be tested greatly with this mini-game.

I'll answer any questions related to it, but as long as it doesnt reveal too much ;P
--Just before you ask, Feebas evolves with happiness ;D

By the way, it's obvious that I cannot take screenshots about the mini-game (much less making a video), you know that when randoms are involved, it may take minutes to hours to get what you want... XP

Shrike

VIP
Years
Hey Zel

Your hack looks awesome and I'm thinking of playing your hack sometime in the future. I hope you'll include a way to get the TM's flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, brick break and arial ace (more then once). I never cared about overpowered legendaries, but to have a team with the right moves makes the game a lot more fun.

Cheers, Shrike

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
1. AHa so you pay to get to that area?
2. Is febass shiny rare?
3. Also if febass does indeed have the rareness of a shiny how rare would its shiny be?

1. Obviously, that's just a dumb question
2. 1 in every 16,382 battles would result in a shiny Febass

s i m p l e m a t h f o r t h e w i n

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2008
I remember this.
If my mind serves me correctly, this has been going for quite some time.
I used to pop on here to check out new things like a year ago, and this was one of them.

greenozano

Master of Pokemon
Years
Your phone booth script is genius how does it work? I wanna break the script down for the menu once I know how you did it I can then learn how hex edit so I can input it with it.

OH and are you gonna add new Islands? Because that would be really cool and have each island exclusively
for other legendaries or sumthing like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
1. AHa so you pay to get to that area?
2. Is febass shiny rare?
3. Also if febass does indeed have the rareness of a shiny how rare would its shiny be?

1. I dont know why Heatran considered it a dumb question because, knowing how evil I am (mwahahaha!) I could force you to pay in order to access the area. But, anyway, I didn't (meaning in the end that it was probably a dumb question? >.<)
2and3. You are surfing, and finding any Feebas is just like finding any other Pokemon in the wild, but, with less appearance rate due to the use of randoms instead of the wild pokemon showing up on the map (which is also present, making figuring out the spots where Feebas shows up even harder). If it'll be shiny or not is still affected by the usual rate of shinyness... Heatran made the math work for you ;)

Hey Zel

Your hack looks awesome and I'm thinking of playing your hack sometime in the future. I hope you'll include a way to get the TM's flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, brick break and arial ace (more then once). I never cared about overpowered legendaries, but to have a team with the right moves makes the game a lot more fun.

Cheers, Shrike

Well, there'll be probably more TMs as prizes more later in the game (most likely, at the end of the game), because despite that it is fun to have the right moves, struggling to decide who to give the few ones you have is also necessary to increase the challenge.

To greenozano: I'll answer your two questions, but dont double post next time, just use the "Edit" button.

About the phone booth, it's not a big deal, but, it is the longest script you'll ever find, because I even had to split it into three .rbc files...
It's just a whole engineering of use of multi-boxes, variables, randoms and flags, I'm happy that it works properly (at least, I havent got any bug notification)

And, about the islands, if you search a while back, it was posted that there are two islands already inserted in the game, and after the B6 there'll be some more stuff to do there (as well as some more legendaries and some items needed to find others on Kanto or Johto)

greenozano

Master of Pokemon
Years
Oh my bad about the double post( I thought that they would combine) but thanks anyway I'll try to learn some script similarity once I learn multi-boxes, randoms and flags to a perfection.
Oh do you know about simple scripter by thethethethe I was looking for it and it is now gone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2008
Hey I could clean up some of your sprites (like that Ho-Oh on ur title screen) and create some gym leader overworld sprites (since you seem to be recycling ones that you already have from the game). I currently sprite for mugen (idk if you know what that is), so I'm very used to spriting. I could show you some of my works if you're not sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Playing X.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but the first time I went through Union cave, I beat all the trainers, leaving the Firebreather with the Vulpix for last. He burned my Gastly and I defeated it.

Saved after a minute or two and shut it off.

Next day, turned it back on and skipped the summary screens.

I worked my way back towards the Pokemon Center on the Violet City side to heal my pokemon, but when the nurse started to say "thank you for waiting" the text changed from "fast" to "slow" and the next time I hit the "A" button the screen went negative and things shifted wildly.

When I reloaded my save file, I watched the summary screens through. I then used an Escape Rope and was sent to Violet City Pokemon Center. Everything's been peachy since then, but I'm afraid to use that Pokemon Center on Route 32.

Also, is it true that in X there are wild Mudkip in Union Cave? Thanks.

greenozano

Master of Pokemon
Years
Playing X.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but the first time I went through Union cave, I beat all the trainers, leaving the Firebreather with the Vulpix for last. He burned my Gastly and I defeated it.

Saved after a minute or two and shut it off.

Next day, turned it back on and skipped the summary screens.

I worked my way back towards the Pokemon Center on the Violet City side to heal my pokemon, but when the nurse started to say "thank you for waiting" the text changed from "fast" to "slow" and the next time I hit the "A" button the screen went negative and things shifted wildly.

When I reloaded my save file, I watched the summary screens through. I then used an Escape Rope and was sent to Violet City Pokemon Center. Everything's been peachy since then, but I'm afraid to use that Pokemon Center on Route 32.

Also, is it true that in X there are wild Mudkip in Union Cave? Thanks.

First get rid of your sav file and then restart your game It will work just fine Oh and yes there are Mudkips in union cave It to 15 minutes to find one for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
First get rid of your sav file and then restart your game It will work just fine Oh and yes there are Mudkips in union cave It to 15 minutes to find one for me.

Are they only on one floor or the other? I've been in the basement for 15 minutes walking around already without any luck.

Thanks for the advice, though. Sucks that the traditional .sav files don't work with this hack =\

Oh! Can I save my state, delete my .sav file and then just pick up where I left off? Last time I used an emu was YEARS ago, so...

Back