• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<= PUZZLES! => The Professor Layton Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Welcome to the Professor Layton Fan Club!

layton1279116654.jpg

Professor Layton is the series of hugely popular puzzle games released on the DS/3DS. There are books and a movie, but this fan club will focus on the games.

~ ~ LIST OF VIDEO GAME RELEASES: ~ ~
(Releases are all western dates. Released games are bolded)

The Curious Village [DS; 2008]
The Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box [DS; 2009]
The Unwound Future/Lost Future [DS; 2010]

The Spectre's Flute/Flute of Malevolent Destiny [DS; TBA]
The Mask of Miracle [3DS; TBA]
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright [3DS; May not be released in English]
Unnamed 6th Game [In development]

~~ RULES ~~

I'm not a big fan of rules, so I'll keep them brief:

1) Please hide all spoilers.
Not everyone has played all of the games.

2) Images are welcome, but of course, nothing explicit.
Explicit images can be linked, but not posted.

3) Going off topic is fine.
This is a place to not only discuss Professor Layton, but for fans to also meet and such.

4) Not all topics have to be answered. In other words, if you're new, and can't be bothered answering the questions in the topics, that's okay- you don't have to. You can pick and choose if you like.

~~ MEMBERS ~~

~ Puzzle Master ~

Nutella

~ Apprentices ~

Lightning
Pikachewy
Edsbob
~Ryukaa
Starrodkirby86
Impo
Weespotty
TheGoddessOfDiscord

King!

~~ DISCUSSION TOPICS ~~

1. Which was the first game you played?
  2. Which game is your favourite?
  3. What is your favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?
  4. Who is your favourite character?
  5. How did you get to know about Professor Layton? (credit to Pikachewy)
  6. Which character do you think resembles you?(credit to Pikachewy)
  7. Would you consider the Professor Layton series as your favourite game? If not, what would you rate it in your top 10 favourite games?(credit to Pikachewy)

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
/joins

I love Professor Layton. n_n I'm so glad it's a successful series here in the West (apparently, though I'm the only person I really know IRL who plays it) because it means the other games will be localized.

Which was the first game you played?
I got into the series shortly after the first game was released so I started with that and have played them in order. :)

Which game is your favourite?
Favourite plot was the first one but I think the third one has had my favourite puzzles so far.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Aww~<3, Cherrim... Anyway, onto the topic...

It's very successful in Australia as well. So far we've seen the first three, the Spectre's Flute will almost definitely be released Down Under. =) I also started off with the Curious Village, and the only thing I could complain about was how short it was. I WANTED MOAR, haha.

I thought the plot of the second game wasn't nearly as good as the first. The third game was spectacular, and I'll always fondly remember Legal Luke. I just loved that car puzzle! X)

Cherrim

Years
Third game had such a strange plot but at least it wasn't... AS bad (believability-wise) as the second game's. I think. xD;

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Definitely. The second game was as tenuous as tenuousness itself. Still, burlesque house FTW.

Cherrim

Years
Haha, I'd forgotten about that! I though it was kind of a risque thing to put in a children's game. :P Not that they'd understand, I suppose. Or that the games are really played by any kids I know.

Pikachewy

Should be doing homework atm.
Years
Please count me in! XD I'm a noob to the game and I've just played the beginning of the Curious Village... :cer_blush: But I really like the game and movie :P

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Haha, I'd forgotten about that! I though it was kind of a risque thing to put in a children's game.:P Not that they'd understand, I suppose. Or that the games are really played by any kids I know.

Professor Layton seems to appeal to older kids. Well, kids older than I thought. I don't know of a fan under 13.

Please count me in! XD I'm a noob to the game and I've just played the beginning of the Curious Village...
9.%20blush.gif
But I really like the game and movie :P

My word, YOUR SIG IS TOO COOL! Anyway, welcome, Pikachewy! Dude, you're so in. Let me know how you go~ Also, did you like the movie? I saw it in Japanese, and seriously, the English voices are better. CRM 4eva~♥ They made an English version of the movie in London, apparently. Hopefully we get the books as well. Yeah.

"This reminds me of a puzzle!"

█████
█████
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
C/ ▪ |▪|
██ ◡'ノ
███v█
███ █

EPIC WIN RIGHT THERE!

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
"Pikachewy's sig."
SUBTITLES: Epic Win.

Keeping to mah promise, plus Rayton, Ruke and the puzzles are long-lasting fun so please count me in or 'I'll smash you right out of the sky!'.

Curious Village. I still remember the first viewing of the beautifully animated movies.

Unwound future. The plot went here and there near the end, but I loved almost everything else about it.

Cherrim

Years
Ohh I saw the movie. :D I loved it and if they release an English version on DVD, I'll definitely buy it.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Welcome, Eddy~♥!

Yes, I'll definitely watch/buy the English version. Layton's voice is MUCH better in English.

New topic: Favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?

Pikachewy

Should be doing homework atm.
Years
My favourite type of puzzle is one of those trick questions. Such as "what is the last letter of the Alphabet?" Lol, ;)

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
My favourite type of puzzle is one of those trick questions. Such as "what is the last letter of the Alphabet?" Lol, ;)

LOL, MAH FELLOW AUSTRALIAN! I like swapping stuff, like those foodstuff can ones, jugs, crossing the river, etc.. I also enjoy dividing things, too. Damn people and their inheritance disputes! -__-

Edsbob

Years
I always liked the pancakes, the jugs, the division ones. I now like the slider puzzles as well.

"Thanks to the Professor Layton series, now I can solve that toucan slider puzzle on the Windows Vista Widget in two minutes. TAKE THAT, TOUCAN!

With Professor Layton, you can beat that toucan!"

Cherrim

Years
Hmm. I think my favourite puzzle types are the math ones. 8D; Otherwise, I actually kind of like the slider ones so long as I don't have to do it in a certain number of turns.

I haaaated the slider puzzles the first time I had to do them but Layton got me into them. xD I have a game on my phone that's entirely sliding puzzles and it's probably my favourite thing to do when I'm sitting on the bus or in a waiting room.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I've got to join this. xDD;;

Curious Village, naturally.
So faaar... the Lost Future. It was the story that appealed most to me. xD;
What is your favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?
...:B
Probably the banana slip mazes.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I haaaated the slider puzzles the first time I had to do them but Layton got me into them. xD I have a game on my phone that's entirely sliding puzzles and it's probably my favourite thing to do when I'm sitting on the bus or in a waiting room.

The ones where you have to do it an [x] amount of times made me feel like I was roasting alive from the inside. Haha, my old Samsung had an ap where you can make slider puzzles out of your existing images. It sadly, did not improve my skills. It did however, give me an edge on the puzzle in Zelda's Wind Waker.

Probably the banana slip mazes

How could I forget that?! They were SO WIN! It also reminds me of how much I loved that mini-game in the Professor's trunk where you had to plan out a route for the Laytonmobile.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Slider puzzles...

...Love-hate relationship...

That reminds me that I still need to finish all the slider puzzles in the third game... That gate one, the second time around, hoo boy.

I watched Curious Village being played and I helped in it, so I can't really consider that for credit. So...Diabolical Box.

Unwound Future. I shed man tears for that.

What is your favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?
The ice slipping one was really enjoyable (In Diabolical Box, the banana peel slipping over in Unwound Future is pretty much the same), and my favorite puzzle types are usually the trick question ones.

v Spoiler about content of Diabolical Box Reopened v
Spoiler:

Edsbob

Years
The ice slipping one was really enjoyable (In Diabolical Box, the banana peel slipping over in Unwound Future is pretty much the same), and my favorite puzzle types are usually the trick question ones.

YES.

The ice slipping ones make the Pokemon Ice Cave a leisurely slide. They're fun too.

I still remember the puzzle in the first game where you had to stake the monster's eye...

On a seperate note, I always jump when I hear the "BOOOOWww..." noise when you get the answer incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back