• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I save before and after major events. But not as often as I used to, especially in older games, because saving takes so long. :( I'm not as neurotic as I used to be when it comes to saving, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not? xD

Years
I like to save before every single event, whether it's rival battles, legendary appearances or the Pokemon League, just in case I mess up. I don't know why, but I just get really scared when in front of something like a legendary Pokemon, in fear that I'll KO it by accident so saves are more than necessary to me. I'm sure it's the Pokemon standard by now, but hey.

This is the same for me, I always wonder that something could go wrong if I try to catch a legendary. In fact, saving before battling the one-time encounter is never bad because there may be an event where you get gifted with bad luck and you fail to capture it.

Years
I'm almost the same; I save after every single major event, such as defeating a Gym Leader, Elite Four member, rival, some evil boss, etc. I forget to save every once in a blue moon since, of course, I'm merely a human, and that could be an extremely frustrating extremely frustrating experience. Last time I'd done this, which was when playing Pokémon Platinum, I quit the game for almost an entire month; that's how upset I was, haha.

You wouldn't believe how similar of an event happened to me! Same game as you, Pokemon Platinum, I decided to restart and use Turtwig for the first time instead of Chimchar. I had gotten all the way to the second gym leader after spending most of the day playing it. I defeated her, and began my trek down the cycling road. Suddenly, as I was walking downstairs, my screen went black. I knew it wasn't the battery because I looked a minute before and it was full - I had accidentally pressed down on the cartridge with my finger. To make matters worse, I hadn't saved at all the whole day. Didn't play again for at least three weeks, haha!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I do something similar to that sometimes - I won't save, but I will put the game away for a while and forget to charge it so then the device ends up dying and taking my data with it :(

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I couldn't tell if my DS' battery was going to die or not - I have trouble distinguishing between colours so I can't tell if it's full or about to go. I think on one occasion my battery died on me while I was in the middle of capturing a legendary or something like that. The distinguishing issues were quite the curse, to the point where I decided to keep it on charge a lot of the time because I couldn't tell dead or alive apart.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Distinguishing led colors weren't that difficult for me; blue or green were okay, orange meant half-battery, and red meant running low. To me, it was all rather simple. xD" Though, closest experience I've ever had to the above was when playing Emerald on my GBA; I once dropped it accidentally, which caused all batteries to fall off. Since I didn't save, I had to go through certain events again from all over.

Years
Back when I had a GBC I let the batteries run dry a lot XD Pretty sure I lost progress plenty of times in Yellow and Gold, pft. When I got my GBA I was better about replacing the batteries in time. Also had a really weird experience in my FireRed where I randomly lost my save file and was only given the option to start a new game. I started a new game, and when I decided to save turned off my system before it finished saving. Upon turning it back on, I had my other file back.

Years
I couldn't tell if my DS' battery was going to die or not - I have trouble distinguishing between colours so I can't tell if it's full or about to go. I think on one occasion my battery died on me while I was in the middle of capturing a legendary or something like that. The distinguishing issues were quite the curse, to the point where I decided to keep it on charge a lot of the time because I couldn't tell dead or alive apart.
Highly color-blind guy over here says hi! I don't even want to count how many times I had my GBC or GBA battery die on me when I was younger because I couldn't tell how much of my battery I had left. Eventually, I just became over cautious, and to this day, I'll still charge my 3DS any time I'm not using it, just in case.

I've been pretty good with my save files though- I've never had any of them corrupt whether due to draining the battery, dropping my system, etc. Heck, even my Gold version still works fine, and I'm probably one of the few that still have an internal battery that hasn't run out yet.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Distinguishing led colors weren't that difficult for me; blue or green were okay, orange meant half-battery, and red meant running low. To me, it was all rather simple. xD" Though, closest experience I've ever had to the above was when playing Emerald on my GBA; I once dropped it accidentally, which caused all batteries to fall off. Since I didn't save, I had to go through certain events again from all over.

The thing is, it would be green when I put it away, but then I would forget to plug it in for the rest of the day or leave it out for a night then it would die D: I forget to save a lot while playing. I really only save in front of legendaries and whenever I realize I haven't saved in a while.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I always save before encountering legendaries, since I usually have some anxiety of either running out of Poké Ball or making said Pokémon faint and not be able to capture again, aha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I feel the same way. Especially during...I think it was when I was fighting one of the lake trio, I think Azelf. Azelf has some bad defensive stats, so I'd always end up KOing it, which is why I save and as always, inevitably restart the same battle a bunch of times.

Years
Even if my battery's at full charge, I'll save before pretty much anything important, haha, especially gym leader battles and legendary encounters. Sometimes, when my Pokemon are relatively low-leveled for the gym leader, I'll beat as many of his/her Pokemon as I can and gather the experience points, until they're able to earn the badge. Main drawback as it drains my money, but it's a bit more exciting than old-fashioned grinding :c

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Same, same. When you're grinding, in most cases, you're battling against low-level Pokémon, and they don't hand much experience over to you. Those that are owned by Gym Leaders, though, actually do.

Years
Grinding has never been the average player's cup of tea. Hoenn for one has really weak Pokémon, making leveling up a chore to do most of the time. There are the occasional Trainer's Eyes rematches, but that's not until after five badges. Other than that, it's a pain to level up there, and don't even get me started on Johto.

But then we get to Gen V, which has Audino and the Lucky Egg, and my favorite EXP system, even if it is less based on levels. I like it because it makes training weaker Pokémon so much easier.

Years
Grinding has never been the average player's cup of tea. Hoenn for one has really weak Pokémon, making leveling up a chore to do most of the time. There are the occasional Trainer's Eyes rematches, but that's not until after five badges. Other than that, it's a pain to level up there, and don't even get me started on Johto.

But then we get to Gen V, which has Audino and the Lucky Egg, and my favorite EXP system, even if it is less based on levels. I like it because it makes training weaker Pokémon so much easier.

Yeah I always found grinding in Hoenn and Johto a pain, I surely do hope that OR/AS can alleviate that issue that HG/SS failed to do. Rematches sometimes just can't come when you want them to, but man the Audino method in 5th Gen was really fun to do especially given you get a Lucky Egg about halfway through the story, and made it easier to train weaker Pokemon.

And the 6th Gen's changes to the Exp. Share mechanics made leveling up whole teams easier, even though Audino weren't as plentiful as they were in Unova, they still had Audinos easily available to grind against in the form of the Furisode Girls in the Battle Chateau, which can be as high as Level 55-65 with the right writ in effect.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Grinding isn't really mandatory anymore in generation six games, and I'm actually quite fond of that. I disliked doing it, and thanks to the new EXP. Share, don't exactly have to put too much effort into it; if one member of your team is leveling-up, others would automatically level-up as well. Huge time-saver.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I found that the new EXP. Share made things too easy, but it's great that all the party gains experience at the same time. X/Y was probably the first generation where I actually used more than three pokémon frequently before defeating the Champion. In Ruby, I remember getting to the Elite Four with only my Swampert and Groudon being at decent levels. I don't mind the extra training on one or two pokémon, but having to train more, especially early in the game is annoying for me, which is why I usually play through the games quickly with just my starter pokémon.

Years
In many of my Generation III playthroughs, I would use three or four Pokémon for a majority through the game and mostly just power through them. I remember some times I would play RSE, i'd have like a Level 46 starter, and two Level 38s by the time I would battle Brendan/May after the Weather Institute. xP

In Generation IV I did break this trend and use a full team, but BW2 and XY I would almost always give equal attention to my team members.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
From the very beginning I've always gave equal attention to each pokemon. Thing is, what if your strongest are knocked out? Then your other weaker pokemon won't be able to cope as well as if it had been raised equally with your strongest. I've also had pickup pokemon for when I'm training up 1 pokemon, so that I will find random items along the way.

Years
The only main Pokemon games I've ever had to grind in were RGBY and FRLG. In all the other ones I could take on the toughest Trainers and Pokemon League with underleveled teams (even in Challenge Mode in BW2) and still win, but in RGBY/FRLG I've found it difficult to do so. That being said, I did have a difficult time beating the Pokemon League in Gold and RS when I was much younger because I only focused on training one or two Pokemon--one always being my starter. Since FRLG (or Emerald, forgot which) I've given equal attention to my other Pokemon and try to keep them around the same levels. Even if they may be underleveled, it's better having six Pokemon around the same level than one or two at high levels and the rest at low levels in case said strong Pokemon faint. I also save up on Rare Candies in case one of my team members falls levels behind the rest, which sometimes happens when I need to go through an area that requires HMs (thus making me temporarily replace one team member with an HM Slave).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back