• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Hey guys, Simple question. Can someone look at my scipts in a certain part of my beta and tell me why the set player id flag to make them dissapear in the ow won't work?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I know I can do that; I was just wondering if there was a way to delete the Pokes I don't need to make some extra space. That's all.
you can earse the unzls gba image for the ones you dont want but you wont save that much memory and the game will crash if the player some how gets one of the deleated pokemon :C ether use the 9mb of free space or expand your rom or use JPAN's deleate script patch

aкισ

Become one ; (;
Years
OK, now im pissed off ..
You guy's know Explorer's of The sky? Right?
Well, i got the ROM then i played for like 2 hour's straight, Everything was perfect, i could save and all.. I was a level 20 Piplup and my partner was a level 19 Rilou ... THEN... I got to save during a mission.. And when you save during a mission it bring's you back to the main screen.. So.. the first save failed.. i re-tried.. it failed also.. i was brought back to the main menu, yet now my game isn't saved.. and i lost 2 hour's of progress.. does anyone know how to fix this ;'(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
OK, now im pissed off ..
You guy's know Explorer's of The sky? Right?
Well, i got the ROM then i played for like 2 hour's straight, Everything was perfect, i could save and all.. I was a level 20 Piplup and my partner was a level 19 Rilou ... THEN... I got to save during a mission.. And when you save during a mission it bring's you back to the main screen.. So.. the first save failed.. i re-tried.. it failed also.. i was brought back to the main menu, yet now my game isn't saved.. and i lost 2 hour's of progress.. does anyone know how to fix this ;'(
This doesn't really belong here...
But I'll answer. EoS for some reason has weird save type so it needs 2MB or something like that...
And 'cause No$GBA doesn't cover that it cannot be played through it.
Try to use DeSmuME

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
The problem with the battle glitch is, it's on every map, not a certain one. And I don't even have a backup. Is there any hope?

Having backups is pretty important, I hope you learned the lesson. Anyway, there a still some hopes, manually hex editing the ROM. It's a tiring job, and might require quite some time. If you're interested, just say so and I'll try to explain you in the easiest way I can.

I know I can do that; I was just wondering if there was a way to delete the Pokes I don't need to make some extra space. That's all.

Well... it mostly depends what do you mean exactly by deleting them, but seeing as you don't need some extra space, why would you go deleting them in first place?

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
Years
How do you give the player running shoes? I've searched all over but I can't find anything that shows you how to write a script that gives you running shoes. I need one so I can go on with my hack.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Years
How do you give the player running shoes? I've searched all over but I can't find anything that shows you how to write a script that gives you running shoes. I need one so I can go on with my hack.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

0x82F - Activates Running Shoes
I'm pretty sure that is it, if you're reffering to Fire Red.

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
Years
I'm pretty sure that is it, if you're reffering to Fire Red.
Sorry I forgot to say that I'm hacking ruby. I figured it out. I used
Code:
#org $script
lock 
faceplayer
setflag 0x860  
message $talk
$talk 1 = Here are some running shoes!
boxset 6 
release
end
Thanks anyways though!

Cannavaro

I Think I Fall In Love With U
Years
May I Ask a Question : How to change Trainer Backsprite of PKM Ruby ? I'm Making a PKM Version but I Stuck at this, If U have a link to some Tut a bout this, Please give me.

P/S: Mod, S-Mod please don't slash me, I'm Just Newbie

Years
May I Ask a Question : How to change Trainer Backsprite of PKM Ruby ? I'm Making a PKM Version but I Stuck at this, If U have a link to some Tut a bout this, Please give me.

P/S: Mod, S-Mod please don't slash me, I'm Just Newbie

You need to download unLZ.gba from the Toolbox section, open your Rom in it. Then go to image offset 1363, and search around there (I can't remember exactly- it might be 1636. But yeah, search around those image offsets, and you'll find the Backsprite image. Save the actual image, and you can edit it.
And by the way- don't assume that mods and super-mods will "slash" you. They didn't become mods by slashing people, so they're not going to start now just because you're new here.
narutoactor, try not to be like that. He said compile a script, not make one. In response to that question, I'm sorry, but I can't help- compiling scripts doesn't open Notepad but I'm still a total XSE newb, so I'm afraid I can't help.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do you take out the option for playing a boy or a girl, and force people to just play a guy?

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
Well... it mostly depends what do you mean exactly by deleting them, but seeing as you don't need some extra space, why would you go deleting them in first place?

Let me rephrase with a simple comma.

I know I can do that; I was just wondering if there was a way to delete the Pokes I don't need, to make some extra space. That's all.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How do you take out the option for playing a boy or a girl, and force people to just play a guy?

Only through ASM.

Let me rephrase with a simple comma.

I know I can do that; I was just wondering if there was a way to delete the Pokes I don't need, to make some extra space. That's all.

That makes more sense. The best way would be using a hex editor, and erasing all the data of the Pokémon you won't need. As a suggestion it would be better if you delete, say the last 210 ones or so. This includes Pokédex data, movesets, evolutions, sprites and more. When you're done, you have to make sure the erased Pokémon are no way obtainable or else bad things will happen, obviously.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
That seriously depends what you did to your ROM, if you've done nothing yet then you've got a bad ROM... If you've changed tiles or tilesets, or what not, then you need to tell us what, otherwise we can't help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back