• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
This game plays REALLY well on my PSP using gPSP.

Also, is anyone having the issue of the Pokecenter before UnionCave glitching?

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
How do you download and get shiny gold to work? I was told that you need to download pokemon fire red and than patch shiny gold to it to make it work. How do you do that?

This game plays REALLY well on my PSP using gPSP.

Also, is anyone having the issue of the Pokecenter before UnionCave glitching?

yes, It's the route 32 killing pc

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Gotcha. It crashed my emulator, so I thought it might have just been my specific emulator. Thanks for explaining this.

No it's a bug in the game and it affects everyone, I never experienced myself until yesterday while I was playing shinygold on my psp. Good thing I saved recently beforehand

Last edited:

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
Years
the bug is the pc will crash if that s the first pc you go to when you restart. However within the same game session you go to violet then route 32 pc youll be fine.

But yeah the psp is really good with this. Have 3 badges no problems so far.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
From, "your" point of view, aren't they referred to as Jess and Jamie? =P

-Krobe

It was a reference to the Rockets of the official anime/game, just that (and my J&J are a tribute to the real ones, so... it was kinda the same thing ^^)

Amazing hack Zel, just one question.
Are you planning to add Eusine into Shinygold?
I know he was only in Crystal, but I still think it'd be cool to have him in the game.

Nope. And there are two reasons: The first is that this is a remake of Gold, not Crystal. But, the most important reason is that Suicune's event has already been implemented in the game, and, considering the event is closely related to the other two beast's event, I cannot modify the script anymore. That's why it'll remain as it is. Without Eusine (the only thing I liked about Eusine was his BGM theme, anyway -_-)

Zel, I wanted to do a suggestion: Moon Stones and Sun stones are obtainable in wild pokémon, and Sun is also obtainable in the Bug-catching Contest, but there are a very limited number of other stones. I suggest you to make a font of these, like making someone trade them for an amount of heart scales, stardusts or other items obtainable through thief.
Instead, you could make something similar to battle tower in Viridian's Trainer House, but with a random TM/Stone as a prize, after, let's say, 10 battles, to make it harder. Unbuyable TMs as thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam and aerial ace[if you kept it] and fire, water, leaf and thunder stones.
Otherwise, you could make a battle points system to the battle tower.
By the way, I always get water stone in Dragon's Den[not a glitch, always defeat them in the same order], so, if I only use stones on the ones which evolutions aren't findable in the wild, I believe I still need: one leaf stone, one fire stone and one water stone to complete the pokédex[only considering the obtainable pokémon I listed].

Well, there's one of each that you can get from Bill's granpa. Then one that can be gotten in the Dragon's Den. Then there are a few others at the Safari Zone. For now I think you have all that you could be needing during your normal play. If you were to need others it would be for collecting reasons, and that kind of quests can wait till the last parts of the game.
So, there's no need to rush it yet. It's fine for now in my opinion.

About the points and that thing, I have something like that already planned but for those islands things you saw before. So, I have to do something else on the T.House (but, more of that will be posted about at the end of this post)

I already mentioned the places where elemental stones could be found, I think that you'll get all that you've been looking for.

How?
I call them using the phone booth thing, and I get some 'Hi, I almost caught a Weedle' kind of message, then when I go talk to them in person, they ask remove my # from your phone card?

Because there are two things to remember about Phone Booths: 1-The rematch is a randomized event, so you need to keep insisting if you so much want a rematch (this is to prevent abuse of the rematch system). And 2-Once you get a rematch, a "timed event" is setted so you cant get rematches from other people till an ammount of time (or steps) have passed.
Rematches really require that you have a lot of patience, I really didn't like the abuse the VS.Seeker was getting... In the other hand rematches will surely be better once you get them :)

Back to the updates business, I'm really a bit frustrated because I couldn't make much with the Trainer Tower scripts researching, it's really confusing and I've seen that setvar 0x8004 0xstuff and special 0x194 so many times that I'll dream about them for a few days... That special must be something really special, so I suggest people doing scripting programs to dedicate a lot of time to research it ;P
Anyway, for now I've decided to make the Viridian's Trainer House as it was in the original. But I'll leave that as a "temporary" solution as perhaps something else could be thought about it in the future.
And with that, I'll hopefully finish with Viridian once and... till I have to return for the Gym battle...

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
Zel ur hack is great!
I haven´t played the beta 5 because i´m waiting for the final version, but i know it is great ;)
Good luck!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Well, I believe I've gotten all stones [but the thunder stone with Bill's grandpa, however, i'm counting with it]. If there's a leaf stone in safari zone, I'm not really sure I've gotten it, so, it still lacks stones in order to complete pokedex. Just for saying it.

Another suggestion: you could use battle tower trainers' AI with Elite 4 and/or Elite 4 round 2. This way they'll surely be better battlers. ^^

About the trainer house, you could put a random battle with Cal, Carlos, Ard, Silver and Amelia, after you have your last battle with them. I don't see Ashlee going to Trainer House, though.
At least this way we could keep seeing them.
Could you tell me more about Ard's history? He's such a mentally perturbed character that makes me want to study his motivations. I'd kind of like battle together with him.
And when he uses Pinsir, Heracross, Scyther and/or Scizor, he's going go be quite devastating.
I'd also like to see Amelia, or even Ard, beating Carlos. Amelia is my favorite rival.
Guess Ard has my simpathy, Amelia my respect, Carlos my pity and Aslee a bit of each.
You've created very interesting characters, Zel.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I support GB's idea (mainly because I was thinking on it before coming here ^^"), but Silver is perfectly in the League entrance, I think Ashlee would fit better than him.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Hello, I have a friend who told me about Shinygold, and I downloaded it, and began playing. Very fun. :)

Years
how did you mate?
i have ispwin
when i open it theres
"File To Patch" &
"IPS Patch To Use"

so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ?
and "IPS Patch to Use"?
Pleae i have been waiting for almost more than 2 weeks to play

i have visual gba

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The battle towers AI for the E4? No, it's not possible, because as I was explaining at another thread, Nintendo made those trainers really different as what we usually know (the way the info is stored is different and I cannot figure it out...), so all I can do is deal with the stuff we know about. Maybe I'll take a look at those guides at Gamefaqs with suggested movesets, so we can see how would they work... But I said it before... I'm sure the AI would randomly pick moves (though it seems to use certain moves better than others, as my experience tells...)

I'm not really excited by the idea of gathering all the trainers at a same place, specially if the place is really small, as Viridian's Trainer House, that's why I have other plans... Which I cannot reveal... ;P

More about Ard? What I have thought about his bios is that he was attacked by a wild Pokemon when he was little, and then a Scyther saved his life... So... Imagine how his fascination over Bug Pokemon started, which makes him stick around the places where bugs gather, and always trying to show everyone how great bugs are.
From the lineup you mentioned, it's kinda divided into the normal and X version (though I like his X's team more, obviously)

According to what I have planned (regarding rivals), there are two battles with Silver (one would be the one at the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and the other at Mt.Moon), then there's another battle with Ard, another with Amelia, and the usual J&J battle. And finally, a critical battle against Carlos (which as I suggested when I made the battle after the E4, dont forget to save! :badsmile:)

Well, I'm gonna go back to mapping the R24. I finally made it to the other side of the door of the pre-V.Road building! :D

CARLOS: WHAT! Some of those losers beating me? Yeah... You wish! Hahaha!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The battle towers AI for the E4? No, it's not possible, because as I was explaining at another thread, Nintendo made those trainers really different as what we usually know (the way the info is stored is different and I cannot figure it out...), so all I can do is deal with the stuff we know about. Maybe I'll take a look at those guides at Gamefaqs with suggested movesets, so we can see how would they work... But I said it before... I'm sure the AI would randomly pick moves (though it seems to use certain moves better than others, as my experience tells...)

I'm not really excited by the idea of gathering all the trainers at a same place, specially if the place is really small, as Viridian's Trainer House, that's why I have other plans... Which I cannot reveal... ;P

More about Ard? What I have thought about his bios is that he was attacked by a wild Pokemon when he was little, and then a Scyther saved his life... So... Imagine how his fascination over Bug Pokemon started, which makes him stick around the places where bugs gather, and always trying to show everyone how great bugs are.
From the lineup you mentioned, it's kinda divided into the normal and X version (though I like his X's team more, obviously)

According to what I have planned (regarding rivals), there are two battles with Silver (one would be the one at the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and the other at Mt.Moon), then there's another battle with Ard, another with Amelia, and the usual J&J battle. And finally, a critical battle against Carlos (which as I suggested when I made the battle after the E4, dont forget to save! :badsmile:)

Well, I'm gonna go back to mapping the R24. I finally made it to the other side of the door of the pre-V.Road building! :D

When you face Ard, are you going to make a flashback sequence sequence before he battles you?

Years
I have downloaded Fire Red so
so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ? Fire Red??? Or Shiny Gold
and "IPS Patch to Use"? Fire Red?? Or Shiny Gold

Please help me

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023

Actually, I pictured something like: Ard battles Carlos, and is quite crushed, then, amelia comes and proofs that Carlos shouldn't be so self-confident.

I'm still thinking in how you're going to make Beldum obtainable. Guess Amelia is giving us one.

Last edited:

Elainia

Rocky FTW!!!
Years
I have downloaded Fire Red so
so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ? Fire Red??? Or Shiny Gold
and "IPS Patch to Use"? Fire Red?? Or Shiny Gold

Please help me

For "file to patch," put FireRed. For "IPS Patch to Use," put Shiny Gold. Hope this helped!

Back