• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Walking Dead Fanclub

Honest

Hi!
Years
Both of you have been added! And I dunno Alexia, I'd actually have been quite happy to gotten Shane. Like I told you before, I found Shane an awesome character.

Anyway, I just saw the latest episode, and so I have a new Topic of the Week

The latest episode focuses on Andrea the most, as she manages to reconnect with Rick's group and comes to realize the truth behind the Governor. That being said, she failed to kill him at the end of the show, which leaves me to ask this: How do you believe Andrea will play a part in the war between Woodbury and the prison group?

Sirfetch’d

The show really seems to have moved a lot from Rick to all Andrea this season. I really like her and I am glad she is getting more focus. I think that it is too early for her to kill the governor, but that doesn't mean she won't. She is very confused at the moment and is still thankful to the governor for all he has done for her. In the end I think that she will choose her friends over the governor, but likely this will be in the finale as it makes no sense to kill him this early. I think that Andrea will be the deciding factor in the war.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Both of you have been added! And I dunno Alexia, I'd actually have been quite happy to gotten Shane. Like I told you before, I found Shane an awesome character.

Anyway, I just saw the latest episode, and so I have a new Topic of the Week

The latest episode focuses on Andrea the most, as she manages to reconnect with Rick's group and comes to realize the truth behind the Governor. That being said, she failed to kill him at the end of the show, which leaves me to ask this: How do you believe Andrea will play a part in the war between Woodbury and the prison group?

Ugh... Shane... He's definitely the most polarizing character in both the show and the book. I view him as more of a storytelling tool more than anything, but there's no doubt he was well equipped to live in an apocalyptic world.

As for the topic of the week, I strongly feel that Andrea will eventually come around to the side of Rick and crew after a) the Governor truly assaults the prison, or b) Rick and crew truly assault Woodbury.

She's been flip-flopping quite a bit and while it provides great drama, if she's to remain a character in the show she'll have to pick the winning side eventually. I don't believe they'll actually kill her in the show given her long life in the comic series, so that really only leaves her with the option of choosing Rick over Phillip.

Her relationship with Michonne and their most recent conversation definitely gave Andrea something to think about. Following that up with such a fantastic and uncharacteristic suggestion from Carol seems to have pushed Andrea over an edge of sorts. The mere fact that she was actively contemplating killing Phillip shows how much she's been affected by her visit to the prison. I sincerely hope she plays a large role in the final confrontation between Phillip and Rick and, given how the show has surprised those who've read the comic, I'm fairly sure said confrontation won't go exactly as we all expect it to (Rick still has two arms, doesn't he?).

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh, I think there's no doubt in anyone's mind that Andrea will be the deciding factor in the end of the war. That conversation between Michonne and Andrea was probably my favorite scene in the episode, it really impacted Andrea. And yeah, Carol's suggestion to stick a knife into Phil (isn't his name Phil, not Patrick?) was whoa. The fact that she almost did it was cool too.

For the record by the way, Andrea in the show is gorgeous. Just saying.

As for Rick having both arms, I'm not so sure if they're going to go in that direction in the show. I could be wrong, and it'd be impressive to pull off (no pun intended), but I feel like acting without a hand is gonna be extremely difficult.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Oh, I think there's no doubt in anyone's mind that Andrea will be the deciding factor in the end of the war. That conversation between Michonne and Andrea was probably my favorite scene in the episode, it really impacted Andrea. And yeah, Carol's suggestion to stick a knife into Phil (isn't his name Phil, not Patrick?) was whoa. The fact that she almost did it was cool too.

For the record by the way, Andrea in the show is gorgeous. Just saying.

As for Rick having both arms, I'm not so sure if they're going to go in that direction in the show. I could be wrong, and it'd be impressive to pull off (no pun intended), but I feel like acting without a hand is gonna be extremely difficult.

PHILLIP!!! I knew I had it wrong somehow, but just went with it rather than actually use Google to not look like an idiot.

I couldn't agree more about the missing missing arm. They'll have to devote a huge amount of money to CG or just keep Rick out of as many scenes they can if they're going to try to pull it off (great pun).

Honest

Hi!
Years
Yupyup, look at how they're showing Hershel's leg. He's been in more scenes where his body below the waist is off screen. Can't exactly do the same thing to Rick's arm.

Since we're talking about comic book/TV correlations, I also doubt the governor's losing his arm. The way he lost his eye was well thought out, I must admit.

Years
Ugh but I for one really want Rick to lose his arm. Not in a sadistic way, but his armless-ness really impacts him as a character - I mean he's missing an appendage for god's sakes! Maybe he could just wear a straight jacket so you never have to see his arm and to keep everyone safe from crazy Rick? Also, that was one part in the comic that really gave you a feel for how crazy and horrible The Governor is (I know what happened between him and Michonne was what really showed who he was, but first impressions are everything!) Speaking of Michonne, I wonder what will happen between her and The Governor? My thoughts on the comic events are that if they're going to happen, they'll be next episode. Everything seems set into place with the whole "adventure" that Rick, Michonne and Carl are partaking...

I doubt the governor will lose anything other than his eye. I think the whole Michonne torturing him scene was reformatted to their little fight for TV.

Sirfetch’d

Oh so Rick loses his arm in the comics? That would be interesting to see on the show.

As for the next episode I cannot wait to see this adventure because everyone is saying that it will be really good. I know the hate between Michonne and the Governor is strong and I cannot wait to see what heppens.

Honest

Hi!
Years
No problem Adam.

And god, how did the whole adventure thing slip my mind? I have a feeling the next episode will probably be the most intense one we've had in a while, everything just seems to be falling in place for a big climax.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
No problem Adam.

And god, how did the whole adventure thing slip my mind? I have a feeling the next episode will probably be the most intense one we've had in a while, everything just seems to be falling in place for a big climax.

It better be! I'm looking forward to seeing some real action going on. some real amputation action. >:D

Anyway! Topic of the week discussion!

I'm sorry but wtf Andrea? Totally blew her shot. I mean, I know it would destroy the entire arc if she killed him (not to mention they really have to milk it because after the Governor's arc in the comics we're not all that far from real civilization showing up :x) but still.. Girl should have pulled that knife.

Anyway, I've got some speculations here.. I still think Andrea's role in this whole thing and her turn from Woodbury to the Ricktatorship is going to depend on the Governor's actions -- not to Rick and the gang -- but in Woodbury and its citizens. She's already proven herself to be emotionally invested in them and has basically turned into the glue and morale of the town.. I think, the instant the Governor starts turning on his own people (as opposed to Rick), that's when we'll see Andrea go to the prison for real. As soon as the Governor destroys everything she has going for her in Woodbury, in which case the inevitability is evident by the militarization of the people, Andrea will find herself with no other choice. But I don't think that will stop her from trying to shoehorn Milton into joining her on the journey to the prison... making them an even bigger target with the addition of the Govenor's personal informant. ;)

Honest

Hi!
Years
On the topic of Milton, I actually wonder where his loyalties truly lay. I mean, I know he's with the Gov, and he sorta does owe so much to him. But Milton has that... I dunno how to say it, ignorant complex? It makes me feel bad seeing him align himself with the Governor when I feel like he's not sure himself if he likes Philip.

That being said, Milton's going to die soon. Definitely by the end of the season, if they don't finish the prison arc by then. Which it seems like they will.

Sirfetch’d

I think that we could lose Milton as soon as this week considering that last week didn't give is a death, one would think that we could have some this episode and lets face it, Milton is definetly a character who will die this season. However, in this week's episode I am mostly looking forward to Michonne earning Rick's trust. He still has doubts about her and I want to see much more of her with this being the week she could prove her worth.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm really curious as to how they're going to use Tyreese in the show. His role is already radically different from what the comics had. Also, who are the people with him?

Sirfetch’d

The girl is his younger sister I believe and the other 2 are random survivors. But yes I haven't read the comics, but from what I have heard is that he had a much bigger role as to where his role in the show seems to be being wasted at the moment.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
The girl is his younger sister I believe and the other 2 are random survivors. But yes I haven't read the comics, but from what I have heard is that he had a much bigger role as to where his role in the show seems to be being wasted at the moment.

I see Tyreese in the comics as Darrel in the television show. In the books, Tyreese was Rick's right-hand man (plenty of room for puns). They fed off each other, fought with each other, and generally kept the group safe while keeping the tension high. They even established the iconic "You Kill, You Die" rule! Now Darrel fills that spot very well and I think Tyreese will have to be put in the backseat if him and his group are to stay in the show.

In a surprising note, Darrel is pretty great. I HATED him originally because he wasn't in the comic, but I've been eating all my initial words about him as his character has developed. He's exactly the type of departure the television show should be taking from the source material, if you ask me.

On topic, I think the next episode will surprise us all. There's seemingly few directions things can go (Governor wins/Rick wins/Nobody wins [my pick]), but whenever the viewers get comfortable big things tend to happen. I'm not saying that we're all comfortable, but Kirkman and crew do know how to make things interesting. For example, anyone who read the book was ticking down the minutes until Shane's demise long before Hershel's farm came into the picture. Shane outlived Dale!!! Things like that are what keep people who've read the books from abandoning the show, so I'm relatively confident that the big battle with the Governor won't go at all like it did in the books.

Spoiler:

Years
Huh. I never thought of Daryl as a replacement for Tyreese, but that's almost EXACTLY what he is! (except better of course!) Speaking of Tyreese... it'll be interesting to see what he and his group do. He and the girl were opposed to harming Rick and his people two episodes ago or so, yet now they're ready to hunt them down? I don't know, they seem like weird characters... or just really, really desperate.

And with Tyreese at his disposal, the Governor now has an entrance straight into the prison, and a guide to Rick and co. So THAT will be interesting. Especially if next episode has Rick, Michonne and Carl invading Woodbury as the Governor invades the prison...

Sirfetch’d

I should really start reading the comics :( I feel like I should to have a better understanding.

As for Tyreese I think that he is a good guy and will fight for Rick, however, the 2 guys that are with him and his sister will not.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
I should really start reading the comics :( I feel like I should to have a better understanding.

As for Tyreese I think that he is a good guy and will fight for Rick, however, the 2 guys that are with him and his sister will not.

You should most definitely start reading the comics. They're just plain fantastic! I feel like the overarching story is told much better in print than it can ever be on television.

The first and second compendiums are both out now, so you can buy the books en-masse for a very reasonable price. On top of being able to read almost the whole story to date in one place, you'll also have two gigantic stacks of paper to use as a desk-weight! Win-Win!!!

Sirfetch’d

Something that has been on my mind is the person in the truck from two episodes ago. The one that released the walkers. Who do you guys think that was because I honestly cannot tell. This has just been bothering me a little bit. My best guess is that it was Karen(the girl that was on the fence, but idk).

Back