• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
When talking to the man in Kashmir in the house who says he's raising his kids alone, the man says Taking care of two kids on my own sure isn't easy at all... Their mom is challenging the Pokemon League. Can you believe it? In her age?"

Should this be 'At her age'?

Also, the little girl upstairs says: "Never go out without Pokeballs!" I've always thought it was two words.

I have a question, too. Where do I get the fishing rods?
Yeah, it should be "at her age". I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. I have to apologize for any and every grammatical or spelling mistake you find. English isn't my native language, so it's bound to have some mistakes.

As for the second one, what do you mean "it was two words"? "Pokeballs" should be "Poke balls"? I'm not sure about that :\

I must be honest, I forgot where you get the fishing rods xD I'm sure the old rod can be found in a hotel on Route 4, and the Super Rod in Medethine City, but I can't remember where the Good Rod is.

Years
I started the game and I've just got the 6th badge and I like it so far :). There's a major bug though : in Mount Coal, when you interact with the hiker of the first room, the game crashes. So be careful, save before entering Mt Coal !
There's also a place where you can get stuck : there's a waterfall that you can go down but you need the HM to get back up so you get stuck if you don't have it. It's the place where you get the TM Calm Mind, I forgot the exact name of the location.

i chose the worst starter ever

If you're talking about Misdreavus, this is the one I chose. It's bad at first because Psywave and Astonish are all it gets but it's getting better once you teach it Shadow ball and T-bolt. I don't regret my choice :). Also Illusion doesn't seem to work if you choose Zorua.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I started the game and I've just got the 6th badge and I like it so far :). There's a major bug though : in Mount Coal, when you interact with the hiker of the first room, the game crashes. So be careful, save before entering Mt Coal !
There's also a place where you can get stuck : there's a waterfall that you can go down but you need the HM to get back up so you get stuck if you don't have it. It's the place where you get the TM Calm Mind, I forgot the exact name of the location.
Thanks for playing :) I'm really glad you enjoy it! And a major thank you for notifying me about that bug. I could've sword I've tested all trainers, but obviously I've missed some. Sorry about that :(

As for the waterfall, I thought the game didn't allow falling down unless the player has a Pokemon with Waterfall in their team. Apparently, I was wrong about that, too. Sorry again xD

I promise to fix all bugs, typos and grammatical error in the next update. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when the next update is coming. I'm really busy with something else these days, and my free time is slowly running out.

Again, thanks to everyone who is playing. I really hope you enjoy the rest of the game :)

Years
Right so far I'm in the Victory Road and I'm stuck. The 2nd boulder won't go on the button (even though the first button worked perfectly) so I can't continue this game :(.
While I'm at it, there are 3 items that stay when you pick them up : the Will o Wisp TM in the Victory Road, the Water Stone in Route 22 and the pokeball in the Lost Forest.
Take your time to fix this, there's no hurry ;).

what do i do after the 2nd gym

I think this is the point where you have to talk to an NPC in the town that gives you the TM Rock Smash so you can smash the rock in the same route. I forgot where the NPC is exactly, just search the houses.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Right so far I'm in the Victory Road and I'm stuck. The 2nd boulder won't go on the button (even though the first button worked perfectly) so I can't continue this game :(.
While I'm at it, there are 3 items that stay when you pick them up : the Will o Wisp TM in the Victory Road, the Water Stone in Route 22 and the pokeball in the Lost Forest.
Take your time to fix this, there's no hurry ;).

Whoa, that is a major bug! I can't believe that one slipped by me O_o I've fixed it (and the three items, and the hiker on Mt. Coal). Download link to the fixed version is in the OP (The same link as before).

You'll be able to continue with your current save file, so don't worry. And thanks for playing, by the way :)

Also, I'm sorry I didn't fix any of the other bugs/typos people notified me about. I just wanted to fix this as soon as possible since it is affecting gameplay.

Years
Thanks for the fixes. There's unfortunately another button that doesn't work, the one in the small room that should make the rock disappear just at the right. While I'm at it, the swimmer just before the waterfall makes the game crash. Sorry for bothering you, I want to finish the game :/.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thanks for the fixes. There's unfortunately another button that doesn't work, the one in the small room that should make the rock disappear just at the right. While I'm at it, the swimmer just before the waterfall makes the game crash. Sorry for bothering you, I want to finish the game :/.

You are my lifesaver. I can't believe so many things have been untested near the end of the game. Thank you so much for notifying me.

The fixed version is available for download in the OP. I'm pretty sure the game can be finished now.

Years
I still can't push that boulder on the button, it's the small room with 2 rocks you need to smash, you may not have fixed the right button :/.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I still can't push that boulder on the button, it's the small room with 2 rocks you need to smash, you may not have fixed the right button :/.

I have retested and rechecked everything, and it seems fine. Perhaps you downloaded the wrong version (The old ones are still on MediaFire, they're just in the trash). I've re-uploaded the newest version and updated the link in the OP, please try it again. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
It works now and I'm the Champion of Arala ! Now, there are some areas left to explore and the HM Dive to find.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
It works now and I'm the Champion of Arala ! Now, there are some areas left to explore and the HM Dive to find.

Awesome :D Thank you for playing the game and notifying me about the bugs! It really helped me a lot :)

Dive location:
Spoiler:

There are a lot of things to do after the Pokemon League. Investigate :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Nice to see its completed and glad u r still gonna update it with better sprites cause theyre is always room for improvement!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hey I just downloaded this game and it looks pretty good. I got a question about he editor program that comes with the game, does it actually make changes to the game? Because including hidden abilities is something I'm thinking about doing with it but I wanna be sure I don't mess anything up with the game itself. I see no real tutorial on how to use it included in the package, so do you mind offering some tips to the noobs like myself?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey I just downloaded this game and it looks pretty good. I got a question about he editor program that comes with the game, does it actually make changes to the game? Because including hidden abilities is something I'm thinking about doing with it but I wanna be sure I don't mess anything up with the game itself. I see no real tutorial on how to use it included in the package, so do you mind offering some tips to the noobs like myself?

Thanks for downloading the game :)

The game was made using RPG Maker XP and the Pokemon Essential starter kit. Everything about Pokemon Essentials can be found on the Pokemon Essentials Wiki. However, giving a Pokemon hidden abilities requires creating or editing events via the RPG Maker. There are a lot of tutorials on how to do that online. Good luck, and have fun with the game :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
That may be tricky for me to be honest tutorial or not. I can always wait for whatever patches you have in mind to impliment pokemon with hidden abilities if you make them prizes for future quests. I only just started my game so any future updates with new quests will benefit me in the long run. I only brought it up considering how Patrat and several other otherwise ok pokemon have the worst abilities typically, and any good ones are of course the hidden ones.

It would be nice to see games be they rom hacks or fleshed out made-from-scratch games like this change the way some of the useless abilities work, it'd be nice to have Run Away or Keen Eye have more effective effects like how they allowed Sturdy to be like a Focus Sash in 5th gen for example. But I'll be more than happy to wait and see whatever new stuff you come up with even if this game is completed, games like this are awesome as even when done new content is able to be put in so it makes this worth keeping an eye on whatever the case.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
I think in Mt. Frost is a bug, because one of the "doors" you unlock by pushing boulders to holes doesn't permit me to pass. Is it a bug or I have to do something to unlock it. Im searching for the Ice-sphere for the man in Four season Island

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I think in Mt. Frost is a bug, because one of the "doors" you unlock by pushing boulders to holes doesn't permit me to pass. Is it a bug or I have to do something to unlock it. Im searching for the Ice-sphere for the man in Four season Island

Wow, boulder problems seem to be a thing in the game. Very careless of me :(

Would you please be kind to tell me which boulder that is, and what exactly happens? Are you unable to push the boulder through the hole, or you can't cross the boulder once it's fallen?

EDIT: I believe I have located the error. You weren't able to pass through the door in front of the fallen boulder, right? If yes, I've fixed it. If no, I'm going to be very depressed. I still haven't uploaded the new version in case that I've fixed the wrong error xD

Also, to everyone who is playing: There will be a small update of the game next week. It'll contain more quests, fixed maps (I'll just remove the weird trees that can be found on some of the first routes. Just now I notice how much they don't fit in) and fixed grammatical & spelling errors. I want to make sure to fix most or all of the grammatical & spelling errors, so please, if you encounter one, notify me. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I wish there was an option to change the music, the music in the game for battles is strangely unfitting to me. They sound better for legendaries or for evil team battles, but not for wild pokemon and standard trainer battles. But thats just me, this is still an awesome game.

Back