• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Lost and Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Update.png

Hello everyone!

Just to prove I'm still here and working on the game! Progress has been slow over the past few weeks, due to a number of other things in my life, and will probably continue to be slow until about the middle of November, so accordingly progress will be exceedingly slow until then unless I can get a team together. Please post here or PM me if you wish to join the team.

I have updated the first post (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5030908&postcount=1) with new screenshots from the new style of graphics I have been iserting (HGSS sprites with DP tiles). I've also left the old screenshots up in a spoiler tag for comparison.

I'm now currently working on inserting more wild Pokémon into Berry Forest and looking towards the first story recruitable Pokémon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've had a real blitz with work on the game today, and have the data fully sorted for the first 14 wild Pokémon in the game. I've fully inserted five wild Pokémon...and thought that I'd share some screenshots with you to show this off:

As you can see, Berry Forest is teeming with Wild Pokémon...but it won't always be! Wild Pokémon are generated on a random variable - as soon as you come onto a map this variable is set and won't change until you leave. This decides which Pokémon are available on the map. For example, if the variable is 1, you may only see three Pokémon on the field, but if the variable is 10, you may see up to 25 Pokémon on the map at one time! It makes each time you come onto a map feel fresh, different and exciting. Here are some screens to show what I mean:

When you collide with a Pokémon, you will trigger a battle with it...but that is something for a different day!

Until next time!

Enjoy!​

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
uhhhh why are there talking pokemon?
My goodness anyone would think you joined thinking this was a forum about RABBITS & STUFF :P

It's mystery dungeon style - that's why pokemon are talking.

On a brighter note, this looks different and VERY promising, the Tyrougue (I think that's what it is) sprite is a little ugly - their heads are too big for their bodies, fix that and there's nothing for people to criticise!

This is defineately one to look for!

-----

If you need any recolourings done (I doubt it, with THOSE tiles - the custom ones, not the HGSS ones :P) please don't hesitate to ask ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Hi everyone!

I'm now hard at work preparing my booth for the fangame convention. Lots to do, so there won't be another update before then.

I'm planning that at the the booth, there will be:

* Revelation and character profile on ???a??? (thought I'd give you a letter and be nice! :) )
* Revelation of the battle system
* More detailed plot summary
* Recruiting Pidgey & The Item Shop - An explanation through pictures
* Recruiting Budew & The Berry Farm - An explanation through pictures
* Walking through Muscle Cave - A short gameplay video
* Battling in Berry Forest - A short gameplay video
* A short video trailer

Of course, that is a lot and there is not much time, so some of the content is subject to change!

Until then!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Keep it up Micklo! This game has really caught my attention. you may need to work a little biton the outside graphics ;)

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I could help with the data input though I have minmum expierence. I may also be able to help you with the sprites though I am quite new to spriting.

This project looks great. The plot is amazing. The suspense has had me checking this thread daily. I can't wait for the convention.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Woo! Thanks everyone! I didn't realise that we were on a second page: I've been checking back for a couple of days and not noticing that there were more posts. Woops!

Anyway, thanks for the support everyone: I have (somehow!) managed to get everything ready for the fangame convention, with my booth all prepared now (minus the trailer, which is a job for this weekend). But it's all looking really good and I'm looking forward to being able to share some more of it with you. I'm especially looking forward to revealling the battle system because of an interesting storyline battle mechanic which involves Eevee and P... whoops! Nearly gave too much away then! :p

Thank you for volunteering, POKEMON PLAYER, I shall just PM you some stuff about Data Input

Until next time!

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Your welcome. I just started looking at it now. It is very easy to understand.

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
Hmmm

This sounds like an interesting project....I like the Mystery Dungeon games, so....I hope I like this one too. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Hi everyone! Thank you for your continuing support!

Just a minor aesthetic update...

I've update my signature to advertise my game more, with inspiration from Neo-Dragon's signature. Thanks! ^^

And I also realised that there was nothing for other people to put in their signatures. So here you go, have a userbar:

Userbar.png

Code:
[!URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192182"][!IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af8/MickloGMF/Userbar.png[/IMG][/URL]
(Remove the excalmation marks (!) before [URL="...] and

masterpokemontrainer

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 7, 2010
Wow! This looks really amazing, although who's the big question mark?

I wouldn't mind doing sprites but I hate data input.

All in all it looks like a great game!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Wow! This looks really amazing, although who's the big question mark?

I wouldn't mind doing sprites but I hate data input.

All in all it looks like a great game!

Thank you for your support and welcome to PokéCommunity!

To everyone who has volunteered to help, I know you have all PMed me with some questions etc. so I will work on sorting these out at some time, but thank you for being on hold!

Right now I'm just going to go off, format the two walkthrough videos and compile the trailer...and I may even start thinking about a world map!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Well, sort of right sort of wrong. The main characters are Vee the Eevee (an Eevee who didn't evolve) and ?l? the ???a??? (who is a t??v???e?)

Trailer and everything is completely done and now and look completely awesome, so just role on next week! I tried a world map, but I'm no good at scrathc spriting, but if I'm feeling nice, at the end of the week I may release the "concept" map I've drawn.

Until next time

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Is the Pokemon a Spearow?!?!?! I don't know I am trying to figure out what it is. Haha.

OR A SNEASEL!

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years

Lol, I found it kind of funny when you said
Originally posted by VarietyVidsnet
OR A SNEASEL!
since you have Silver as your avatar, and Silver from Pokemon Special/Adventure has a Sneasel...
Anyway, yay! I WANNA SEE THAT TRAILER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back