• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like both X and Y equally. I like how GameFreak incorporated the human chromosomes into their designs.

Years
I think people overlooked the fact of which ones which, going in depth about it 'representing an X/Y'.

But it is fun to over analyse new Pokemon and different aspects of them, when something new has been announced! :P

I don't know about your guys, but I can't picture a storyline from the way they look.​

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
X is the Virizion like thing.
Y is the dark vulture. Seriously look at the shape, it's wings and tail look like a Y.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I like both X and Y equally. I like how GameFreak incorporated the human chromosomes into their designs.

This!

I'm in love with "X" I think it's absolutely stunning!
"Y" on the other hand... I'm not even sure what it is. Does it have a face?

It will be interesting to see the "relationship" between these two. Every other legendary pair has been similar to each other, and these two appear completely different!

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
This type of design is what makes me think there is going to be a heavy play on genetics in the game; I do hope so.​

In the end, we could consider the DNA Splicers as a hint in Pokemon B2W2. I even thought that Y looks a bit like a chromosome (I mean the Y chromosome). But the idea faded out when I saw the elk, which doesn't look like the X chromosome at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Something tells me that Pokemon X will represent nature, but I'm not sure what Pokemon Y will represent since the sky is already taken by Ho-oh.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Something tells me that Pokemon X will represent nature, but I'm not sure what Pokemon Y will represent since the sky is already taken by Ho-oh.

So the nature is by Celebi and Suicune xD (and Rayquaza goes to the sky too)
There aren't so many places we could think of for X and Y that aren't taken, actually.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So the nature is by Celebi and Suicune xD (and Rayquaza goes to the sky too)
There aren't so many places we could think of for X and Y that aren't taken, actually.

Celebi represents time travel, Suicune represents spring water, and Rayquaza represents the ozone layer. Those roles are entirely different.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I love both of these new legendaries, although I think I like the elk slightly more.

I love how they don't seem to be dragons (not sure about the flying red one) and they don't have this obvious "we're going to tear the world in half just by blinking" look about them. It reminds me of Ho-oh and Lugia. Which is a very good thing. :)

They seem more mysterious than past mascot legendaries too.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
Years
For me, just going on appearance alone, I like them. I think they are an improvement on the previous legendaries, for me.​

I agree with this. I actually really like that they don't look similar to each other like the more recent version mascots have. I can't wait to find out what they represent. ^_^

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Celebi represents time travel, Suicune represents spring water, and Rayquaza represents the ozone layer. Those roles are entirely different.

I'm not talking about what they represent (because Ho-oh doesn't represent the sky but the Sun), I'm talking about (and you were supposed to be talking about it too) which places would be for each one.

In this case, X and Y would represent... life and death?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I agree with this. I actually really like that they don't look similar to each other like the more recent version mascots have. I can't wait to find out what they represent. ^_^

This is something else I really like about these legendaries. Aside from the X and Y theme they don't feel related....it brings me back to Ho-oh and Lugia. (again :p)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Pokemon X looks like a Keldeo evolution.

What I want to know is how Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are going to be more powerful than the gods of Space and Time and the beings that bring balance to the world.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm not talking about what they represent (because Ho-oh doesn't represent the sky but the Sun), I'm talking about (and you were supposed to be talking about it too) which places would be for each one.

In this case, X and Y would represent... life and death?

Well Galoria said the legendaries could represent Order and Chaos, given the theme of this gen.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Order and Chaos is definitely a possibility~

Whatever these new legendary pokemon represent, it'll be quite apparent that it will has something to do with the world... one way or another. It can be like, light and darkness because in a way, one can't survive without the other, even though these two forces conflict with each other. I really wish that this has something to do with DNA though - maybe these legendary pokemon represent the genetic codes of pokemon.

That can be interesting!

In other news, I am liking the new designs for these; it's a great step up from Gen V! That giant bird legendary reminds me of Mandibuzz + Lugia put together.

Years
Okay look guys. LOOK AT FRIKKIN THIS.

It's a post from the Nuzlocke forums by a very smart person who goes by the nickname Urahara. I can't stop not buying this because NOTHING can stop me from buying this theory.

Here's the post.

Urahara said:
I have a crazy theory.

I am willing to bet a decent amount that there will be a legendary squirrel, A legendary snake, and maybe a legendary tree pokemon this generation.

Insofar, we've seen a legendary deer, and a legendary bird. They seem a little bit disjointed when compared to other cover legendaries, and they would be if you didn't know your norse mythology.

Yggdrasil is the world tree, and on the world tree, there are several animals you can find. An eagle (or a rooster)roosting at the top, four deer walking along the branches eating the buds, A squirrel who scurries up and down the trunk, and a snake who bites at the roots.

Kinda a loose correlation I know, but look at the deer. That thing has FOUR sets of antlers, a little bit coincidental, considering he has some unknown relationship with a bird that got him the cover page.

(plus a snake could totes make a Z shape.)

Aside from legendary tree. Try saying that out loud. A legendary tree Pokémon. FMITA but that sounds stupid.

Back