• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
When does the new version come out because I am dying to play multiplayer!!
Can you also show us how to do it??
Can we already play multiplayer on the previous version too?? Please reply!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
The GBA English version doesn't work on the website. Just wanted to let you know because for some reason my Anti-virus as been flagging every IPS I download. It's be awesome if you could get this fixed, thank you!

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
it would be awesome if he ever make Pokemon - Dark Platinum as well different story
and whole new map - etc ya'know
just thought ^_^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
When does the new version come out because I am dying to play multiplayer!!
Can you also show us how to do it??
Can we already play multiplayer on the previous version too?? Please reply!!
No new version.
No multiplayer.
No dreams fulfilled, I know...

The GBA English version doesn't work on the website. Just wanted to let you know because for some reason my Anti-virus as been flagging every IPS I download. It's be awesome if you could get this fixed, thank you!
Then your anti-virus should be disabled for the time being ;)
Anti-Viruses are pretty stupid you don't need to pay attention to these warnings ;)

i get a white screen when i play it
Use the magic of search button and find your answer :)
This question has been asked 10,549,249 times and answered 10,994,052 times =)

Charvisioku

Psyduck Fanatic
Years
Wow, after 6 different roms, I've finally found one that works... well that was annoying. Not your fault, I know. Just very frustrating. I suppose that's what you expect when you play hacks, though! I love what I'm seeing so far, the tile set is great and I like the story so far.

Only thing I would suggest is that you state that a v1.0 Ruby rom is needed, because that was part of my problem. I didn't have a clue that a specific version was needed until I searched, and even then I read 10 posts before I found that info. As I said, I know it's not your fault but it might save people the frustration, that's all. :)

Definitely a 9/10 so far, though! Will be putting a bar in my sig if this is the standard all the way through. Good work!

Ahaha oh god so much free s*** xD
Talking to randomers really pays in this hack xD
Epic.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Ummm....So i accidentally skipped the second gym leader, and tried to go back to Esmerald City, but then the boat isnt on your side. This may have happened to others, but this is just a silly mistake in the game on both my part and the programmers

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
So what is the "Global Trading and Battles (in PC)" thing you mentioned earlier mean??
What PC you were taking about, out here or in the game??

Years
Ummm....So i accidentally skipped the second gym leader, and tried to go back to Esmerald City, but then the boat isnt on your side. This may have happened to others, but this is just a silly mistake in the game on both my part and the programmers
You know this would stop your game progress in future as many people have posted problems relating it.. so please start a new game or else...

Years
I believe what that guy meant about the final version is the one with graphical edits like to the Pokedex and opening intro. The version Ash is talking about is the translated version from Snakebyte. Since Wesley hasn't updated in a while the translated version is technically the final version.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
I'm trying to get into this hack but seriously, I don't like the plot whatsoever... it feels childish and cheesy. A "voiced" protagonist doesn't help either. Also, The first trainer I battle already has 4 pokemon? No way to heal my starter except for a single "max potion" (??) that I get from a random girl at the very beggining. After that, well, full teams of level 5 pokemon feels weird. Everybody seems to give you rare or uncommon items (or pokemon) for absolutely no reason. A lot of things the NPCs say make no sense at all.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, not trying to be one, it's just that the whole idea of this hack, I mean regions, leagues, gyms, the pokemon variety, etc. is so awesome that this could be better game than any of the originals... it's kinda disappointing that a variety of small fixable things cheapen it (for me). I have to give (a lot of) credit to the designing and the size of the project though, it's awesome. I may have to understand that this is a hack after all, and for that I apologize. I know it took a lot of time to be made and I praise and thank the creators for that.

Dennisaur

Poke Master, For real!
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
is it possible to catch all the pokemon in this game?

Im too lazy to read ^.^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back