• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
So I am playing my Omega Ruby version right now and I just put in the POKEMON503 code to get my Event Samurott. I went to the Pokemon Center to get it and the woman gives me a Lv. 100 Arceus with an OT written in Japanese characters. It's Adamant and holding an Insect Plate.

I have no recollection of redeeming an Arceus event and I have no recollection of there even being an Arceus event. Any idea how this happened?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
So I am playing my Omega Ruby version right now and I just put in the POKEMON503 code to get my Event Samurott. I went to the Pokemon Center to get it and the woman gives me a Lv. 100 Arceus with an OT written in Japanese characters. It's Adamant and holding an Insect Plate.

I have no recollection of redeeming an Arceus event and I have no recollection of there even being an Arceus event. Any idea how this happened?

Intriguing. Arceus event is japanese for preordering movie tickets. I wonder if theyve messed up.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
Breeding Question from a Newbie

Hey guys, Shinken here! I've just today started my foray into the realm of Pokemon breeding. I have watched countless videos, including looked up various guides on the subject.

Sadly... I am stumped on something.

I will do my best not to stumble over my explanation, as I'm still figuring out how to word it.

I am trying to breed a good IV Roselia with a Timid nature and Technician.

What I have
A male Roselia with 5 IV's in all the right places.
A female Roselia with Timid Nature.

I am missing a pokemon with Technician.

Now I have been breeding Roselias by giving the Destiny Knot to the Male, and an Everstone to the female to pass down her nature.

I keep getting pokemon who's IV's aren't exactly stellar, but they have the right nature.

My questions are twofold:
1) why are the IV's not transferring? What step am I doing wrong?
2) How the heck am I going to get Technician on this thing?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated! (I also apologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum >< ) Thanks in advance!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
1. Destiny Knot breeding is all about luck. It picks 5 out of the 12 combined IVs of the offspring and transfers them to the offspring; the 6th is randomly generated. You just didn't get lucky at that point.

2. Roselia has Leaf Guard has its Dream World/Hidden Ability. It changes to Technician when it evolves into Roserade. The only way to have a DW/Hidden Ability offspring with non-Ditto parents is to have the female Pokemon have that ability; males only pass down their Dream World/Hidden Abilities when they're paired with Ditto.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
Ok, so I should just keep hatching? Can do.

So Roserade gets Technician upon level evolution? Sweet. That solves that!

Thanks for your quick reply!

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Is it possible to trade eggs?

I want to restart my game and start with a Duskull if that makes sense.

And if you can trade eggs, will I count as the original trainer or my friend?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Yeah, you can trade Eggs. Just not through PokéBank, GTS and Wonder Trade. Also, whoever hatches the Egg will be the hatchling's Trainer, so you can rename the hatchling and all that~ So yesh, if you're the one who hatches it, then you'll be the hatchling's trainer. :3

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023

Yes, you can trade eggs through direct trade.
And it will have your OT as long as you're the one to hatch it.

edit: ninja'd by destinedjagold. :p

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
So by direct trade what do you mean? Like do I have to be physically next to my friend when trading or can we trade by wifi?

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
So by direct trade what do you mean? Like do I have to be physically next to my friend when trading or can we trade by wifi?

By direct trade, I mean between two people with each other's FC's. So yes, it can be done by Wi-Fi. :)
-----------------------------------------
I have a few questions of my own.
What exactly are the restrictions in Battle Spot, specifically Free Battles?
And can I use non-KB Pokemon? Are legendaries banned?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a few questions of my own.
What exactly are the restrictions in Battle Spot, specifically Free Battles?
And can I use non-KB Pokemon? Are legendaries banned?

Here's what I found...

• All Pokémon can participate in Free Battles.
  • In Rating Battles, all Pokémon can participate, excluding certain Legendary and Mythical Pokémon.
【Pokémon that Can't Participate in Rating Battles】
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde.​
  • All Lv. 51 and above Pokémon will become Lv. 50 during battles. Their moves will remain the same.
  • A player's team may not contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number.
  • Only Pokémon obtained through normal play or received as a gift from an official event or promotion may participate.
Pokémon may use only moves learned by one of the following methods:
  1. By leveling up
  2. By TM or HM
  3. As an Egg Move, through breeding
  4. From a character in the game
  5. Already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion

Those I bolded contradict each other though, but from my understanding, I think it means that you can only bring 'mons caught/bred in Gen. 6 games. :/
But I could be wrong. I've been avoiding Free Battles 'cause lots of rage quitters exist in Free Battles from my experience. :P

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Here's what I found...

Those I bolded contradict each other though, but from my understanding, I think it means that you can only bring 'mons caught/bred in Gen. 6 games. :/
But I could be wrong. I've been avoiding Free Battles 'cause lots of rage quitters exist in Free Battles from my experience. :P

Rage quitting tends to be rare lately (I think I had one so far) but free battles tend to bring out the big legendary teams so I might switch to rating battles because I hate the all legendary teams.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years

Yes that is possible but only if either you happen to have an extra 3ds or if you have a friend with one (and the game) as well. It is not possible to put an egg on Pokemon Bank to later 'take it out' in your new game.

If you breed a Duskull egg on, lets say, your current save file > trade the egg over to another game on a second 3ds system (either your console or with a friend) > you can later trade the egg back to your new save file and hatch it, even though the egg is from your previous save file as another trainer, since you hatch it in your new game you will be the OT :) (so it depends who hatches it).

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
So I just reached Fortree (finally). Is it still possible to skip Winona? I'd like to head down to Mt Pyre first and catch another team member before heading back to Winona, so I can use Winona's Gym to train up my new team member.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
So I just reached Fortree (finally). Is it still possible to skip Winona? I'd like to head down to Mt Pyre first and catch another team member before heading back to Winona, so I can use Winona's Gym to train up my new team member.

No, they made it where you have to beat her before continuing. You can go down close to Route 121, but then there's a guy that will stop you until you get her badge.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Is there a certain point in the game I need to reach before I can trade? Because I restarted my game but can't figure out how to trade.

llr

Years
  • Age 65
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Is there a certain point in the game I need to reach before I can trade? Because I restarted my game but can't figure out how to trade.
Which game?

As soon as you can access the PSS screen. In XY like right after you get your starter, if I recall correctly.
I don't remember when you can access the PSS screen in ORAS it may be after you talk to Mr Stone.
The PSS screen is the gold lower screen. At the top of the screen there is a white circle with a gray thing in it touch that. It will take you to a menu that has a trade button.
The easier way is just touch the avatar of the friend you want to trade with then select trade.
They have to be online in the game, Or you can both be in the same room offline.
If your in one of the older games when they'll allow you upstairs in the Pokemon Centers. Some where after the first Gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back