• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Welcoming Committee.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
These people who consistently reply on Welcome threads make the community so much friendlier and make people really feel wanted when they make that first post in the Welcome Lounge.

Let's take a moment and thank the people who try really hard to ensure that every new user's stay starts out pleasant.

Sheep
Dragon
Hikamaru

You guys are awesome, and you don't know how much what you guys do helps the community thrive. Thanks peeps!

Sorry if I missed anybody

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You know what? I'd also like to extend some gratitude to the Welcome Committee. They work exceptionally hard to make sure every new member feels invited into PC which, lets face it, can be pretty intimidating when you're just settling in. I've lurked the Welcome Lounge for a long time now, and I can say with full confidence that Dragon, Sheep, Hikamaru, Cadance, and the whole group has gone above and beyond to make that section greater than the sum of its parts. Good job you guys. I probably could have told you all this in person but I didn't want to miss the chance to post my opinion publicly.

To all of PC, whomever you may be and no matter your position in life, you're among some of the warmest and most compassionate people on the internet. Trust them, respect them, befriend them. And maybe once in a while, greet some new members yourself! Who knows, maybe you could be the next person to usher in PC's newest super star? Or welcome the next Audy out there? ;)

Sirfetch’d

Well while everyone is thanking them, I guess I should too! I remember back when I first joined PC and having Janna welcome me. I felt really at home and welcomed here right from the start and I can only imagine that is how every users that joins PC now feels. As has already been said, joining a new forum can be intimidating and it's nice to know that we have such dedicated users to make our newcomers feel loved and welcomed. Good job you guys and keep up the good work c:

Years
I never made an introduction thread when I first joined, which I really feel weird about. But I guess you can say Sheep (and I guess Dragon as well) was the one who inspired me to become an active poster in the section, and I also loved how Matt (elheroeoscuro) even mentioned my love of TWL in one of his Daily Bloggity entries (I believe it was in his Top 10 PC Thank-Yous countdown) and he mentions how I'm usually "overlooked" by many at my skills.

Also, it's kinda odd how a good chunk of the welcoming committee are staff members, and if memory serves me right I am the only notable one of this mini-group who has not been a mod yet. I love being the sole representative of non-staffers there, and it shows that I care for the section.

So yeah, thanks for your kind words there. I feel glad to have served as an inspiration to you.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
I never made an introduction thread when I first joined, which I really feel weird about. But I guess you can say Sheep (and I guess Dragon as well) was the one who inspired me to become an active poster in the section, and I also loved how Matt (elheroeoscuro) even mentioned my love of TWL in one of his Daily Bloggity entries (I believe it was in his Top 10 PC Thank-Yous countdown) and he mentions how I'm usually "overlooked" by many at my skills.

Also, it's kinda odd how a good chunk of the welcoming committee are staff members, and if memory serves me right I am the only notable one of this mini-group who has not been a mod yet. I love being the sole representative of non-staffers there, and it shows that I care for the section.

So yeah, thanks for your kind words there. I feel glad to have served as an inspiration to you.

Hika, in my eyes, your name should be freakin' orange.

Yukari

Hika, in my eyes, your name should be freakin' orange.

Lets spend a moment to reflect on how true that statement is.

Well now that we have that out of the way I also would like to thank the "Welcoming Committee" for making all the new Members feel at home here on PC. Man, come to think of it I never made a thread there. I was too nervous to make a thread if I remember correctly. But, of course, I'm not sure since I blocked all those memories out of my mind long ago. But regardless, that gesture of kindness is appreciated since you make new members feel at home here. So keep doing what you do!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
...uh, no recognition for me as a former TWL mod...? /feels left out and forgotten ;~;

Anyways, I just want to thank each and every one of you people who take their valuable time to welcome our new members to the forums. Your warm and kind words really shine a bright light for all newcomers to let them know that PC always has a place for each and every person, no matter who they are or where they come from.

Sheep, Dragon, Cadance and Hikamaru, I'm looking at you. Thank you all so very much! Hope I didn't miss out anyone. If I did, please let me know! I don't want anyone to feel left out from the recognition they very well deserve.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think I must put my opinion here.

I personally appreciate anyone who make this forum friendlier when welcoming new members here, I won't give any shout outs though because I don't want one of them who welcomed new members get left out, but I hope all of you guys keep up the good work.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah, I'm sort of disappointed no one mentioned her but..

Amanda, Autumn Reverie, definitely deserves her props too. We used to work together, and she's beyond a very sweet girl - she's doing a really good job at it this too. Plus, you know, without her, I wouldn't of been a TWL mod in the first place, sooo, I hope that you guys give her props as well. n__n

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Amanda deserves it well, too.

Anyway, this makes me wondering, what about some people who posted at The Welcome Lounge on occasion or for a while, I do recall several of them saying hi to new users along with aforementioned awesome welcoming committee (some of them are new users too). I don't think we should say thanks only to the most recognized ones, the minorities also need some love too, so we should equally say thanks to them too. Without them, it wouldn't be The Welcome Lounge, right?

Years
Anyway, this makes me wondering, what about some people who posted at The Welcome Lounge on occasion or for a while, I do recall several of them saying hi to new users along with aforementioned awesome welcoming committee (some of them are new users too). I don't think we should say thanks only to the most recognized ones, the minorities also need some love too, so we should equally say thanks to them too. Without them, it wouldn't be The Welcome Lounge, right?

True true true oh so true

I think it's pretty nice how sometimes even the new members greet each other. Always brightens my day knowing that in my eyes they are confident they'll settle in. And I'm sure they can learn many things from the more experienced members such as ours truly.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I just want to say that if I was a new member (as I remember being on some other forums) I'd be super happy for 10 replies saying not much more than hello, have a great stay etc. More so than one or two long replies with links and whatnot. So it's still okay to be casual and not a living sitemap, right? :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been a regular for TWL for 3 1/2 years. Within those three years I was a moderator. TWL continues to bring happiness, helpfulness, generosity, and kindness to every single member that steps inside that doorstep. I've worked with great staffers, great regulars, as well as future moderators (who are now/were moderators!) to keep that place as kind as possible. Seeing new members grow is something I absolutely adore seeing.

I really appreciate that even though it's been...uhh two years since I left the position I'm still getting recognized! I'm really glad for that and I thank you. I hope to make more time to become a regular once again, but being a club and server moderator keeps me busy most of the time! But I will rebound! I just want to thank Dragon, Sheep, Amanda, and everyone else whether former mod or current regular...for keeping them new members happy. They deserve it. They look up to us, because we as older members we must guide them through the thick and thin of PC. Keep doing that, they'll appreciate it so much.

Years
I wouldn't necessarily say that there's a "committee" of welcoming members here at at all. Why? Simply because anybody is free to welcome new members into our wonderful community. :) I will say that the times I have welcomed members, I have always had new members stick around and become friends with me, and tell me about their experiences to date on PC as well from time to time. That's what I love to see in new members that want to be a part of the community and stay around; interactivity with members is key to friendships for sure.

Like many, I also believe that TWL mods definitely deserve(d) their positions. Of all of the TWL mods during my time as a member (Hiidoran, Denny Hamlin, Sheep, Synerjee, and now Dragon, and others who I'm not sure modded the section (sorry >.<)), not once have I ever seen any of them scorn a new member when they introduce somebody to PC. I feel that you guys are all approachable to the members here, new or old, and I wish you guys the best in keeping your spirits up.

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
Something seemingly inconsequential at one point can have profound effects later on down the road. Things such as this that seem slight in magnitude at a glance tip the scale oh so fervently, don't they?

If there were a selection of people—even a vague grouping such as this—that would have made the biggest difference in the scheme of PC, it'd be those bringing new people in. Rather than pick at who's who in the "committee", I believe even those who only welcomed a single person deserve as much of an acknowledgement as the others. Chance is a finicky one, and why not be an inclusionist anyway? :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Wow this makes me happy because I used to be a Welcome Lounge regular several months/a year back. Though recently I've kind of falling back on greeting people cause of time and such. But anytime I greet someone or welcome them here , it always feels so nice. Knowing I can help people become familiarized with this forum and it's people has this wonderful feeling of gratification. I just get so happy when someone says they felt comfortable cause I helped them or when a new user opens up more and starts chatting with me or other users. Though honestly, this section doesn't get enough appreciation or recognition. So seeing a thread for this , devoted to those who I'd see everyday when I was regular here, it makes my day. The mods here are really perfect for the job, though it's still hard for me to see anyone else but Megan, Denny Hamlin, run this place , cause she has a great amount of enthusiasm and determination and when she did , she was beyond amazing at her job. Same goes to Dragon,Sheep, and Autumn Reverie as well, they are all just dedicated to keeping it alive I should probably really try harder to visit this place more often cause I really miss when I was able to welcome several people a day and really help newcomers out. :)

Last edited:
Back