• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [OOC/SU]

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I was gonna finish the chapter, but I decided to stop at Sandgem because it said that players can interact with each other, and I don't want to skip right through that part in fear that someone actually would want to interact with my character. Best not to go ahead of the flow.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
I'm working on a first post to dish out tonight. So do we catch one Pokemon per route, or however many we like?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
^You could catch any amount of Pokemon you want. I told you guys could do anything. Be a collector, a badge hunter [you're all trainers, so whatever], a researcher, or just the random dude/gal travelling around, sightseeing.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I re-did my Sign-Up sheet to make it look like less of an eyesore. For my first time using CSS, I'm proud ^^ I also expanded exponentially on the personality section to define her "neutral" attitude that she adorns throughout the entire thing.

Also, I read up on some of the other characters in the RP and realized that Jegretis' character probably wouldn't get along well with mine. They'd probably end up fighting lol

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
I never really learned how to use CSS. I may, though, one of this days.

Also, your appearance pic is no longer appearing (lol punny). I think it's a broken link or something.

On another note, I have not done much GM'ing yet, as this RP tends to leave a whole lot to the players. I am having second thoughts for the inclusion of a leveling-system, pretty much moderated by me. Do you want it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think i'd rather levelling so I can have a good idea how strong my Pokémon can be, and how it would fare up to others. Idk, adds a fairness to it i spose? Especially when battling.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
It's appearing for me o.o See if it's fixed now.

Eh, I don't really like the leveling idea. I'd rather focus more on the story-line as opposed to the level of my Pokemon. I don't even like training in the actual games lawl. Besides, Pokemon should reflect their Trainer's capabilities, not what level they're at. If it's just levels, it's the old "MY POKEMON IS LEVEL 20 URS IS LVL 10 SO IM STRONGER" thing. If they reflect the Trainer, it's more interesting and there can be more room for engaging advantages and realistic flaws. As for overpowering, we should all be sensible enough to not go completely nuts at the very beginning :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It's appearing for me o.o See if it's fixed now.

Eh, I don't really like the leveling idea. I'd rather focus more on the story-line as opposed to the level of my Pokemon. I don't even like training in the actual games lawl. Besides, Pokemon should reflect their Trainer's capabilities, not what level they're at. If it's just levels, it's the old "MY POKEMON IS LEVEL 20 URS IS LVL 10 SO IM STRONGER" thing. If they reflect the Trainer, it's more interesting and there can be more room for engaging advantages and realistic flaws. As for overpowering, we should all be sensible enough to not go completely nuts at the very beginning :P

I always see battling as both a battle between writing (who is the better writer, or the *smarter* writer, i spose) and who is the fairest, really. Levelling just gives you a cap, really. Say you had a roleplay that had been going for a few months, then a person just joins and challenges another person to a pokemon battle, he could technically win if there was nothing in ... well, stone (like a level that someone has worked towards getting high). Levels, like type, are just another factor that goes in that can help members and a GM determine who is going to be the winner.

i mean in a roleplay anyway, everyone works towards something, be it character develop, raising their pokemon, gathering items, trying to get to the end or just all of them combined

god i hope i made sense.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I always see battling as both a battle between writing (who is the better writer, or the *smarter* writer, i spose) and who is the fairest, really. Levelling just gives you a cap, really. Say you had a roleplay that had been going for a few months, then a person just joins and challenges another person to a pokemon battle, he could technically win if there was nothing in ... well, stone (like a level that someone has worked towards getting high). Levels, like type, are just another factor that goes in that can help members and a GM determine who is going to be the winner.

i mean in a roleplay anyway, everyone works towards something, be it character develop, raising their pokemon, gathering items, trying to get to the end or just all of them combined

god i hope i made sense.

Yeah, you made sense lol. I can see what you mean, but that whole "powerful new person" thing probably wouldn't happen. What I'd foresee happening is that they'd just be a lot weaker since they just started out and wouldn't have training, whereas someone halfway through would obviously have a lot of training. I guess it wouldn't hurt though, since we'd probably end up getting someone like that.

miltankRancher

Years
Well, for me in the eyes of a player, I see leveling as an advantage somehow affecting how a player writes, especially when a Pokemon-roleplay is concerned. Level had been a central element in the games and I could not see why it would not be when it comes to roleplay. :) I think the higher a level goes, the more creative a writer can be with his/her posts.

so is it another +1 for yay?

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Sure, why not. What could it hurt? That's gonna be tough to keep track of everyone though, so good luck :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
I would be up for a levelling system! I agree with Skymin, it just gives us another kind of indicator of how our Pokémon are doing and would mean that if new people joined, they wouldn't just come in and start winning battle's straight off the bat necessarily! So, I'm a yay for this one.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
On the subject of a leveling system, I give a resounding YES. It really does reflect how much effort someone puts into their writing. For instance, two scenarios with considerable differences in effort:

Spoiler:

Alternatively:

Spoiler:

I'm not going to finish that last one because it would take a while, but obviously the battle from the second one ought to get more levels. I'm not saying novels should have to be written to get more than a level, but in the first one it's very much in game format. Like

Rattata used TACKLE!

Pidgey used SAND ATTACK!

And there's not much else going on. See what I mean? A level system rewards effort put into battles and posts. And I <3 that.

Years
Well, if I'm not too late. Could I reserve Piplup and nab that last slot?
I can get my signup done within the day.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I should probably get a post up.

Speaking of which, where are the other players? Nobody else has posted other than us lol.

miltankRancher

Years
@Jegretis: I have no idea either. I sent them all a VM though none replied back.

@Uccello: Alright! You're RESERVED for Buneary. I'll edit the first post once this crappy internet of mine gets back to normal. -_- plus, I'll require you to include an RP sample. :) Thanks!

Back