• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
Just beat Norman. And omg, he is almost impossible. I tried it like 30 to 40 times! o.0

My team right now: (some are very underleveled, some very overleveled. because of all the exp. points I got from Norman.)

345.gif
Lileep lvl 24.
-Astonish
-Ingrain
-Acid
-Bullet seed

064.gif
Kadabra lvl 45
-Recover
-Psychic
-Shock wave
-Psybeam

126.gif
Magmar lvl 49
-Flamethrower
-Rock smash
-Confuse ray
-Fire punch

247.gif
Pupitar lvl 51
-Rock slide
-Crunch
-Secret power
-Thrash

260.gif
Swampert lvl 60(!)
-Take down
-Earthquake
-Hydro pump
-Water pulse

As you can see, Swampert is extremely overleveled. He sweeped most of Norman's pokemon. I'm gonna train lileep hard now.

Years

It's something I'll consider but a few Pokémon have the Elemental Punches implemented into their Movepools now.

Considering many people are using Larvitar yeah I've changed the movesets for all three Larvitar, Pupitar & Tyranitar:

Larvitar now learns Rock Throw at Level 10
Pupitar now learns Ancient Power at Level 30 & Faint Attack at Level 36
Tyranitar now learns ThunderPunch, Ice Punch & Fire Punch at Level 50 (Move Relearner)
Hey the Gligar in Dark Cave also uses Struggle only....

Defeated Wattson on first try with following team:
Lv 32 Grovyle
Pursuit, Quick Attack, Leaf Blade, Bullet seed
Lv 29 Pidgeotto
Wing Attack, Sand-Attack. Gust, Quick Attack
Lv 28 Elekid
Thunderpunch, Swift, Light Screen, Quick Attack
Lv 27 Poliwhirl
Rain Dance, Hypnosis, Double Slap, Water Gun
Lv 24 Larvitar
Rock Slide, Screech, Bite, Sandstorm

Also I was thinking that as there are very few Heart Scales in the game can you add more plz so that we can teach our pokes different moves

blue

gucci
Years
The teleport from the Rustboro City side of the Rusturf Tunnel is bugged and takes you into the middle of nowhere. I had restarted my game because my team was garbage and now I have to restart again.

That's strange, when I entered the left side of the tunnel there was no problem:
PokemonExpertEmerald63_02.png

Are you sure you've downloaded the latest release because although it's named 6.3 I've released a further two without any announcements mainly because there was a problem with the trainer in Rusturf Tunnel which I went on to delete and before that it may have disturbed the warps or something.

yer same thing happened to me when i was daoing my dark poke run

Try downloading the latest (today) 6.36 release, patching your game and see if it fixes the problem.

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
OK, let's get this patched! Restarting my game.

EDIT: "Makuhita" is still misspelled on Brawly's team in the gym leader document. Wally's team is still shown nowhere in the documentation.

blue

gucci
Years
OK, let's get this patched! Restarting my game.

EDIT: "Makuhita" is still misspelled on Brawly's team in the gym leader document. Wally's team is still shown nowhere in the documentation.

Thanks for pointing that out. I figured that I would just do the Elite Four & Gym Leaders on the document otherwise if I added Wally I would also be obliged to add the rival's team too but it was something I originally planned on doing but kinda got forgotton about but I might add actually.

Hey the Gligar in Dark Cave also uses Struggle only....

Also I was thinking that as there are very few Heart Scales in the game can you add more plz so that we can teach our pokes different moves

I figured that would be the case with some Pokémon, I can easily get that fixed. I could add a few Heart Scales around different Towns/Cities.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
If you want Heart Scales, use the classic method for now. I'll start my 6.36 run today, so I'll be able to actually TEST THE MIRAGE TOWER.

I'll be releasing a later version which will have more Pokémon movepool changes, TM changes & Attack Power changes so you can wait if you wish. Also let me know if there is a problem with the Mirage Tower, I haven't tested that fully myself yet.

Beta 6.7

Theres been quite a big change since the last release which is why I recommend downloading this Beta, the changes are the following:

Spoiler:

*Please report any glitches that occur.

Last edited:
Years
Just beat the crap out of Winona, Easy with my team :D

My team right after Winona:

147.gif
Dratini lvl 27
-Hidden power
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Dragon rage

126.gif
Magmar lvl 56
-Flamethrower
-Confuse ray
-Rock smash
-Fire punch

065.gif
Alakazam lvl 57
-Psychic
-Fire punch
-Thunder punch
-Ice punch (awhhyeah elemental punches!)

346.gif
Cradily lvl 57
-Confuse ray
-Giga drain
-Rock slide
-Facade

248.gif
Tyranitar lvl 57
-Rock slide
-Crunch
-Secret power
-Thrash

260.gif
Swampert lvl 61
-Take down
-Earthquake
-Hydro pump
-Surf

blue

gucci
Years
Finally can relax and actually play through it myself and considering people are doing updates I'll give it a shot:

After Roxanne which only took 2-3 times considering I had the double advantage my team is..

Ani252MS.png
Treeko - Level 15

* Pound
* Absorb
* Leer
* Quick Attack

Ani188MS.png
Skiploom - Level 20

*Sleep Powder
*Synthesis
*Razor Leaf
*Tackle

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Hey everyone, first post here. I just wanted to say this hack has breathed new life into Emerald. I coupled it with a special/physical split patch (I cant stand the old special/physical system).

Currently just beat the second gym on my first try, Roxanne was a breeze with a level 2x Combusken with Double Kick and Focus Energy, and Brawly fell swiftly to the same (I trained Kadabra after defeating him).
Current team:

Combusken L29
Kadabra L25
Zigzagoon (HM Slave)

Off to Slateport! Again, thanks for the great patch and keep it up.

Oh, also after 900 hours on my emerald/firered cartridges, I found my first shiny on this :D Pink mareep ftw

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
TM46 Thief is now Ice Punch
8( dude.....thief is an incredibly important move. My team kinda relys on me being able to steal a sunstone on solrock. While this isn't the end of the world i think you should have gotten rid of a more useless tm. Why not try snatch or safeguard.
Haven't started my restart of this game, but will update when i do.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Hey everyone, first post here. I just wanted to say this hack has breathed new life into Emerald. I coupled it with a special/physical split patch (I cant stand the old special/physical system).

Currently just beat the second gym on my first try, Roxanne was a breeze with a level 2x Combusken with Double Kick and Focus Energy, and Brawly fell swiftly to the same (I trained Kadabra after defeating him).
Current team:

Combusken L29
Kadabra L25
Zigzagoon (HM Slave)

Off to Slateport! Again, thanks for the great patch and keep it up.

Oh, also after 900 hours on my emerald/firered cartridges, I found my first shiny on this :D Pink mareep ftw

Dude can you post a link for that Physical/Special Split patch? If it's not allowed then don't mind posting it. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Ever heard of hidden items? :)
There's about 10 Heart Scales hidden in the game.

Suicune: Um... I forgot to add :D You probably mistook Eon Ticket for Rainbow Pass since you put Rainbow Ticket instead of Eon Ticket.

blue

gucci
Years
8( dude.....thief is an incredibly important move. My team kinda relys on me being able to steal a sunstone on solrock. While this isn't the end of the world i think you should have gotten rid of a more useless tm. Why not try snatch or safeguard.
Haven't started my restart of this game, but will update when i do.

Not to worry, the TM's seem to be the same anyway something must have went wrong so for the time being they are the same as usual.

Ever heard of hidden items? :)
There's about 10 Heart Scales hidden in the game.

Suicune: Um... I forgot to add :D You probably mistook Eon Ticket for Rainbow Pass since you put Rainbow Ticket instead of Eon Ticket.

You're right! I'm thinking of Fire Red, thanks.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Beta 6.73 ; Added Sun Stone for Eevee into Espeon at Route 112, Removed Elemental Punches from TMS ~ Most Pokémon that should have it do have them in their new edited Movepool.

Is the Zigzagoon at the beginning suppoesed to be level 2

Yes, this is something that can't be edited and it seems reasonable considering May is edited.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Beta 6.73 ; Added Sun Stone for Eevee into Espeon at Route 112, Removed Elemental Punches from TMS ~ Most Pokémon that should have it do have them in their new edited Movepool.

Yes, this is something that can't be edited and it seems reasonable considering May is edited.

May was a pain to beat because of that darn Skitty she had.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Anyone else had issues with black screens? My game has frozen on 2 occasions - once when in the 2nd Gym, one of the blackbelts caused it and now it froze on a dual battle west of the trick master's house (after you cut a tree). Also there seems to be a problem with certain sounds, Blaziken's cry is distorted at the end. This may be a problem just on my end, since I'm running my emulator in Linux using Wine, although the original rom doesn't have these problems.

Also, game's starting to get hard at Wattson, tried to defeat him twice but I failed. I'll train a few more levels and get another 'mon before I attempt it again.

blue

gucci
Years
Anyone else had issues with black screens? My game has frozen on 2 occasions - once when in the 2nd Gym, one of the blackbelts caused it and now it froze on a dual battle west of the trick master's house (after you cut a tree). Also there seems to be a problem with certain sounds, Blaziken's cry is distorted at the end. This may be a problem just on my end, since I'm running my emulator in Linux using Wine, although the original rom doesn't have these problems.

It may be the emulator or something, I have no problems on Visual Boy Advance.

Back