• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: trouble staying logged in

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
i've been having issues lately staying logged in. like i'll be logged in but if i open PC in a new tab i won't be logged in under that tab or if i PC open in a tab and i tap something (let's say a thread) the page will load but i'll be logged out. however, i won't be completely logged out, i'll still be displayed as online and if i refresh the page i might be able to log back in without physically logging in if that makes any sense.

i'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but i've tried using PC on both my phone and my ipad and i'm still having the same problem.

Years
I'm not quite jumping to conclusions, but there could be a possibility your account was compromised, or someone is rapidly failing at trying to get into it. In that instance, you'd want to change your email/password here and see if the problem still persists.

That is, assuming you're choosing to stay logged in lmao

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
I'm not quite jumping to conclusions, but there could be a possibility your account was compromised, or someone is rapidly failing at trying to get into it. In that instance, you'd want to change your email/password here and see if the problem still persists.

That is, assuming you're choosing to stay logged in lmao

yikes, i hope that's not the case. i don't believe that my account has been hacked so to say because i've been monitoring where it says "last visited: x hours ago" and it's been accurate. i've also never used the remember me option so i'm not sure what it could be. should i still use precaution and just change my password?

Years
yikes, i hope that's not the case. i don't believe that my account has been hacked so to say because i've been monitoring where it says "last visited: x hours ago" and it's been accurate. i've also never used the remember me option so i'm not sure what it could be. should i still use precaution and just change my password?
Ah, since you've never used the Remember Me option, then that's why you're getting logged off. You'll want to select that in order to stay logged in without having to log in after 30 minutes.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
Ah, since you've never used the Remember Me option, then that's why you're getting logged off. You'll want to select that in order to stay logged in without having to log in after 30 minutes.

sorry i probably should've mentioned the time frame of this occurrence. it'll randomly log me off usually within 1-5 minutes of logging on. like just now i logged in, clicked on the notification so i could reply to you and i found myself logged out. i'm also not being logged out completely when this happens, if i scroll to the bottom of the index page i'll still be listed as active, however, i'm not seeing myself as logged in as honey and i can't do regular things that someone who is logged in would be able to do (ex: replying to threads, viewing PMs, ect.).

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
I'm wondering if perhaps it's a browser-related issue. Out of curiousity, what browser are you using?

google chrome, i'm currently testing out safari to see if I have the same issue.
update: still had the same issue with safari

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm having this issue a lot as well - it's happened in the past but I usually pay it no mind and just log back in, hasn't happened in a while but today it's doing it frequently again. A little annoying when I hit to submit post and it tells me I'm logged out. :P

And yeah, it's like within 1-5 minutes for me as well, so I know I'm not being logged out due to 30 minutes of inactivity.

Reactions: dad
Back